has been a member for 10 years
xPBxFREAKx plays in the PSP
xPBxFREAKx supports Team VICIOUS
xPBxFREAKx is an NCPA player
xPBxFREAKx is Boss
xPBxFREAKx supports Ninja Paintball
xPBxFREAKx supports Empire
Paintball X3 gives a review of .50 cal

Looks like someone is getting different results than MCB is.

http://www.paintballx3.com/feature/t...e-part-ii.html

10/0/0
xPBxFREAKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2009, 01:30 AM #2
Malitov
Ready for some pain?

Malitov owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malitov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Malitov has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmm. I'd sure like to know the weight of that 50cal.

Co-Captain Knights Templar
Malitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 AM #3
PROTOTYPE_XERO
Yes, I do sponsor myself.

PROTOTYPE_XERO owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I like how they failed to state what grade of Valken paint they used or how old it was. They carry an entire line from white box to top shelf. Seeing how badly it compared against many other brands of top shelf paint in multiple other videotaped tests it makes me a bit curious as to the quality.

If they want to be scientific they should use fresh paint from multiple manufacturers in both calibers from multiple guns in each caliber. This just reeks of an experiment with a manipulated control group to produce desired results. I'm starting to get insulted by all this "data" that assumes paintballers have no comprehension of scientific method or basic physics touting the virtues of .50 cal.
Riot Kings - #13
Brian Albrecht

Sponsors:
-Planet Eclipse-Warpaint International-Throwing Paint-

http://throwingpaint.com
www.okcompanypaintball.com

Last edited by PROTOTYPE_XERO : 11-05-2009 at 02:56 AM.
PROTOTYPE_XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:01 AM #4
flyingpootang

Funny how there isn't a video to prove .50 is equal to or better than .68
flyingpootang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:06 AM #5
Malitov
Ready for some pain?

Malitov owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malitov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Malitov has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Several posts have been made on this website and paintballX3's stating that videos exist and will be released. John Amodea also stated that he never conducts tests without videos. If we see the video and its true then WOW. No video means paintballX3's credibility just went out the door.

Co-Captain Knights Templar
Malitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:16 AM #6
PROTOTYPE_XERO

If they want ANY credibility whatsoever they need to expand beyond unspecified Valken paint for the control group, and maybe another brand of .50 paint as a test. They already blew most credibility by not using proper scientific methods, so it's just what they can salvage from this point on.

If you want to prove basic physics and multiple experiments which were better conducted wrong, you better have a LOT of data that you can prove is unmanipulated and repeatable.
Riot Kings - #13
Brian Albrecht

Sponsors:

Last edited by PROTOTYPE_XERO : 11-05-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 AM #7
Dr.Phil.McGraw (Banned)

man.....

50 cal sure have alot of fanboy haters.

I was interested in 50 cal and cant wait to see someone at my field own one so I can play with it for a couple games.
Dr.Phil.McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 AM #8
PROTOTYPE_XERO

I don't hate .50 cal. I just want people to stop trying to dispute the laws of physics with the distance argument, and conduct a scientifically valid experiment to definitively prove the real benefits, should any exist.

All I've seen is .50 haters arguing the distance aspect, and .50 supporters (some of which are most certainly paid) to dispute it with rather flimsy "experiments". MCB is the closest to neutral I've seen, but that still didn't cover quite a wide enough range to sell me one way or the other.

Someone needs to do a large test with multiple brands of fresh paint in both calibers, out of multiple guns of each caliber. Videotape it. Then present all of the data statistically. Bam! The argument is over once and for all.

That is the only valid scientific way to do this, and G.I. Milsim should have run ALL these tests and presented ALL that data before they ever started with the advertising campaign about how .50 is better in every aspect. All that did was fuel the fire of the haters that actually understand simple physics and latched on to the blatant exaggeration of equal distance. I think that alone is enough that .50 cal will never be accepted. People knew that there was some dishonesty, or something shady in all those claims. That undermined the credibility of the entire campaign.

Instead, if people were shown REAL data in an UNBIASED test, they would have been more prone to weigh the pro's and con's instead of being so polarized. There's no arguing with the unbiased data. All this BS would have never happened. Maybe there are benefits to .50, but nobody has seen any data that supports any of those claims without an apparent spin, put out by a source that will obviously benefit from giving it a good review. The most unbiased data appears to show that it is inferior in most aspects, but has a relatively small sample size and a limited range of data.

I fully intend to give .50 a shot as soon as possible. I do believe there are some positive aspects to it, and want to find out for myself before I start throwing opinions around one way or another. If all else fails, I'll do all the tests myself and then present some completely unbiased data. Hell, I'd love to see .50 cal live up to the claims and revolutionize the sport. Carrying over 2000 rounds onto the field with a gun that can shoot them all off of one fill. Sign me up!
Riot Kings - #13
Brian Albrecht

Sponsors:

Last edited by PROTOTYPE_XERO : 11-05-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:35 AM #9
pbplayyaaa

pbplayyaaa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbplayyaaa supports Team VICIOUS
50 cal sucks. were all staying with 68.
pbplayyaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:08 AM #10
John-PaintballX3

John-PaintballX3 is a Paintball photographer
We've been discussing the X3 .50 cal series in another forum. To get you caught up--we are doing a 4-5 part series. All of the questions that have been posed here are in the works, so hang in there a few weeks.

All of the testing is video-recorded so you'll be seeing those videos up in a few weeks as well. The next part of the series is coming November 12th. Feel free to ask any questions, make suggestions, etc.

John
Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 AM #11
bigman1416
Make'n you look good!

bigman1416 is a Paintball photographer
bigman1416 is playing at Living Legends III
John,

Do you think you'll reference some of the other testers (Carter/Paul and Punkworks, is Warpig doing something for this?) to kind of get a massive collective of non-industry/media types. I for one would like X3 to be the true king of media and content for paintball and I think it would be pretty impressive if you guys worked in-side your walls but also outside your walls so people can see a varied amount data, tests and results.
Officially Against the .50 "Revolution"
Don't believe the hype, not new, not the fix.
bigman1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 AM #12
John-PaintballX3

John-PaintballX3 is a Paintball photographer
We're always open to working with other people, media, etc. We've done that before. We don't intend for our testing and reporting to be the end-all, be-all, just to be used as another tool or point of reference. As I've stated before we have no horse in this race. Like everyone else out there, we're just curious to see how .50 cal stacks up to .68. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM #13
flyingpootang

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-PaintballX3 View Post
We're always open to working with other people, media, etc. As I've stated before we have no horse in this race. Like everyone else out there, we're just curious to see how .50 cal stacks up to .68. Thanks.
It would be end all if you and Carter can get together and do a test that is equal on both sides....
flyingpootang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 AM #14
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
orionz06 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE_XERO View Post
I don't hate .50 cal. I just want people to stop trying to dispute the laws of physics with the distance argument, and conduct a scientifically valid experiment to definitively prove the real benefits, should any exist.

All I've seen is .50 haters arguing the distance aspect, and .50 supporters (some of which are most certainly paid) to dispute it with rather flimsy "experiments". MCB is the closest to neutral I've seen, but that still didn't cover quite a wide enough range to sell me one way or the other.

Someone needs to do a large test with multiple brands of fresh paint in both calibers, out of multiple guns of each caliber. Videotape it. Then present all of the data statistically. Bam! The argument is over once and for all.

That is the only valid scientific way to do this, and G.I. Milsim should have run ALL these tests and presented ALL that data before they ever started with the advertising campaign about how .50 is better in every aspect. All that did was fuel the fire of the haters that actually understand simple physics and latched on to the blatant exaggeration of equal distance. I think that alone is enough that .50 cal will never be accepted. People knew that there was some dishonesty, or something shady in all those claims. That undermined the credibility of the entire campaign.

Instead, if people were shown REAL data in an UNBIASED test, they would have been more prone to weigh the pro's and con's instead of being so polarized. There's no arguing with the unbiased data. All this BS would have never happened. Maybe there are benefits to .50, but nobody has seen any data that supports any of those claims without an apparent spin, put out by a source that will obviously benefit from giving it a good review. The most unbiased data appears to show that it is inferior in most aspects, but has a relatively small sample size and a limited range of data.

I fully intend to give .50 a shot as soon as possible. I do believe there are some positive aspects to it, and want to find out for myself before I start throwing opinions around one way or another. If all else fails, I'll do all the tests myself and then present some completely unbiased data. Hell, I'd love to see .50 cal live up to the claims and revolutionize the sport. Carrying over 2000 rounds onto the field with a gun that can shoot them all off of one fill. Sign me up!
are you implying that someone complete a product, then prove it? preposterous!
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departedİ #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:52 AM #15
jake55
:dodgy?:

These test are basically completely the opposite of the only one other real test..
jake55 is offline   Reply With Quote