PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 PM #22
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D4 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
for diving I would use an old marker to be safe that way you dont damage your main marker on accident.
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2009, 02:35 PM #23
caver19

caver19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caver19 supports Team VICIOUS
caver19 supports Pev's Paintball
thanks to all....should be very helpful

*North Mountain Paintball*

I live life at 280 feet per second..
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly yelling “Holy Sh*t Whatta Ride!!"
caver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:34 PM #24
BobbyACK

Okay when diving , remember you have pads on. Use them. There not there for protection, you have pads for sliding. Off the break lets say the snake is on right tape. your gonna keep your gun in your right hand, this way on the way in your gun is beside you, not on the other side where it will get shot, you can get bounces off the break on you, not off your gun though, you will also slide in with your gun already to shoot the tape. Get low as your about to dive then go arms first, your main sliding point is your elbows/forearms. Your gonna wanna slide with your *** up a little bit. Not shoving it in there air but just a few inches between your package and the ground so that you don't hit your nuts on the way in, I did this once doing drills and it messed me up for a while I was in the doctors office. Then your knees are gonna go next using your pads for the slide. Using your pads effectively will give you a faster more efficient slide than a slow or even some people are fast about it, but are incredibly sloppy getting into the snake. Always keeps your palms facing up and your can let your tank drag, it will be fine , thats another thing tank covers help with. Hope I helped =]
BobbyACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 PM #25
AggBaller77

AggBaller77 helped look for balloons
Heres two drills that I am a big fan of:

1. This is designed to help your team out with breakshooting. You want to have two people on each side of the field. One player will run to the corner and the other will remain in the back center. The player in the back center will shoot at the runner, and the runner will shoot back at the back center while running. If you get hit just keep going, communicate with the other players afterwards and let them know how well they were shooting and how they need to adjust if necessary. This will really help out back players that need improvement shooting lanes off the break, and the running and shooting is always a good thing to practice. You can form lines of multiple people and have people move down the line after each round so everybody gets a chance to do both roles.

2. This drill requires 3 people on each side. Pick a 50 bunker that is near the sideline. Whichever side of the field that bunker is on is the only side allowed to be played. Have the players break out from the start box as usual, and the drill ends when either a player makes it into the bunker alive or the opposing team has been completely eliminated. This drill can help teams practice being aggressive, and it also will improve your ability to adjust to the other team. For example if you are being shot out by making big moves, ease up and see if a more controlled gameplan works out. This will really help with teamwork and you can teach the different members of your team what their roles need to be in a certain situation.
"Originally posted by keith09: i didnt do it so i have to get in trouble.y wud i sell a ego for 300 n e way those things are like 700 dollars n i meant 3oo oclock bc i was buying one from this dude n i was going to sell it on here.yall keep harassing me n i will tell the cops my sef bc i didnt do nutin wrong"
AggBaller77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 AM #26
M.T.F
WOOHA!!

This drill is not specificly intended for anyone position but it helps on comunication and team work, aswell as knowing when to move.

its what we call the CONE DRILL we set up a cone at one end of the field and one player behind a bunker usually home and he has to protect the cone from us. We dont have our guns and we have to start at the other end and work our way down to grab the cone. It helped us a LOT.

note: you could also have the others slap the bunker your gunner is behind. the idea is to work together as a team to get to the otherside safely
M.T.F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM #27
jwied
SAY WHAT!?!

this is something i just thought up of while i was at the field.
-everyone loves to save paint right?
so why not do drills that will give you some skill but not drain your hopper.
things like aggression drill (you can only shoot one ball while in your bunker. after you shoot you can head check but you cannot shoot. you must move to another bunker inorder to beable to shoot again. the point is to not be so planted in your bunker.
- another drill that most pray never happen is the empty hopper drill. you and a buddy start with an empty hopper or a low amount of balls. the game isnt over when your out of paint. it sounds like a nightmare but if you dont get the other person out before your hopper is empty you have to search for paint on the ground.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:20 PM #28
caver19

caver19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caver19 supports Team VICIOUS
caver19 supports Pev's Paintball
really like these ^^^
Thanks

*North Mountain Paintball*

I live life at 280 feet per second..
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly yelling “Holy Sh*t Whatta Ride!!"
caver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:03 PM #29
scottaka_rufio

has been a member for 10 years
scottaka_rufio helped look for balloons
idk if this was posted but we used to have 5 players with no guns start on one side and 2 players with guns in the corners of the opposing side.

THe object is to communicate where the players with makers were shooting and to move each other up the field without guns and to ultimiatly touch the bunkers of the shooters.

This drill helps you to be creative with moving, helps you communicate to players on how to move up the field and most of all gives you the confidence to make moves on a player. Touching the bunker of a player with a gun and you not having one is a scary event so this drill definatly helps you.

Another note and this is my opinion. Drills are cool especially when your low on paint or people to practice but theres nothing better than real game experience. With that said always drill like your playing a real game. If your playing a 2 back player on 5 player game shoot a few and play like a real game and dont die.

Remember that you want to win and pracitce it.
scottaka_rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:10 PM #30
JTBaller203
Thug Life

JTBaller203 supports Team VICIOUS
JTBaller203 posts videos on PbNation
JTBaller203 supports Pev's Paintball
JTBaller203 plays in the APPA D4 division
JTBaller203 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
a good drill is to set two players up in mirroring bunkers. let one person start by posting on the other and the 2nd player has to battle his way out for dominance.

another good thing to do are 3 v 2s and 2 v 1s
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM #31
ikill4sp

ikill4sp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikill4sp owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ikill4sp posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggBaller77 View Post
Heres two drills that I am a big fan of:

1. This is designed to help your team out with breakshooting. You want to have two people on each side of the field. One player will run to the corner and the other will remain in the back center. The player in the back center will shoot at the runner, and the runner will shoot back at the back center while running. If you get hit just keep going, communicate with the other players afterwards and let them know how well they were shooting and how they need to adjust if necessary. This will really help out back players that need improvement shooting lanes off the break, and the running and shooting is always a good thing to practice. You can form lines of multiple people and have people move down the line after each round so everybody gets a chance to do both roles.
Really good one ^.

Practice running and gunning.

Diving.

Snapshooting.
ikill4sp is offline   Reply With Quote