PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-10-2004, 09:23 AM #43
goodhead203
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
machu i owned 02 accord, 96 civic, 97 civic, and got to say i use to think honda was the **** too till i got my first maxima 94 manual, feel in love with their engine design and pick up of the car, do i agree w/ you on that part honda vtec is nice but does lake the acc feel the second i ground that gas pedal, and btw 350z tuned right are unstopable nismo dropped their unbeatable championship skyline series for the new Zs and it took jgtc 1rst year running....

hondas? check their position nsx cant even keep up
Old 07-10-2004, 11:11 AM #44
$horT_$trokE
Resident Elbow Dragger

$horT_$trokE is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by MaChu
Umm first off I was referring to the majority of Honda's cars which all little ricers rave about: Civics, Accords and their Acura counterparts. Yes I know that the NSX is a mid engine V6 RWD car, as is the L4 S2000, but still I don't believe why people buy Hondas in the first place. I shoulda said the MAJORITY of Honda's crap is high reving, no torque junk, which to an extent it is on the S2000. You have to play around with the 6500-9000 rpm range to feel the cars power. This requires frequent down shifting which in a short time will destroy a transmission. Im sorry but I like having low end torque which no Honda ever has had. Sure you can say I have 200+hp, but if you really want to know about what a car is capable you gotta stop flashing your HP curve and look more at your torque curve because thats what really is going to make your wheels turn. Your torque on your 200hp engine will be around 150 lb/ft. If I want something to rev, Ill go with a wankel which at least has a fun factor in their operation.

Also, Honda offers a S2000 for around...what 30 grand? I can think of a ton of cars that are tons better than S2000 for less or a little more. Import side you got used amazing Supra TTs, 300ZX TTs, and RX7 TTs or a brand new RX8, WRX, 350Z, base G35 or EVO which will out perform a S2000. You could build so much with 30 grand. Maybe a 240sx with a RB engine? Does a MR2 with a V6 tickle your senses? Rotary Miata? Point: Hondas are overpriced for the power. To be fair with 30 grand on the Honda side, you could spend 5,000 on a good body and 25,000 on the engine. Don't know much except basic turbo engines in other cars but lets say bore over a CRV 2.4L block over? Throw on a RSX head with custom crank, pistons, valves, turbo, intercooler...oh wait...FWD. Try transfering that power to the wheels without having to deal with torque steer and traction problems. There is the LSD, but for the most part a RWD or AWD setup is better at handling power.
The s2000 is an amazing chassis design. It will outcorner pretty much everything youve mentioned, possibly even a stock rx-7. I didnt read this in some magazine or on a stat sheet. I am going by what ive seen each weekend. Ive seen plenty of WRX's and ill have to say im not impressed even by the extensively modified examples. perhaps theyve all just had bad drivers, but they seem to be way off the pace of some of the "slower" cars ive seen. Not to mention, the s2000 isnt as common and it looks much better than a wrx.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:29 AM #45
Not a former member
Needs a team

1.) Impreza WRX STI(WRC if they were legal in the states)
2.) Nissan Skyline(if they were in america)
3.) Nissan 350 Z
4.) Toyota Supra
5.) Honda Civics... especially ones riding on spares that one was a joke dont take me serious on that one

Last edited by Not a former member : 07-13-2004 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:30 AM #46
MaChu

I have no doubt that the S2000 has a superb suspension and chasis. Thats one thing Honda acutally does right. They have always made great suspensions on their cars, heck that was one of their selling points on the Intergras which no one would believe would fly on a luxury economy based car. "Same double wishbone suspension design found on the NSX." It did, but still the lack of stock engine power still doesn't make me a Honda believer.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:41 PM #47
alecr45
UNC-W

1. 300ZX TT (I have the NA, just no TT )
2. 3rd Generation RX-7
3. Toyota Supra
4. 350Z
5. Skyline
(In no particular Order)
Nissan 240SX
Mit Lancer Evo
Mit Eclipse
Mit 3000GT
WRX
WCK 4 Life

Congratulations to Baltimore Trauma for winning the NXL!
Old 07-10-2004, 04:42 PM #48
pntbllrmrc

Quote:
Originally posted by MaChu
I have no doubt that the S2000 has a superb suspension and chasis. Thats one thing Honda acutally does right. They have always made great suspensions on their cars, heck that was one of their selling points on the Intergras which no one would believe would fly on a luxury economy based car. "Same double wishbone suspension design found on the NSX." It did, but still the lack of stock engine power still doesn't make me a Honda believer.
Honda didnt build there cars to go in a srtaight line.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:59 PM #49
Gotenks
Banned

1. Honda NSX
2. Honda s2000
3. Mazda RX7 FD
4. Honda Integra
5. Mitsu EVO
Old 07-10-2004, 05:15 PM #50
Mugatu__
he's so hot right now

1. civic
2. accord
3. civic hatchback
4. 4 door civic
5. eclipse

^^^this would be the top 5 tuners in our town, yippee! people in our town put so much money in p.o.s. cars like hondas its not even funny. CIVICS SUCK. no question about it. anybody that thinks civics are cool are gay.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:23 PM #51
Gotenks
Banned

I like Civic's.

What are you implying?

Grow up you 10 year old
Old 07-10-2004, 07:42 PM #52
kameleon
street by street

Quote:
Originally posted by Mugatu__

CIVICS SUCK..
Quote:
Originally posted by Gotenks

What are you implying?
It looks pretty clear to me.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:09 PM #53
Se7en11
Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by Mugatu__
1. civic
2. accord
3. civic hatchback
4. 4 door civic
5. eclipse

^^^this would be the top 5 tuners in our town, yippee! people in our town put so much money in p.o.s. cars like hondas its not even funny. CIVICS SUCK. no question about it. anybody that thinks civics are cool are gay.
lmao, prove to me a honda is a "p.o.s. car."

I had an older accord, that car went 300,000 miles ON THE STOCK CLUTCH eithout it giving out, and it NEVER gave me ONE problem. EVER. I had to replace the CV joints once, but that's expected.

What are you, 14? What the hell do you know about cars?

I have more respect for someone that takes a civic and mods it themselves, and makes it wuick, than someone who buys a car that is already fast, or gets their **** done for them.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:51 PM #54
Not a former member
Needs a team

hondas are good cars because they last forever

but they suck at racing
Old 07-10-2004, 10:07 PM #55
Gotenks
Banned

Haha... how childish you guys are.

Maybe you should look up some touring racing history of civics.... just don't hang yourselves after you find out they win races all the time.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:08 PM #56
Gotenks
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kameleon
It looks pretty clear to me.
The only thing that's clear is the cavity in your skull.

Old 07-11-2004, 12:21 AM #57
johnny_g_1405

1. NSX Type-S Zero
2. NSX Type-R (1992)
3. 240z
4. Integra Type R
5. r34
Old 07-11-2004, 12:53 AM #58
ASSALBERT
A7X

1. EVO VIII!!! (screw the STi)
2. S2k
3. 240sx, s15... (sr20 of course)
4. rx7 (not a fan of rotary engines, but still nice cars)
5. nsx
6. supras ( 2jz engine)
7. any gtr skyline
8. gsr or type r integras (vtec!)
9. 350z/g35 coupe (with the new greddy TT kits, those things are fast!)
10. altezzas
Old 07-11-2004, 01:21 AM #59
kameleon
street by street

Quote:
Originally posted by Gotenks
The only thing that's clear is the cavity in your skull.

Good one. [/sarcasm]
Old 07-11-2004, 01:22 AM #60
$horT_$trokE
Resident Elbow Dragger

$horT_$trokE is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by Not a former member
hondas are good cars because they last forever

but they suck at racing
Even though honda has countless car and motorcycle championships, more than any other japanese company?
Old 07-11-2004, 02:57 AM #61
Rogue-Assassin
Un-emo Elmo

i <3 my 240

Originally posted by $horT_$trokE
If Jesus was born in 2005, his name would have been Google.

Quote from Vincent in Gattaca
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:59 AM #62
F1VENOM

1.Matchless Crowd Racing Skyline R34 GT-R Spec V Series II
2.Vishnu FQ-330
3.Veilside MkIV Supra
4.1991 Mazda 787B
5.Datsun 510 with complete RB26DET swap complete with ATTESA if money weren't a problem
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 07-11-2004, 11:49 AM #63
MaChu

Touring race history of civics? Mind if you give me a history? Is this SCCA? Which class or classes? Solo II? Street prepped? Stock? Even then, who cares? Each class has its own rules and most of the time it doesn't depend on the car because each car has its own downfalls and upsides but its mostly even, its mostly driving skills. Sure the car has a part of it, mostly reliability, how well the driver and team has built it, but you can build ANY car to the classes specs and win with a good driver.

Lets go over Hondas racing history. The only reason Honda has "countless car and motorcycle championships than any other japanese company" is mostly because of their motorcycles. If you break down their wins further and compare them to other Japanese companys in their respective classes, Honda does great in motorcycles, no doubt. But in cars...thats a different story. F1? For the most part, I believe Hondas partners in the F1 construction of the cars made them win, companys like Williams, Mclaren, etc and their drivers. And also Toyota has more F1 wins than Honda I believe.
In classes where the NSX competes...Toyota and Nissan own Honda everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
Also where alot of Japanese companys compete, world rallies, Honda hasn't. Why? They have yet made a good AWD system for their cars.