PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2009, 08:33 PM #1
Matty Dye
~ Steady Based ~

Matty Dye posts videos on PbNation
Practices

Hey guys and gals, I'm planning on entering my first tourny with a couple of my buddies and I'm wondering, how many practices should we have before we play our first tourny and how many practices do you and your team usually have? Thanks!

Matt

Advertisement
Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM #2
pbforlife13

well im assuming its a d5/entry level tournament right? just plays teams of that level till you beat them. lol. and drills drills drills. my team practices 2 times a month.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:07 AM #3
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Play teams that are better than you as many times as you can afford to. Every weekend would be ideal.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:22 PM #4
Matty Dye
~ Steady Based ~

Matty Dye posts videos on PbNation
Nice suggestions guys! Keep em' coming!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 PM #5
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Work on your team communication! That is key to winning games. Drills always help. (Snap shooting, running and gunning, break outs.. etc) Playing teams who already have the experience of playing in local and national tournaments is a plus.

If you are getting smashed in practice, don't let it shake you up. Go up to that team who just beat you down and ask them what you did that gave them the shot on you. You can gain SOOO much information off a loss, and most teams pass the info up.

My team practices 4-5 times a month sometimes more. It all depends on what you can afford.

Lastly.. remember its your first tourney. Go out and have fun! win or loose just take in the experience. GL man and hope you have a blast!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:54 AM #6
hksnakeplayer23
-RIOT 2012-

hksnakeplayer23 supports Team VICIOUS
hksnakeplayer23 plays in the APPA D5 division
communication is a must. work on plenty of drills. maybe come up with some different ideas for breakouts. practices vary by team when i first started my team we practiced 2 or 3 times a week until we were comfortable as a team. dont be scared play a normal game of paintball make smart moves. my team played our first tournament and we walked away from the first day undefeated and took 3rd overall. so just go and have fun and everything should work out for the best.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Ninja, Empire, Vanguard, KW Paintball
hksnakeplayer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:34 PM #7
MachinegunFUNK
NoPactsBetweenLionsAndMen

Get out there as much as you can with your team. Learning to play well together consistently will be a big help in the long run for you guys. We practice at least once a week, sometimes twice.
MachinegunFUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 AM #8
jwied
SAY WHAT!?!

practice the basics with people that are better then you.

everytime they beat you in something(i.e. snaping, laning, running etc.)
ask them to tell you what it is they did that you didnt, or how you can better your self.

good luck in your tourny
Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 AM #9
El General

El General donated to help Peyton Trent
El General owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Conditioning practices twice a week, for an hour and a half, to build up stamina with cardio work outs and work on slides, dives and break out sprints.

Field practices every weekend doing drills and scrims. 4-5 hrs average practice time; work through lunch.

If you're beginners, always play a team better than you. Those teams will always be able to tell you what you did wrong. You learn from mistakes. Make them in practice so you don't on the field.

Learn to communicate and predict each other. Also learn how to act independently. 3-man is about a balance between team work AND independent moves. Each player is such a big part of the team that you have to work together and be able to play your part. But one player can also break the game wide open if he shoots out 2 opponents.
El General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:25 AM #10
Franklyn Gardiner
Paintball is my life

Franklyn Gardiner helped look for balloons
Franklyn Gardiner supports Team VICIOUS
Franklyn Gardiner is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
Work on your team communication! That is key to winning games. Drills always help. (Snap shooting, running and gunning, break outs.. etc) Playing teams who already have the experience of playing in local and national tournaments is a plus.

If you are getting smashed in practice, don't let it shake you up. Go up to that team who just beat you down and ask them what you did that gave them the shot on you. You can gain SOOO much information off a loss, and most teams pass the info up.

My team practices 4-5 times a month sometimes more. It all depends on what you can afford.

Lastly.. remember its your first tourney. Go out and have fun! win or loose just take in the experience. GL man and hope you have a blast!

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig

"Paintball...My anti-drug. Because when your addicted to paintball how can you possibly afford drugs."
PETA- PEOPLE EAT TASTY ANIMALS
originally posted by new300new:"and then I popped my head up and 3 guys unloaded on my face..."
originally posted by Purple people eaterZ:"Your sig is epic.."
Franklyn Gardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 AM #11
OGballer2
All about the Buddha

OGballer2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OGballer2 supports Team VICIOUS
OGballer2 is for the Gunfight
Theres not really a certain amount of practices you have to have, but you still shouldnt go into a tournament with only one practice as a team. Try and get out as much you can, possibly every weekend. And practicing against more advanced teams is key, whenever you guys feel you are ready is when u should look into your first tournament. Good Luck.