PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 PM #1
pbjunkiee
Go big or go home

Procrastination

What the longest you have waited to do something?

Just today, I waited to do a paper until 5 hours before it was due.

In 5 hours I did a 2000 word paper on the american dream with 6 sources. and had a 4 page works cited portion with a literary review

st:p hk trollfest 8-29-11
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2009, 08:59 PM #2
Crazyfive2

Crazyfive2 helped look for balloons
Crazyfive2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i once had to do a term paper that was like 15 pages on an early author. i dont even remember his name. i started it at midnight the day it was due. i had 8 hours to complete it. i completed it, but also recieved a B+ on it.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 PM #3
dot.nation

has been a member for 10 years
i wrote a paper the morning it was due. got a B. aroooo.

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=722679
dot.nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM #4
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads

jackassguy147 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot.nation View Post
i wrote a paper the morning it was due. got a B. aroooo.
Did you have any preparation before it like an outline? or did you wing the entire thing? If so GJ.

jackassguy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 PM #5
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
waited until probably 3 days before i had a term paper due to start on it (had done a little research and such, but no writing). 99/100.

also, finals start (for me) next week, and i have yet to start studying. probably should get on that pretty soon.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:19 PM #6
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Haha, I have the best procrastination story.

I've put off O. Chem lab for 6 straight semesters, but being my last one, I had to take it. They made us write so much, despite not being a "writing intensive" credit. One of the lab reports was due, graded, and then you were able to resubmit it and get half of your points loss back.

I came to class the first due date without the paper. I emailed it to the TA 3 days late and got an 87/125 (not very good).

So then the 2nd due date comes around, but we were able to have it pushed back a week. I came to class the next week without changing anything on the paper, and decided to take the late points and not hand it in just then.

About a week goes by and I remember that I never handed that paper in. I go to the TAs office and hand in the same paper I originally submitted; no changes what-so-ever.

About a week passes and he hands the papers back in class... 125 out of 125. Not a single mark on my paper. People were getting -10 points for having the mechanism slightly wrong... I didn't even have the mechanism. The entire paper used a single citation; the lab manual. No one else even scored above a 115.

So yeah, procrastination pays.

tl;dr - Submitted paper 3 days late, got a 87/125. Re-submitted paper without a single correction a week after the revision due date and I got a 125/125.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 AM #7
dot.nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackassguy147 View Post
Did you have any preparation before it like an outline? or did you wing the entire thing? If so GJ.
winged it.

My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=722679
dot.nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:38 AM #8
SexyChicken

final project for my graphics class started it the day before it was due, worked 18 straight hours and had to turn it in without having it completely finished. And my final project for my operating systems class was due yesterday, but the last day to turn it in is sunday, so im starting it tomorrow
Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 AM #9
ADHS09

ADHS09 helped look for balloons
ADHS09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ADHS09 supports Team VICIOUS
I put off a 50 page research paper/ hell spawn project and the presentation for it, until two days before it was due. I got a 92 on it some how.

Brevard College 2009 NCAA D2 Cycling National Champs!
-KHS XC-604, Norco Sasquach, Trek SL, Gary Fisher XC hardtail

Sponsored by SMX Optics and 661
ADHS09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:58 AM #10
calebh

freshman year, wrote a 12 page final paper including research, over a 36 hours period before it was due. got what would have been an A+ if tulane gave those.

last year, turned in a final paper a week and a half late and a page and a half short, and still managed a B+ in the class. (no idea how, or what the grade on the paper was. should have failed, though.)

this year, had to write a short 2 page paper. did a page and a half in the 30 minutes before class and got a B

in high school, hand wrote a 2 page paper due that day, in the 10 minutes between sitting down and when the paper was picked up. mine was picked out of the class as the best.

i always procrastinate papers, and i always do good on them. those are just my favorite examples. the only professor/teacher i've ever had who didn't like my writing was my freshman english professor.

Last edited by calebh : 12-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.
calebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:44 PM #11
PM7_user
My life for Aiur!

PM7_user owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PM7_user posts videos on PbNation
PM7_user plays in the APPA beginner division
PM7_user has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
In psychology we were doing a survey that we had to hand out to 50 people to fill out. The professor told us about it the first week of the semester. 12 weeks later and the morning of at 2:00 AM I started. Didn't hand out a single survery and BS'd the entire thing. I had results and graphs and all... made a 100.
PM7_user is offline   Reply With Quote