PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2009, 03:09 AM #1
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Virtue PSP Mode Problem

Well idk if its just my virtue chip or virtue programming for any board/chip but I have a lucky board with a virtue chip in my alias intimidator and lately I have been using the lowest bps setting which is 10.5 it only spits out 2 shots each burst when PSP kicks in. Every value up to and including 4 which is 12bps exactly only fires 2rd bursts when psp kicks in. Anything value 5 and over which is 12.5 then fires 3rd bursts so Im wondering if maybe its normal with virtue or is it maybe the lucky board intervening.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2009, 03:15 AM #2
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Ugh, I just realized that older virtue doesnt support 3shot psp ramp. I read the online manual and also went through diff rates of fire and it seems it ramps for a certain amount of time instead of a number of shots. Unlimited rof on psp mode is shooting like 5rd bursts and the lowest shoots 2rd bursts so now Im assuming Ill have to buy a diff dm chip for this board, but what other older dm chip support true 3 shot psp ramp?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:08 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Actually, this isn't too uncommon - there are quite a number of boards who's burst shot count drops as the rate of fire drops. Quite simply, when you have a ramp activation rate of five pulls per second, and a rate of fire of basically 10bps, it makes the programming much simpler if you just programme the board to give 2 shot bursts - there's no way that the board is going to go over the set rate of fire. Admittedly, that does mean that you get short changed on a single trigger pull.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 AM #4
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Well I went over to the dye forum and checked out chips made for pre dm6 markers and the only one that said it supports psp 3shot ramp was the nox. Where the heck do I find those? I really dont want to have to buy a new board but I dont want to settle for 2rd bursts.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:49 PM #5
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
www.buynox.com

The thing with the Nox chip is that when it was released, the PSP rate of fire was still 15.4bps. Like older Tadao boards, the minimum achievable rate was 14bps. At 15.4bps, the Nox chip does indeed shoot three round bursts, but at 10bps, that may no longer be the case. Unfortunately, I cannot check that for you, as both my DM5 Nox chip and my Nox Shocker board are both out of date, and still only adjust down to 14bps. Being in the UK, I've not sent them in to be updated.

A newly bought Nox chip, or one that has been updated, will adjust down to 10bps, but whether that then limits you to two shot bursts, I cannot say.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote