I made this for you!

Annual Supporting Member
TheColorCute is a Moderator
TheColorCute is a Paintball photographer
TheColorCute owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheColorCute supports Team VICIOUS
TheColorCute supports Sherwood Forest
Virtue board in a DM7?

I'm thinking of upgrading the board in my DM7. It has a stock board right now. Will I see a significant performance increase if I upgrade to a Virtue board (the standard Ultra Lite Virtue, not the OLED). I generally shoot semi -- will I see a good performance increase in semi-auto mode if I upgrade from a stock board? Also, is the Virtue easier to set? The stock board is super annoying to adjust -- is the Virtue easier to adjust? For those of you who have a Virtue in your DM7 (or any DM for that matter), do you like it?

This is the board --

http://www.actionvillage.com/011-277-0033

Any input will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
TheColorCute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 PM #2
NEVERgiveUPAxA
~More The Merrier~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColorCute View Post
I'm thinking of upgrading the board in my DM7. It has a stock board right now. Will I see a significant performance increase if I upgrade to a Virtue board (the standard Ultra Lite Virtue, not the OLED). I generally shoot semi -- will I see a good performance increase in semi-auto mode if I upgrade from a stock board? Also, is the Virtue easier to set? The stock board is super annoying to adjust -- is the Virtue easier to adjust? For those of you who have a Virtue in your DM7 (or any DM for that matter), do you like it?

This is the board --

http://www.actionvillage.com/011-277-0033

Any input will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Virtue in your gun will allow you to reach Lightning speeds in Semi-Auto. The board makes your fingers pull at rates 10x faster than stock. The virtue will come with new adjustable settings as opposed to the stock, but they are programmed very similarly.

You should only get the board if you play semi-auto because that's the only mode it boosts your finger pulling speed by 10x. If you are just looking for other modes beside nxl, psp, and semi virtue just doesn't cut it so the stock board might be the way to go.
NEVERgiveUPAxA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:31 PM #3
bunkerking1994
SO LONG GAY BOYZ!!!

bunkerking1994 donated to help Peyton Trent
bunkerking1994 supports our troops
bunkerking1994 supports Pev's Paintball
If your shooting semi I wouldnt buy an aftermarket board unless you really feel the need to. The virtue has the LED flashes like the UL board but of course Virtue has every mode and option possible. Not a bad buy, the OLED is the best board, has a huge screen and very easy to use. Both boards are great, but semi is mostly the same. Its a little better with the virtue but not noticable.
bunkerking1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:08 AM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
As stated above, by allowing you to adjust the debounce and anti-mechanical independently, you can set your trigger to be right on the verge of bouncing, without actually getting to the stage that it is obviously, and illegally, bouncing. That may give you a slight rate of fire advantage in semi auto.

In all honesty though, if you had absolutely zero bounce with both boards, then there really shouldn't be any difference. If one trigger pull = one shot fired, then as long as neither board is adding shots due to bounce, or taking shots away due to excessive filtering, then both boards should allow the marker to fire as fast as you are pulling the trigger. If that isn't the case, then it isn't really true semi auto, and there is something wrong with the settings.

The Virtue board is a good board, and there are a number of reasons that you might want to buy one, but there is no way that a board can actually make you pull the trigger faster than you do already, and if the trigger isn't bouncing - or the debounce/anti mechanical bounce filtering out some genuine trigger pulls - then the rate that you are pulling the trigger should be the only thing effecting your rate of fire.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote