Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM #1
VcityBaller_Impy (Banned)

VcityBaller_Impy is playing at Living Legends V
VcityBaller_Impy is for the Gunfight
VcityBaller_Impy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
VcityBaller_Impy supports Pev's Paintball
VcityBaller_Impy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Jrotc

What do you guys think of it, being enlisted men/NCOs/officers? I quite frankly (as a junior in high school) think it is very ghey, in the sense of the fact that these kids prance around and act like (and think, for quite a few of them) that theyre actual soldiers/GIs when honestly, it doesnt look like it teaches much at all, other than military history (which there is already a class of) and very basic military things like uniform. Do you guys actually take these kids srsly?
VcityBaller_Impy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 PM #2
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
some one posted photos from their JROTC unit and I had to close the window from all the jacked up people wearing the USMC Chucks.

JROTC is a joke always has and always will. I no **** had a kid who was a "Ssgt" in his JROTC class tell me he out ranked me since he would be "like a cpl" in the real Marines. I told him to eat a dick, since it was 3 days after I got home from Iraq. The Ssgt in charge of him took all his rank away right there. It was pretty funny.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:43 PM #3
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
jrotc and rotc are both jokes, but it's about how much you're willing to learn.

the instructors are typically retired senior NCOs/officers (and hopefully not pogies) so the opportunity for learning is definitely there.

but the fact of the matter is that they're not ****.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 PM #4
bragglefraggle
i think i play paintball

bragglefraggle helped look for balloons
bragglefraggle is playing at Living Legends III
bragglefraggle supports Team VICIOUS
bragglefraggle is for the Gunfight
i am in it i dont think that im a real soldier and we never once had a class about military history i think you are misinformed
bragglefraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 PM #5
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragglefraggle View Post
i am in it i dont think that im a real soldier and we never once had a class about military history i think you are misinformed

Open and shut case, Johnson.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:56 PM #6
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

JROTC is jacked up, straight and simple. We get more kids coming into my NROTC unit at college from JROTC who have no ****ing clue what they're doing than kids coming without any ROTC or military background. In most cases, the **** they teach is *** backwards and it's harder for them to learn the right way to do things. It's a waste of time.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:11 PM #7
Big Johnny D (Banned)

I room with a guy in AIT who brags about his JROTC and he is the most ate up piece of **** ever, is not a team player, never showers or does laundry but once a week. Smells bad, and is the powder monkey on his section because he is to ****ing ate up to do any other job here.

I rubbed my balls on his pillow tonight while he was at chow >:o)
Big Johnny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:45 PM #8
bnctaj

Biggest thing I've seen in my ROTC experience and my experience at a state-supported military college is how NOT to lead and how to not effectively communicate with your men (and women). Other than that, this whole shindig is horse**** on the real military, as in it does not truly prepare people for **** and it does not mean anything.
Dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui meurent pleins de bière et de drames aux premières lueurs. Mais dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui naissent dans la chaleur épaisse des langueurs océanes
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 AM #9
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bragglefraggle View Post
I had one.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:10 PM #10
shckrdude27
Meh

I'm in ROTC at Auburn and I must say all the pre jrotc cadets are dicks who they think they're all highspeed. They have a little experience marching but other then that they are wastes of scholarships. They can't comprehend how to react to fire or any of that ****
shckrdude27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:28 PM #11
mikesullivan21490

Annual Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 is a Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 supports our troops
mikesullivan21490 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I used to be in JROTC before i joined. Aside from all the high school BS and whatnot the school acutally gave me some great knowledge about the military that i still use today. Our JROTC was different though, it wasnt an elective, most JROTCS are 30-45min classes and ours was half the day. The other half we spent in the other classes (math, science, etc..). The class was more based on careers. We had 2 F-15 and 1 F-16 engine to use boroscopes and take apart for engine familiarization. A few hydrolics courses and neumatics.

All in all ROTC isnt about the people in it, its about what you learn from it
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM #12
ChrisLaw
infamous?

ChrisLaw plays in the APPA beginner division
I was in MCJROTC so I could be on the rifle team. We went all the way to JROTC nationals and won it my Senior year. (2004 Shelby County Rifle if you made it there as well) I had a lot of fun and made some really good friends but I never took the ranking structure seriously at all. I finally made it to "Cadet Corporal" in my Senior year when everyone else in my class was cadet officers.

I'll tell you one thing it was really good for. When I actually went into the military it let me start out with two stripes on my shoulder which was nice.
ChrisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:43 PM #13
mikesullivan21490

Annual Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 is a Supporting Member
mikesullivan21490 supports our troops
mikesullivan21490 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLaw View Post
I'll tell you one thing it was really good for. When I actually went into the military it let me start out with two stripes on my shoulder which was nice.
i was only in rotc for junior and senior years but since we were in it for half a day the ammount of time in the class = 4 years of rotc. so E3 when you enter is well worth it
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 PM #14
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
by 2 stripes I'm sure you mean PFC 1 for each side? The most I've seen some one in the Marine start out as is a PFC. That is what I started in but for a different reason. My school or any one near mine really offer any kind of ROTC.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:27 PM #15
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavillain View Post
by 2 stripes I'm sure you mean PFC 1 for each side? The most I've seen some one in the Marine start out as is a PFC. That is what I started in but for a different reason. My school or any one near mine really offer any kind of ROTC.
What he said. No way Jrotc or whatever the hell you were on makes you an NCO in the Corps right off the bat.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 PM #16
ChrisLaw
infamous?

ChrisLaw plays in the APPA beginner division
I guess I should have clarified. I went Air Force so E3 = two stripes (Airman First Class)
ChrisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:24 PM #17
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shckrdude27 View Post
I'm in ROTC at Auburn and I must say all the pre jrotc cadets are dicks who they think they're all highspeed. They have a little experience marching but other then that they are wastes of scholarships. They can't comprehend how to react to fire or any of that ****
What do you expect? They are high schoolers. Not only do they not have the time or funding to do STX lanes, they probably don't have the authorization from Big Army either.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM #18
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLaw View Post
I guess I should have clarified. I went Air Force so E3 = two stripes (Airman First Class)

No I'm an idiot too. I definetly just acted like an E-3 was a Corporal. This Guy= Retard. Seeing as I am an E-3.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:26 PM #19
bragglefraggle
i think i play paintball

bragglefraggle helped look for balloons
bragglefraggle is playing at Living Legends III
bragglefraggle supports Team VICIOUS
bragglefraggle is for the Gunfight
i just do it because its an easy A and the first sergeant is pretty cool
bragglefraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:14 PM #20
shckrdude27
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by solrflare View Post
What do you expect? They are high schoolers. Not only do they not have the time or funding to do STX lanes, they probably don't have the authorization from Big Army either.
True, it's just the fact that they act like know it alls when in fact they're on the same level as us. I'm on Ranger challenge and I have jrotc kids saying they worked harder with their "raiders" or whatever the hell they do (which is bull****). Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash all jrotc participants... Just the ones who think they're hot **** for it. Besides the cadre can tell when someone's just trying to look good to better themselves while hanging their fellow cadets out to dry
shckrdude27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 PM #21
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
ROTC ain't much better, dude.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote