Community Focus

Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 PM #1
III Grunt III
Toodaloo

III Grunt III owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
III Grunt III owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
III Grunt III supports Empire
What pants should I get???

I'm in the market for some new pants, so I could use some help on deciding what kind I should get. I'm interested in either the 2010 empire pants, 2010 eclipse pants, or just post up some pants you think would be good. I'm a short guy, about 5' 4", so I definitely will need small pants. I wear Invert pants right now, so I don't have much to begin with. Post with your thoughts.
III Grunt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2009, 10:10 PM #2
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
Nomahsib supports DLX Technology
What are you looking for in the pants?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM #3
III Grunt III
Toodaloo

III Grunt III owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
III Grunt III owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
III Grunt III supports Empire
imvlooking for breathability, comfort, and good padding because I slide a lot.
III Grunt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:04 PM #4
Akumaws6

I love my Valken Redemption pants but the Empire 10s look awesome too
Akumaws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 PM #5
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
Nomahsib supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by III Grunt III View Post
imvlooking for breathability, comfort, and good padding because I slide a lot.
In terms of padding Empire pants are hands down the best. They have padding in every area you could imagine. My Empire pants are pretty light too. Might I suggest trying them on before making a purchase though. Comfort is all preference so you would be best off trying them on.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM #6
matty0234
Delta55

if your a speedballer listen to these guys lol, they know what they're talking about. if you're a woodsballer or scenario. Rip-Stop BDUs and Rip Stop ONLY lol, I ripped a brand new pair of regular BDU's after only 1 game. But you can wear em anywhere too, they're comfortable, tough, relatively breathable and good colors for camo. I recommend em.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 PM #7
Bakedbeans

Bakedbeans helped look for balloons
Bakedbeans supports Team VICIOUS
Also the new Empire pants come with the slide panels in them and REALLY nice knee padding and back support. Plus, the microfiber on a bungee in the pocket.
Bakedbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 PM #8
rob7289

What about the Tanked Pants!!?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:23 PM #9
!_JESS TPS_!

!_JESS TPS_! owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
!_JESS TPS_! supports Empire
JT ALL THE WAY. i love jt pants! best i have ever had
!_JESS TPS_! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:22 PM #10
horn71

sorry to jack thread, but I too was considering the 2010 empire ltd pants or the eclipse pants. Has anyone used both? which knees seem to hold out longer? The reason I love my 08 empires is due to its kevlar knees, and knowing that the eclipses have a huge patch of kevlar for their knees, I was wondering how durable they are. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:15 PM #11
Big Jay
lets lets get ittt

love my o8 and o9 pe's
Big Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM #12
fofo
Make an assessment!

fofo plays in the PSP
fofo plays in the APPA D3 division
Empire pants hands down are the nicest pants on the market Greats padding everywhere especialy in the croch area (yes idk about you but I look for this in pants) And come with a built in microfiber cloth I mean whats not to like about them
Cameron Peek Fan #1
Trade My Gun
Paintball Plex
fofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM #13
Paradox313
sXe *****es

Quote:
Originally Posted by fofo View Post
Empire pants hands down are the nicest pants on the market Greats padding everywhere especialy in the croch area (yes idk about you but I look for this in pants) And come with a built in microfiber cloth I mean whats not to like about them
Have you tried every single pants on the market and played multiple games on multiple days in all?
Really doubt it.

It's pretty hard to say which pants are the best buy. Especially getting feedback from an open forum.
Personally, I'm a DYE kinda guy. Just love their durable products.

Only thing I can suggest is read up on reviews, and how much you're looking to spend. It's not like your Proshop is going to allow you to try on pants. But if they're not in the plastic, maybe you can feel them some.

Hope you get what you need, and not get biased responses.
Paradox313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:27 PM #14
FL_Jester

Disclaimer- I don't think I am a 'fanboy' of any particular manufacturer. My gear collection is from all over the spectrum of makers.

I picked up a pair of JT FX Concept pants last weekend, and I think they are the best paintball pants I have ever held/worn. You should take into account that pants are a very personal thing, and they might be to think/heavy (not they they are think and heavy, just thicker and heavier than some) for some, but they are perfect for me.

From the graciously padded area in front of Mr. Happy, to the kevler covered knees, they just scream durability. I hope I am as happy with them 2 years from now, as I am today, and based on my track record with their pants, I will be VERY disappointed if I am not.

My one grip is there could have been some more double pockets, with Velcro closures up top. I often like to keep keys/etc in my pockets depend on the games/where I am playing, and that is less of an option than with some pants I have owned.

Try on any pants you possibly can is my advice though!
FL_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 AM #15
Beast02
Ill have tuna, no crust

cant go wrong with empire.
Beast02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:12 AM #16
proto_oli
INERTIA

proto_oli plays in the PSP
proto_oli supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox313 View Post
Have you tried every single pants on the market and played multiple games on multiple days in all?
Really doubt it.

It's pretty hard to say which pants are the best buy. Especially getting feedback from an open forum.
Personally, I'm a DYE kinda guy. Just love their durable products.

Only thing I can suggest is read up on reviews, and how much you're looking to spend. It's not like your Proshop is going to allow you to try on pants. But if they're not in the plastic, maybe you can feel them some.

Hope you get what you need, and not get biased responses.
really? I always try stuff in the proshop before I buy it..
Old 12-22-2009, 12:23 PM #17
Rip Machine

Rip Machine is a founding member
Rip Machine owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I tried on several recently. This is my opinion on a few...

I tried the Empire LTD pants. 09 I believe, they come in stars, and weird black and white designs. I'm 6'1 196, w-33 l-32-33 generally. The larges are too big... Try to get your waist in the middle of the "waist size range" that is displayed next to the size. you don't want to be on the small end. Yes some people supposedly like the pants baggy... but they won't fit as designed. You'll have to have the waist velcro completely pulled which means your waist won't even contact the waist, but only the belt strap.

The mediums fit nice, and the knee padding is thick, but only in one particular spot which is supposed to be where your kneecap is. Problem for me was this isn't the spot where my knees are when I kneel, so that great padding doesn't even get used...

The pants also didn't have a liner along the inside so you feel the raw inside of the hard stiching. Overall the pants are very nice looking and have a lot of features, but lack in the comfort department. However they stay very cool.

The JT Teams I believe are the next I tried. They feel VERY soft on the inside, and the padding, is thick, but also a softer foam than in the Empires "kneecap spot". However its all the way through to the shin so it will cover what it touches. The material outside the kneepad looks prone to tear/fray off with sliding. The pants get hot really fast too... but overall much simpler and more comfortable than the empires. The Dye c9 were nice but the knee padding was rather weak... more comparative to the eclipse distortions. A simpler pant, with less stuff attached to it than the empires. These were actually very comfortable overall, especially at the waist.

The eclipse were my least favorite. The padding was somewhat weak. I like the fact that they didn't fit as ridiculously baggy as the empires. The eclipse is definitely cut closer. But I feel like these pants are behind as far as design, as they remind me more of some of the pants I was using several years ago, shy of the looks. However they are very well ventilated.

I believe if empire would just add a liner and make the knee padding on their LTD model's kneecap cover more and lower it a bit, these would be gold.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:19 PM #18
Paradox313
sXe *****es

Quote:
Originally Posted by proto_oli View Post
really? I always try stuff in the proshop before I buy it..
Most pants come seal wrapped in plastic. Right?
I wouldn't want my customers opening them, and deciding they wouldn't want them.
Paradox313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:35 AM #19
proto_oli
INERTIA

proto_oli plays in the PSP
proto_oli supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox313 View Post
Most pants come seal wrapped in plastic. Right?
I wouldn't want my customers opening them, and deciding they wouldn't want them.
been to WC?
everything is out of its plastic wrapping, so that you can try it on and see if it fits and you like it..

same goes for all the local shops here.. and the few ones I've visited in the States..

the idea that you can't try something on (clothing wise) is beyond stupid. I know there are some exceptios.. but paintball clothing not being one of them
Old 12-23-2009, 07:59 PM #20
mattmTIP
Melton ForTheWin!

mattmTIP plays in the PSP
mattmTIP supports Team VICIOUS
mattmTIP plays in the APPA D4 division
Just got a full set of Empire 2010 gear and trust me the Contact tz's are worth the money
Old 12-23-2009, 09:45 PM #21
CovertAssassin

I could suggest DYE C7 and up series. Only for the breath-ability and durability. But not comfort. They tend to fall down after a while. And they are sort of heavy.