PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 01:47 AM #2101
04prostock
We Was Robbed!!!!

has been a member for 10 years
Anyone think it's interesting how one of the greatest college football players of all time will likely amount to nothing in the pro game?
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 AM #2102
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nips80 View Post
I'm not sure about Bama's chances anymore.
Because of the Iron Bowl? The things that stand out about the Iron Bowl is that 1.) the games are almost always close and 2.) the better team almost always wins. That aren't many upsets and there aren't many blowouts. Even in 2004 when Auburn was undefeated and Alabama limped in, decimated by injuries to its starting QB and first and second string RB's, Auburn only won 21-13.

Alabama answered some questions in that game - can they win without Ingram? Can McElroy win a game on his own? Can Alabama come from behind?

UA answered all three, at least against Auburn.

Despite everything going wrong and Auburn jumping off to a 14-0 start in the first quarter, Alabama settled and outscored AU 26-7 for the rest of the game.

Even when everything was going Auburn's way and Jordan-Hare was exploding, Alabama never panicked. Not the coaches. Not the players. Not McElroy.

That final drive - as Saban pointed out - was executed to perfection and Saban said it was the best he'd ever been associated with.

Basically, Alabama played poorly but took Auburn's best shot and still came out with a win, despite the fact that AU led until the final minute and a half. That says a lot about the character of the team.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:50 AM #2103
Nips80

I feel like it was a positive game for both programs, in different ways. Auburn really had nothing to lose, but gained a lot by having a good showing.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:56 AM #2104
paintballerguy13
Takin' care of bidness.

paintballerguy13 is a Supporting Member
paintballerguy13 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballerguy13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballerguy13 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nips80 View Post
Oh yeah I caught a show the other day, you guys might like it. It's called The League and is all about these guys who play in a fantasy league and it's runs their lives basically. Comes on FX after Sunny in Philadelphia. Funny show.
I ****ing love that show.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:59 AM #2105
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Auburn had an excellent gameplan - open up the bag of the tricks, take a lead early and get the fans involved, take Ingram out of the game, and pressure McElroy.

They accomplished every single one of those except for this one:

Make McElroy beat you.

And he did. McElroy did what JPW never could: win a game with his arm. That's pretty encouraging, from an Alabama perspective.

But again, Auburn played well. They had a great gameplan and executed it well, McElroy just really elevated his play in the fourth quarter and never got rattled. Alabama has just been a dominant fourth quarter team in 2009.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:03 AM #2106
Nips80

Jordan-Hare was something else yesterday, easily the loudest game I've been to. Bulk of the Auburn fans stayed till the team went to the locker room, it was a good showing.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:04 AM #2107
Nips80

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballerguy13 View Post
I ****ing love that show.
I'm about to watch an episode now.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:05 AM #2108
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
The thing is, Florida's defense is a hell of a lot better than Auburn's. Thats the same defense that our horrible offense torched. If Florida makes Mcelroy beat them I don't see it happening. Ingram and Richardson are Bama's only hope imo.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 AM #2109
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3265855
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread