Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstud08 View Post
Do you watch Eagles games? Have you been a fan of the team for the past 10 years? If you answered yes to both of these questions I don't see how you can possibly think he's a good coach.

An average of 9-7 every season is NOT "pretty ****in good". Look at his record in big games, 1-5. It is common knowledge that he is a poor coach, not just a few peoples opinion.
Mike Wilbon summed it up best when he said something along the lines of, the eagles continue to fail in the redzone because andy reid refuses to have a power running game.

We were one of the worst teams in the redzone last year because of his refusal to run the ball in short yardage situations. If you can't agree with these fact, and experts that call him a mediocre coach at best, theres nothing more i can say to you.

I have been watching them for the last 10 years, yes. No I'm not a fan. But you sound like a typical douche Philly fan who wants to throw everyone out the door the second they displease you in any way.

Reid has run a pass heavy offense for years, and its got them VERY far. They've played indoors, at home, outdoors on the road, had a ferocious defense and always lost to a better team with the exception of 1 year. He's lead them to numerous division titles and championship games, with his passing offense. Without his passing offense you wouldnt have been in the NFCCG in 2003 because 4th and 26 would have never happened. So stop being a douchebag and open your eyes and stop buying into all the negative. The guys gonna win you 11 games this year and get you to the playoffs, get over it. Every year they have chances and come up THAT short. At some point players have to execute too you know.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2009, 11:06 PM #23
pbstud08

Always lost to a better team? Lets break down that 1-5. They played the rams, bucs, panthers, cardinals, falcons, and patriots.

The patriots and rams were better teams.

They were favorites AT HOME against the bucs and panthers. They beat the falcons, and were even with the cardinals.

Philly fans want results, not 11 years of close but never enough. I will admit, if reid had a top notch qb his offense would work. With Mcnabb, it is a bad offense yet he continues to try. If you are not an eagles fan you dont watch the games with the same scrutiny we do, so it really doesnt matter what you think. The fact of the matter is that it makes no difference how many times he gets to the playoffs, it ends the same way every year. He needs to go, and 90 percent of anyone who talks football agrees
Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 PM #24
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Always lost to a better team? Lets break down that 1-5. They played the rams, bucs, panthers, cardinals, falcons, and patriots.

The patriots and rams were better teams.

They were favorites AT HOME against the bucs and panthers. They beat the falcons, and were even with the cardinals.

Philly fans want results, not 11 years of close but never enough. I will admit, if reid had a top notch qb his offense would work. With Mcnabb, it is a bad offense yet he continues to try. If you are not an eagles fan you dont watch the games with the same scrutiny we do, so it really doesnt matter what you think. The fact of the matter is that it makes no difference how many times he gets to the playoffs, it ends the same way every year. He needs to go, and 90 percent of anyone who talks football agrees

Yes I do.....Im just not blinded by my emotions when watching them. Passionate fans? Absolutely, but that doesnt always allow you to see the clear picture.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 PM #25
pbstud08

I see the picture perfectly. 0-3 in games with a ridiculous pass to run ratio. He does not make in game adjustments. He is 1-5 in big games.

Teams that win superbowls run the ball.

Steelers Playoffs-95 runs, 90 passes
Giants Playoffs- 118 runs, 119 passes
Colts Playoffs- 147 runs, 154 passes
Steelers Playoffs-142 runs, 96 passes.

Eagles 2004 playoffs-75 runs, 111 passes
Eagles 2003 playoffs-51 runs, 75 passes
Eagles 2002 Playoffs-47 runs, 79 passes
Eagles 2001 Playoffs-82 runs, 95 passes.

Notice a trend? Superbowl champs run about 50-50, the eagles average is 60-40. Balanced attackes win championships, not andy reids pass happy gameplans
Old 12-01-2009, 09:39 AM #26
Mike Scifres (Banned)

You're obviously more qualified to be a head coach so why don't you stop posting here and fill out an application?
Mike Scifres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 AM #27
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Scifres View Post
You're obviously more qualified to be a head coach so why don't you stop posting here and fill out an application?
Well cleary if they run the ball 10% more of the time they'd be 6-0 in Superbowls since 2001!!!!1one

This kid is so full of fail its hilarious. His primary argument consists of *****ing about a coaching style thats got them to the NFC Championshiop 6 times. Sure you want more, but so dont we all. A coach can only do so much, its up to the players to execute, and the Rams, Bucs, and Panthers were better teams at the time. The Panthers you could make a case for not being ""better" but they knocked out McNabb so what do you want? This kids a moron, BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA REID SUCKS! BLAAAAAAAAA!! RUN MOAAAAR! BLAAAAAAAAAA! He's seriously crying over 5 running plays a game....its pathetic how idiotic Eagle fans are.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 PM #28
JonnyBlackbeard

JonnyBlackbeard is playing at Living Legends III
JonnyBlackbeard supports Team VICIOUS
JonnyBlackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 PM #29
Fat_Joe
$OG$

lulz
Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 PM #30
pbstud08

You guys make me laugh. If nfl analysts and espn guys, such as mike wilbon, constantly criticize him for his play calling, they might be on to something...

His refusing to use a power running game and call nothing but pass plays in the redzone made us one of the worst teams in that department last year.

If you don't agree with me and the majority of analysts fine, just take your ignorance elsewhere
Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 PM #31
pbstud08

over 5 running plays a game? we lost to oakland because he called 55 pass plays and 13 runs. And its not that he does that once a season, it happens 3 times or more.

The year the eagles lost to the bucs they beat them earlier in the season, and were favored again. Let's throw out my running argument, since you obviously dont understand passing 55 times a game is a bad idea.

It's a well known fact that his second biggest weakness, aside from his clock management, is in game adjustment. Why do you think we passed 55 times at oakland? His gameplan was to expose the weak secondary oakland has. Great plan, until mcnabb starts throwing short and behind receivers all day. So instead of doing the thing good coaches do, adjust mid game, he continues to pass and we lose to oakland.

If the gameplan he originally devises works, he looks like a great coach. If not, he fails to adjust mid game and we see what happens.

You can laugh at me or do whatever because it doesn't matter, general consensus of people who know what theyre talking about agrees that he needs to go.

Last edited by pbstud08 : 12-01-2009 at 10:58 PM.
pbstud08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 AM #32
Mike Scifres (Banned)

You should cry more. Someone might start caring.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:45 AM #33
pbstud08

Quote:
You should cry more. Someone might start caring.
get out. This is a thread for football fans who understand how andy reid needs to go. It's kinda like a gun clan, if you hate timmys dont join the timmy clan
Old 12-02-2009, 12:52 AM #34
Featherlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbob1088 View Post
He did look into the stats. He also said that they played flat out better teams (they did).

The Pats in 2007 ran the ball pretty much never. They did alright.
I'm pretty sure that's untrue. I thought that the pats in 07, and every other year, were very close to 50-50 in terms of called runs and called passes.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 AM #35
Mike Scifres (Banned)

Quote:
get out. This is a thread for football fans who understand how andy reid needs to go. It's kinda like a gun clan, if you hate timmys dont join the timmy clan
Two words: Norv. Turner.

You get no sympathy. Please replace your tampon with a fresh one.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 AM #36
pbstud08

Yes the pats were very close to 50-50, much closer than the eagles.

And yeah norv turner isnt the greatest either.

It's not like ive wanted reid gone since day 1, but after 10 years of the exact same problems, it's time to move on.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM #37
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
He's a good coach for about 55 minutes.
I love what Bill Simmons said about needing a closer coach for him. Like it would be just like a baseball game, everybody would stand and cheer for Reid while they take him out for the closer.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:43 AM #38
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Two words: Norv. Turner.

You get no sympathy. Please replace your tampon with a fresh one.
I actually like Turner. I think he's one of the best offensive minds in the game.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:47 AM #39
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
You guys make me laugh. If nfl analysts and espn guys, such as mike wilbon, constantly criticize him for his play calling, they might be on to something...

His refusing to use a power running game and call nothing but pass plays in the redzone made us one of the worst teams in that department last year.

If you don't agree with me and the majority of analysts fine, just take your ignorance elsewhere

If Mike Wilbon is the major figure in your corner you got issues. He's not an NFL analyst, he's a talking head. Listen to the people who actually know whats going on, guys who cover the NFL like Adam Schein, Jim Miller, Rich Gannon, Bob Poppa, Tim Ryan, Pat Kirwan, Gil Brandt, etc.

Quote:

LOLWUT?!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 AM #40
Mike Scifres (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
I actually like Turner. I think he's one of the best offensive minds in the game.
This thread is about head coaches.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 AM #41
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Oh God, I cant stop laughing. This is better then that time my girlfriend walked into a sliding glass door.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 PM #42
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Oh God, I cant stop laughing. This is better then that time my girlfriend walked into a sliding glass door.
lol...what about the time she realized she was dating an asian? HAHAHAH. Now THAT was hilarious.