PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 AM #1
D.J.

has been a member for 10 years
Red River Outdoors

Well, seems like noone on here knows much about it, so I'll try to fill everyone in.

www.redriveroutdoors.com

I decided to give the field a try last Saturday. It is located in Slade KY.

First up, the positives:
Actually had a safety talk. I've been to alot of different fields over the past 14 years and besides tournament, I believe this was the first.
Nice people. I've been to some fields where only the regulars are treated nice.
3 different fields to play on.
An airball field. Who doesn't love airball
A field called concrete jungle. Didn't actually play this one but it look pretty fun. It has block wall, conoes cut in half and a hut.
And last up was a field called Hillbilly Town. Pretty fun. It had several building on it including a Bank, Jail, and a Salon just to name a few.
Actually had a ref to start and stop games. Now how many fields have you been to where that didn't happen, or worse......the players had to ref between their own games Yup thought so.
Rentals were 98's, paint prices where about average. Field fees average also.
30+ players. Mostly young kids. But hey thats cool. We all are getting older, can't play forever, and paintball will be there when we are gone. Right?

Negitives:
Airball looked like it was throwed up at random.
Hillbilly Town is located on a huge hill, thats seems to take forever to walk up. A skylift would be nice here......just kidding
Um, one ref on the field....can't complain much there. I've seen alot worse as stated above.
Didn't see a Proshop. Gotta have a proshop, so we all can buy the worthless do-hickies that the inturdnets guru's say will make us play AGG.
30+ players. Mostly young kids. Not a problem for the owners and nothing against kids, but if you are a top notch tourney player.....well give these kids a couple season. Maybe the next Ollie Lang will come out of them.
And my biggest complaint.........NO COMPRESSED AIR The owner did say it was something they was going to try and get in the near future.

All in all, I would have to give this field a rating of 8/10
With the addition of a compressor and and decent proshop, this could easily be one of the top fields in the area.

Old pbn feedback
For Sale
LE DM7
Barrel kit
Tanks
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 AM #2
ChrisLaw
infamous?

ChrisLaw plays in the APPA D5 division
I drove by that on my way out to hike at the gorge and immediately looked it up when I got back home. I was sort of confused that they are listed on the Nation as not having HPA... How can you not have HPA and have an airball field?

Interesting to see that confirmed.
ChrisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 AM #3
D.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLaw View Post
I drove by that on my way out to hike at the gorge and immediately looked it up when I got back home. I was sort of confused that they are listed on the Nation as not having HPA... How can you not have HPA and have an airball field?

Interesting to see that confirmed.
well it's confirmed. They have an airball field, but no compressed air. Hopefully they get it soon, because it is a nice field and pretty damn fun to play at.

Old pbn feedback
For Sale
LE DM7
Barrel kit
Tanks
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 AM #4
Sigma Sparda

Sigma Sparda owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It's not a bad field at all. I've taken to going there in between local woodsball games in Morehead, Ky. I'm working on getting a scuba tank to bring with me for fills as there are a few regulars who end up renting once they run out of HPA. For a CO2 based field though, they do extremely well. Plus, the regulars have extremely good attitudes. Not the normal "I'mma be a badass" that usually comes with people under the age of 25.
Sigma Sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups