PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:33 AM #1
jabrel3

Annual Supporting Member
USPL/NPPL 2010 Miami

Used to go to the Miami event every year. We need one this year, on SOUTH BEACH, that would be sick
Old 11-07-2009, 11:12 AM #2
SkinDeep
World Dominator

has been a member for 10 years
Damnit don't do that!! The title suggested they'd be hosting an '10 game down here. You just made my day suck

but yeah they need one down here, Miami's still a top tourism city in the US so why'd they stop in the first place?

(oh yeah, Jeb Bush is governor...they have an excuse)
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 AM #3
deadlymystery
CFP

deadlymystery plays in the PSP
deadlymystery plays in the APPA D3 division
that would be crazy cool
Old 11-07-2009, 01:20 PM #4
jabrel3

Annual Supporting Member
^^ Glad you guys agree, I used to love the Miami events, I just didn't like the location. The event needs to be on South Beach with some good advertising. It would be SICK!!!!!!

Miami is perfect, sick hotels, beaches, n ladies. They need to host some parties along with the event which the beach is perfect for

Last edited by jabrel3 : 12-01-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:23 PM #5
iRoNiQ

You have to look at the amount of 7 man that is played in the area though. The east coast is pretty much completely XBall with the exception of the Northeast, more specifically New England area. Other than that, not much 7 man is to be had over here. To add to that, the events that drew the most players and participants were the West Coast events. 7 man is on it's last leg in the East.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:02 PM #6
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

BrHero225 plays in the PSP
BrHero225 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
You have to look at the amount of 7 man that is played in the area though. The east coast is pretty much completely XBall with the exception of the Northeast, more specifically New England area. Other than that, not much 7 man is to be had over here.
yeah thats precisely why they need to put one on the east coast... to motivate players over here to participate in 7 man as well
LA Outlaws
Br Heroes

Sly Profit in good condition for sale with 2 lenses
Bring me an I4 or a grill
pm me
Old 11-07-2009, 02:19 PM #7
DPeña10

DPeña10 plays in the PSP
DPeña10 plays in the APPA D2 division
Miami events always had a good turn out, and Tampa was always sold out, dont know why they stopped really.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:27 PM #8
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Maybe X ball is the dominant format because nobody makes the move to have more than one event on this coast otherwise. Why practice for a format you can't play locally? I say Southbeach would be nice. HB to start, SB to end. Vegas and DC in between
Old 11-07-2009, 03:25 PM #9
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrHero225 View Post
yeah thats precisely why they need to put one on the east coast... to motivate players over here to participate in 7 man as well
7 man teams aren't going to magically start appearing if the USPL hosts a Florida event. It starts with local leagues because what 7 man team wants to practice half the year for one tournament, play the tournament, and then be done with it? If there were local 7 man leagues, there would be more 7 man teams for USPL/NPPL. XBall has taken over the right coast.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:33 PM #10
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
You have to look at the amount of 7 man that is played in the area though. The east coast is pretty much completely XBall with the exception of the Northeast, more specifically New England area. Other than that, not much 7 man is to be had over here. To add to that, the events that drew the most players and participants were the West Coast events. 7 man is on it's last leg in the East.
Im pretty sure the only East Coast event was DC Challenge and the amount of 7 man teams for the lower divisions were pretty good.

Excluding HB, and Vegas. And Just looking at DC and West Coast Open.

7-man teams (D1-D3) for DC were 31 compared to West Coast Opens 28..

HB is always going to bring in good numbers because of the location and Vegas was World Championships.

So solely looking at the 2 events that were somewhat nuetral and didn't have historic locations.. the East brought in more 7-man teams.

west coast made up for it with more 5-man teams and pump teams... not with more 7man teams

Last edited by DelawarePBguy : 11-07-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 PM #11
jabrel3

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
Maybe X ball is the dominant format because nobody makes the move to have more than one event on this coast otherwise. Why practice for a format you can't play locally? I say Southbeach would be nice. HB to start, SB to end. Vegas and DC in between

Agreed it would be Sick on South BEACH!! The Miami events used to have good turnouts and the venue was nothing great. If it was on the beach it would be so much better.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:42 PM #12
wallify

Quote:
7 man teams aren't going to magically start appearing if the USPL hosts a Florida event. It starts with local leagues because what 7 man team wants to practice half the year for one tournament, play the tournament, and then be done with it? If there were local 7 man leagues, there would be more 7 man teams for USPL/NPPL. XBall has taken over the right coast.
Why cant it be the other way around? word on the street is thier will be a Chicago event. I would LOVE to get a pump team in it, but would rather not get rolled due to lack of practice on a NPPL field so I am pushing my local field to get one. Once they have it they can hold local events on it as well, maybe with some luck more teams will get in on the 7 man action
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM #13
paintballpunk168
spaceballs the user title

paintballpunk168 plays in the USPL
paintballpunk168 plays in the PSP
paintballpunk168 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballpunk168 is playing at Living Legends III
FOSHO! drop the 2nd cali event and make it down in the southeast. makes it a little more fair to teams that come from all 4 corners of the country
NINJA PAINTBALL AMERICA! F**K YEAH!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 PM #14
ghostranger
Nucking Futz

ghostranger plays in the USPL
ghostranger plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpunk168 View Post
FOSHO! drop the 2nd cali event and make it down in the southeast. makes it a little more fair to teams that come from all 4 corners of the country
I second that motion
P.A.P. Family
"#111 fan of myself"
Free Agent
Old 11-12-2009, 08:38 PM #15
DocB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallify View Post
Why cant it be the other way around? word on the street is thier will be a Chicago event. I would LOVE to get a pump team in it, but would rather not get rolled due to lack of practice on a NPPL field so I am pushing my local field to get one. Once they have it they can hold local events on it as well, maybe with some luck more teams will get in on the 7 man action
FYI - MVP in Port Byron, IL (off I-80 at the Iowa border) will have a NPPL field next season.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:20 PM #16
crazyboarder9999

crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
crazyboarder9999 supports Team VICIOUS
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
that would be awesome. i played dc and wanted to play the other but tickets to vegas/cali are so much money especially hb during spring or February break

Contact me for more information
Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM #17
thewaytolite
D. Gunwhore

has been a member for 10 years
thewaytolite plays in the PSP
thewaytolite owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thewaytolite plays in the APPA D4 division
GFOA just held an open 7man event in Macon, GA and we drew 13 teams from all over the southeast. There is still a desire from teams in the south to play 7man if not Miami dammit Jacksonville works too
Old 11-16-2009, 06:26 PM #18
josh_paintball
Jesus F†W

josh_paintball plays in the PSP
josh_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
josh_paintball posts videos on PbNation
i want another MW event like nppl Kansas City 07..but thats because its close to me. but it did have a good turn out
Old 11-16-2009, 06:36 PM #19
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
d2paintballr plays in the APPA D2 division
next year will be 7man's last year unless something drastic is done to interest already formed 5man/xball teams. the main regional west coast league(wcppl), ran by mike hinman and the sd aftermath franchise, is switching to xball next season . they already had an intro division for their last event on november 14-15 and it was a hit. so expect more xball teams from the west coast. 7 man is a toss up. uspl is its only chance

and dont get me wrong i love the 7man format so i hope it remains but only time will tell i suppose. all the leagues are done till next season

hopefully there's a big turnout for HB 2010, its gonna be a great way to kick off the tournament season
Old 11-17-2009, 10:56 AM #20
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional

VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
VSOwnage plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
So bring it up to the Northeast where one of the most predominant 7-Man tournaments is held..the NEPL. Oh wait...they already bailed on that.

The equation is quite simple:

Bring the event to the players = money for USPL

The players being 7man in New England...
Fox 4 Paintball - Upton, MA
Old 11-17-2009, 11:08 AM #21
fsupb45
Florida State Paintball

fsupb45 is an NCPA player
fsupb45 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinDeep View Post
Damnit don't do that!! The title suggested they'd be hosting an '10 game down here. You just made my day suck

but yeah they need one down here, Miami's still a top tourism city in the US so why'd they stop in the first place?

(oh yeah, Jeb Bush is governor...they have an excuse)
Charlie Crist is the governor but good try.
Closed Thread