Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-30-2009, 06:54 PM #1
pbstud08

Official I hate Andry Reid Group

If you're an Eagles fan and hate andy reid, or any other fan and realize how bad of a coach he is...discuss here.

Also, ignore the typo in the thread name
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 PM #2
RamapoLax
Batmanchu!

Necessary thread is necessary.

"Happiness never decreases from being shared."
RamapoLax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 PM #3
Clint Eastwood (Banned)

I know of no Andry Reid.
Clint Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:56 PM #4
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

He's a good coach for about 55 minutes.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:57 PM #5
pbstud08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
He's a good coach for about 55 minutes.
he'sa good coach if you don't take into account clock management, play calling, and "getting his players in a better position to win games"
Old 11-30-2009, 07:06 PM #6
Spartan58 (Banned)

I like him as a coach.
Spartan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:21 PM #7
pbstud08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan58 View Post
I like him as a coach.
What could you possibly like about him as a coach?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:21 PM #8
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

He's a Cowboys fan.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:22 PM #9
pbstud08

That explains it. I'll just say 44-6 and be done with that
Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM #10
Spartan58 (Banned)

You hang onto that win. Ill hang onto this seasons win.
Spartan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM #11
pbstud08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan58 View Post
You hang onto that win. Ill hang onto this seasons win.
That's fine, it's almost december.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:51 PM #12
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstud08 View Post
What could you possibly like about him as a coach?
Maybe his W-L record...the fact hes brought his team to 5 NFCCG's.....a superbowl.....etc...etc...etc.....I mean, hes gotta be the winingest coach in Pro Bowl history right?

But seriously, the guys a great coach, I dont remember any game with the exception of the Superbowl that he was out coached in in the postseason. I cant say its Reids fault they dont have 3 or 4 Superbowls at this point, when they lost the NFCCGs they lost to better teams, flat out.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:46 PM #13
pbstud08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Maybe his W-L record...the fact hes brought his team to 5 NFCCG's.....a superbowl.....etc...etc...etc.....I mean, hes gotta be the winingest coach in Pro Bowl history right?

But seriously, the guys a great coach, I dont remember any game with the exception of the Superbowl that he was out coached in in the postseason. I cant say its Reids fault they dont have 3 or 4 Superbowls at this point, when they lost the NFCCGs they lost to better teams, flat out.
Don't take this personally, but look deeper into the stats. Yes, he is the winningest coach in eagles history. Yes, he brought them to 5 NFCCG's. His record in those games is 1-4. His record in superbowls is 0-1.

Nobody can deny that he is horrible at clock management, at calling balanced plays, and making in game coaching adjustments. If you disagree with any of the above, you do not watch games. An example of his play calling was at oakland where he called 54 passes and 12 runs. You do not win in the national football league with that ratio. Ever.

He formulates good game plans, but is one of the worst gameday coaches in the game. Again, if you disagree you don't watch the games.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM #14
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Don't take this personally, but look deeper into the stats. Yes, he is the winningest coach in eagles history. Yes, he brought them to 5 NFCCG's. His record in those games is 1-4. His record in superbowls is 0-1.

Nobody can deny that he is horrible at clock management, at calling balanced plays, and making in game coaching adjustments. If you disagree with any of the above, you do not watch games. An example of his play calling was at oakland where he called 54 passes and 12 runs. You do not win in the national football league with that ratio. Ever.

He formulates good game plans, but is one of the worst gameday coaches in the game. Again, if you disagree you don't watch the games.
He did look into the stats. He also said that they played flat out better teams (they did).

The Pats in 2007 ran the ball pretty much never. They did alright.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM #15
pbstud08

That falls under the andy reid game plan/in game adjustment category. The patriots have one of if not the best quarterbacks in the game, so they can do that and succeed. Oh yeah they also had Moss Welker and Stallworth. The Eagles have an above average quarterback who can be very inaccurate, with up until this year a very mediocre group of receivers. When you have a qb who throws at peoples feet and behind them and is terrible on his off days, you cant call 55 pass plays in a game. The Mcnabb Reid combo proves this point every season once or twice. We are 0-3 this season when we have that kind of poor balance.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 PM #16
Fat_Joe
$OG$

171-104

Sounds like its working to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:54 PM #17
penningtonpaintball
Girouxsalem

Although I usually agree, AR has actually been very good these last couple of games. I think he finally realized the importance of a run game, we've actually been really balanced these last couple of weeks. in the cowboys game we had a great game plan, the cowboys were just the better team that day. for the amount of injuries we have right now, were doin ight

celek-torn ligaments in his hand
Djax-concussion
westy-concussion
herremans-sprained shoulder
bunkley-sprained ankle
sheldon-partially torn hammy
asante-stinger
Akeem jordan-knee
kevin curtis-PUP
Joselio Hanson-suspended 4 games
Ellis Hobbs-IR
Stew-IR
Gaither-IR
Ingram-IR
Shawn Andrews-IR
McNabb(lets not forget he missed 3 games)

12 outta those 17 are starters

everyones got injuries I understand that, but there are some very important players on that list.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 PM #18
pbstud08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
171-104

Sounds like its working to me.
This shows your ignorance. First off, his record with the eagles not counting this season is 97-64-1. That is an average of 9 wins per season. If he went 9-7 every year would you call him successful? I would hope not. Second, success is measured in playoff success, which reid has not had. Ok, he can win in the first and second rounds. Who cares. His record is 1-5 in NFCCG and superbowls in his tenure. That is awful.

What you don't understand is that there isn't a debate about his coaching status. Him being a bad coach isn't just my opinion, it is the opinion of most experts that know football. On top of that, it is backed up by the facts. His horrible clock management is fact. His often lopsided play calling is fact. And his inability to make in game adjustments is fact. If you honestly think he's a good coach you are such a minority it's amusing.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 PM #19
pbstud08

Pennington: I agree, he has been better the past few weeks. But it's the same pattern we always see. They have a game where they lose to an awful team and he evens out the play calling. Then they win a few games, then he goes back to his old ways of 65-35 pass run. Then we lose.....you get the point. It's been like that for years and years, and I can't wait for him to leave.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 PM #20
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
This shows your ignorance. First off, his record with the eagles not counting this season is 97-64-1. That is an average of 9 wins per season. If he went 9-7 every year would you call him successful? I would hope not. Second, success is measured in playoff success, which reid has not had. Ok, he can win in the first and second rounds. Who cares. His record is 1-5 in NFCCG and superbowls in his tenure. That is awful.

Your right, I looked at the wrong columns. He's currently sitting at 104-66. Pretty ****in good if you ask me. I dont know what your problem with Reid is, his clock management leaves a bit to be desired but I think you are WAY off base with the entire premise of this thread.

Quote:
What you don't understand is that there isn't a debate about his coaching status. Him being a bad coach isn't just my opinion, it is the opinion of most experts that know football. On top of that, it is backed up by the facts. His horrible clock management is fact. His often lopsided play calling is fact. And his inability to make in game adjustments is fact. If you honestly think he's a good coach you are such a minority it's amusing.

What experts? Because I havent heard any of them say that. He's won double digit games every year with the exception of 4 years, I can understand the frustration but if you get rid of Reid you really put a team that has the ability to get to a superbowl on the line. Be VERY careful what you wish for, the grass is not always greener.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:51 PM #21
pbstud08

Do you watch Eagles games? Have you been a fan of the team for the past 10 years? If you answered yes to both of these questions I don't see how you can possibly think he's a good coach.

An average of 9-7 every season is NOT "pretty ****in good". Look at his record in big games, 1-5. It is common knowledge that he is a poor coach, not just a few peoples opinion.
Mike Wilbon summed it up best when he said something along the lines of, the eagles continue to fail in the redzone because andy reid refuses to have a power running game.

We were one of the worst teams in the redzone last year because of his refusal to run the ball in short yardage situations. If you can't agree with these fact, and experts that call him a mediocre coach at best, theres nothing more i can say to you.