Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2004, 07:06 PM #1
ft57

Annual Supporting Member
ft57 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Armotech Frequently Asked Questions list

After doing some digging around, I found this. Nobody has given me a F.A.Q. list to use, so I'll just use this one. Feel free to add to this list. I'll be glad to hear any ideas/suggestions that you might have.

Armotech Frequently Asked Questions:

What type of air source should I use for my Armotech marker?
Armotech markers are designed to work with either Co2 or HPA (High Pressured Air) tanks. If you are looking for highest consistency, we recommend an HPA tank.

What type of barrel thread does the Sim-4 Markers use?
The Sim-4 Markers use a Spyder® thread, compatible with most barrels on the market.

I have a question about your products or need help. How do I contact you?
Our telephone and fax contact information is listed below. Be sure to also read through our Forum and make use of the Ticketing system we have developed, located in the Support area of the website.
Where can I buy your products?
Visit our "Where to Buy" section to find an authorized dealer near you.

SIM4 Trouble Shooting Guide

CATEGORY SYMPTOM SOLUTIONS Air Leak Air leaks from where I screw in the tank Inspect the valve on your tank to insure it is not damaged Replace the o-ring on your tank Check for debris in the ASA Air leaks out from the barrel Make sure your marker has been reassembled properly. Refer to “Basic Cleaning and Maintenance” on page Replace the o-rings on the valve Replace the cup seal Replace the valve Air leaks from between the vertical asa (part #40) and the body Replace o-ring Velocity Velocity is too high Turn the velocity adjustment screw ) out/counter-clockwise until desired velocity is reached If the velocity spring is new it may need to be broken in; this can be done by firing the marker until you are able to achieve the desired velocity* Velocity is too low Turn the velocity adjustment screw in/clockwise until desired velocity is reached Internal parts may be dirty or o-rings may be damaged. Refer to “Basic Cleaning and Maintenance” Check bolt to make sure it is not installed upside down. The hole in the center of the bolt should face downward Make sure you have not lost the copper air passage. Alignment of Parts Stock Loosen the set screw holding the stock , align the stock properly, and re-tighten the screw. If the stock is loose after that tighten the screw on the underside of the stock. Front Sight Loosen sight adjustment screw , and align sight properly, then re-tighten the screw . See diagram 3-3 in your manual Hand guard is loose Follow diagram 3-2 in your manual. Tighten connecting screw, then reassemble hand guard Firing The marker will not cock Loosen the rear screw on the carry handle approximately ½ turn at a time until you are able to cock the marker freely Make sure the connector pin is properly installed in the bolt and striker. See diagram 2-2 in your manual Marker does not fire Make sure air source is inserted properly. Make sure marker has been re-assembled properly Make sure paintballs are being allowed into the marker Marker sputters or doesn’t re-cock Check to make sure the air tank is full Clean bolt and striker making sure they are free of debris or broken paint Inspect the bolt and striker o-rings and make sure that they are well oiled and fit snuggly. Replace if necessary Paintballs Curve Make sure you are using high quality paintballs that are not old or dirty Clean barrel and breech area of broken paint and debris More than one paintball comes out at a time Make sure the ball detent is installed properly, not worn out, and that the screws are not over-tightened. Replace if necessary Make sure the paintballs being used are the proper size. They should not roll freely out of the barrel when it is pointed downward Breaking paint Make sure you are using high quality paintballs that are not old or dirty Clean barrel and breech area of broken paint and debris Make sure ball detent is not worn. Replace if necessary. Note: Screws holding ball detent should not be over-tightened *

Can I use my Armotech®™ at any playing field?
Yes you can.

Do Armotech®™ markers use special paintballs or air systems?
No, Armotech®™ use standard .68 caliber paintballs and standard co2 or compressed air systems and standard paintball gun hoppers and elbows, unlike some other “Military Simulated” markers out there.

Can regular paintball gun aftermarket parts fit my Armotech®™?
Yes, Armotech®™ markers will accommodate most popular aftermarket parts such as drop forwards, expansion chambers, barrels, ect. Please check with your local Armotech®™ dealer for exact fitment.

Are Armotech®™ paintball markers hard to take apart and clean?
No, they are no harder than your average Spyder®™ or Tippmann®™ style marker. The manual that comes with your Armotech®™ marker will show you exactly what to do.

Is there support for Armotech®™ Paintball Markers, in case I have a problem?
Yes, no matter where you buy your Armotech®™ marker there is technical support available to you for the company.
ft57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2004, 02:58 PM #2
TrashDoG

How about a FAQ on the REAL Armotech now?

I can give you a couple things:
Q. Real Websites?
A. .net
.us
Q. What threads for the 65?
A. WG-65 uses VM-68 Threads

Q. Are the Zeus, Mars, and WG series discontinued?
A. No, they are available from nearly 100 Armotech Dealers.

Q. Is the WS-66 a real Armotech gun?
A. Yes, its made by WarSensor, which works with Armotech.

Q. How about Warranties?
A. Scamotech (Armotech.com) has like a 90 day warranty. Armotech.us/.net is Lifetime and they STAND BEHIND their products.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:50 PM #3
ft57

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by TrashDoG
How about a FAQ on the REAL Armotech now?

I can give you a couple things:
That's great, let's keep adding to this list!
Old 04-03-2004, 04:48 PM #5
ft57

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for the links, but it would be great to have the FAQ info posted here. I'll eventually have one long list of FAQ info, but I won't be using links. If you can, please help us get the info onto here, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2004, 05:16 PM #6
dundadun

kay, I was just giving the links so that everyone can print out the whole manuals...
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 05:58 PM #7
ft57

Annual Supporting Member
ok, good point, thanks!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:07 PM #8
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

WG-65 Frequently Asked Questions

------- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS --------

Q. Has the WG-65 and all of its models been discontinued?

A. No. The Wg-65 and all its variants are still in production, along with the Zeus, Mars, Pluto and Mercury series. With more to come later on.

Q. Where do I buy the WG-65?

A. All of Armotechs products can be purchased from any Authorized Armotech Dealer, which can be found here.

Q. Once I purchase my WG-65, what kind of service can I expect if something goes wrong with my WG-65?

A. Armotech offers top notch customer service coupled with a Limited Lifetime Warranty! 99% of the problems related to the WG-65 are user caused problems. These occur when the marker is not properly maintained. It is highly recommended that you read the online manuals for your Armotech Marker, which can be found here.
Armotech WG-65 and WG-65 A1 & A2 models.

Armotech Zeus Series

Armotech Mars Series

Q. What is the WG-65 made of?

A. The WG-65 is constructed of high grade aluminum and plastic. The barrel, reciever and sights are constructed of aluminum, while the stock is constructed of plastic build around aluminum.

Q. Does the WG-65 come with a regulator or a low pressure kit?

A. No. The WG-65 does not come with a regulator or a low pressure kit. The minimum operating pressure for the WG-65 is 500 PSI.

Q. Which paintballs seem to work best in the WG-65?

A. These paintballs match the bore size of the WG-65 and therefore work best.
RPS: Marbalizers, El Tigres, Warriors
PMI: Big Ball
TC: Viper Venoms
Anarchy Fury

Q. What should I use for lubricating my WG-65?

A. Teflon grease is the prefered choice of grease. Silicone grease works well but tends to thicken in the winter and creates re-cocking problems.

Q. What sizes are the Hex/ Allen keys that are required to disassemble the WG-65?

A. These are all metric sizes.
Cocking Knob: M3
Rubber Detent: M3
RIS Mounts: M2
RIS Secure Screw: M3
Front Sight: M3
Barrel extension: M2
Trigger Frame: M3
Clip Kit Mounts: M2.5
Clip Kit Base: M2
Carry Handle: M2.5 (on opposite side from knobs)
Feed Neck: M4
Velocity Adjuster: M3
Harris Bipod: M4

Q. Is there an electric trigger available for the WG-65?

A. Yes, an electric trigger is available. This trigger has a rate fo fire of approx. 13 BPS, which can be changed by switching the dip switches inside the trigger frame. The frame is constructed of aluminum. It ships with a double trigger and a single trigger. A 9.6 V rechargeble battery is recommended for the Armotech E-Trigger.

Q. The stock on my Wg-65 is wobbly and starts to spin after a little while when I am using it. How do i prevent this?

A. At the beginning of the stock ( The part that is near the reciever) there is a little cuff that spins. After alligning the stock and screwing it in, take a stock wrench, available from any Authorized Armotech Dealer, and tighten this cuff. The stock will not spin until you take the stock wrench and loosen this cuff.

Q. How do I change the velocity on my WG65?

A. Please refer to the manual for a more detailed explanation.

The velocity knob is located at the back on the receiver (marker body). On the Armotech WG65, 65E, marker this velocity adjuster can be turned by hex tool only. To adjust velocity, turn the velocity screw clockwise in ½ turn increments. To decrease velocities turn the velocity screw counter-clockwise.

Q. My WG-65 came with two ball detents, why is this so?

A. The WG-65 comes with a rubber dual peg bal detent and a angel style ball bearing ball detent. The angel style ball detent screws into the left side of the chamber. It is there to so that the balls dont roll out if you are using paint that is smaller than the recommended paint.

Q. What aftermarket cup seal works best with the WG-65?

A. The BlackMagic cupseal works best in the Wg-65.

Q. Where do I go if I need spare parts for my WG-65?

A. Spare parts should be available with the dealer you purchased your marker from.

Q. Can I wash my WG-65?

A. Yes the WG-65 is washable. Just dissasemble it, put it in your kitchen sink and clean it out. If you have an E-trigger, make sure you remove it and do not get it wet. As with all electric appliances, it does not react well with water. Please take care to dry your WG-65 thorougly.

Q. What thread type is the WG-65's barrel?

A. The WG-65 barrel uses VM-68 II threads.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:08 PM #9
ArmoMatt311

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ZEUS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Q. I just got my Zeus today! Is there anything I should do to it before I shoot it?

A. Yes, you should take it apart and clean the entire gun. After that you should oil all the nessary parts and then put the gun back to get together. Now you are ready.

Q. When I put a 12 gram in all the air rushes out really fast.

A. The Zeus needs to be cocked before putting in a 12 gram. Same goes for if you have a bottom line or hpa line.

Q. I can't get my Zeus to shoot under 300fps(or less) what should I do?

A. The first thing you should do is turn out the velocity knob as much as you need to. What you can also do is leave the cocked for a long time like a day or two. If that doesn't work you may need to cut some rings off the spring. Cut one ring at a time and after each cut check your velocity again.

Q. Is there an electric trigger that I can put on my Zeus?

A. Yes the E-Trigger made by Armotech will work on the Zeus.

Q. Does the Armotech barrel extension work on my Zeus?

A. The barrel extension only works on the G2.

Q. Do Core ZX and PTX magazines work on the Zeus?

A. Yes.

Q. What kind of threads does the G2 have?

A. The G2 has its own kind of threads, but I think Armotech is coming out with a new line of barrels for the G2.

Q. What is the best aftermarket cup seal for the Zeus series?

A. The Black Magic cup seal is the best cup seal for the Zeus series.

Q. Can I use CO2 if I have a HPA line on my Zeus?

A. Yes and you can use whatever size tank you want.

Q. How do you install the HPA line or the bottom-line?

A. This will help HPA INSTALL

Q. From what I read the Zeus series has been discontinued. Is this true?

A. No, the Zeus has never been discontinued. If you want info on whats new with Armotech, then check out Armotech.net.

Q. What paint should I use the Zeus series?

A. The Zeus as a bore of .689 caliber. So its best to use medium to large bore paint.

Q. What kind of battery does the flashlight take on my Zeus RIS?

A. It takes a CR123A battery. You can find it at almost any department store.

Q. Where is a good place to buy an Armotech product?

A. Any Armotech.us dealer is a safe place to buy an Armotech. Heres a link to the dealer list http://www.armotech.us/wheretobuy.html
Old 04-20-2004, 08:09 PM #10
ArmoMatt311

Mars FAQ: read this first!!

FAQ:

Q. If my Mars breaks are there parts to fix it? or can it be fixed?

A. Yes there are parts to fix it. These parts can be found at any of the Authorized Dealers. Also the Mars is under a limited lifetime warrenty from Armotech. If your marker has been broke due to normal use then im sure the dealer will fix it under the warrenty. If it has been broke due to poor use and rough use and could have been avoided by the user or owner then it should not be under the warrenty. As with almost any marker you could ever buy.

Q. What barrel threads are the Mars series markers?

A. The Mars series markers have "Spyder" threads. The stock barrel on the Mars is just as good if not better than many of the "upgrade" barrels already out there.

Q. I heard that the EVO has a plastic trigger frame. Is this true?

A. In the past the EVO did come with a plastic trigger frame. Armotech realized this was a quality issue and decided to discontinue the plastic trigger frame. All new from the factory EVOs will now come with the new metal trigger frame.

Q. Why does my cocking pin keep falling out?

A. If you read the manual on http://www.Armotech.us under the services area you will read that there are two hex screws in the back of the bolt that must be tightened to the desired point that the pin will not fall out and it will still be easy enough to remove for field stripping.

Q. Are there upgrades for the Mars series?

A. The Mars line of markers come stock with many "upgrade" parts. You may have to upgrade a Spyder or a Pirhanha and spend money after the fact because they do not come with these type pf parts. The Mars comes with a high flow valve which is good for low pressure setups. It comes with a great regulator and comes stock with a small expansion chamber. also comes with a very nice barrel that needs no need for upgrades. The trigger frame already has a hair trigger pull and shoots a fast 13bps. There will be upgrades in the near future for the Mars series. I myself have come out with an upgraded bolt. I am also working on other upgrade parts along with Armotech.

Q. Why does my EVO shoot so slow.. when it says it can shoot 13 bps on the website?

A. This question is also answered in the Owners Manual at http://www.Armotech.us under the service section. The owners Manual for the Mars is a MUST read for everyone who owns one. The speed or ROF (rate of fire) is determind by the dip switches inside the trigger frame. Both dip swithes in the upward position towards the numbers 1 and 2 are the 13 bps rof settings.

Q. What are the best paintballs for the Mars series?

A. Iv had the best results with the medium to large bore balls. .687-.689 seem to work well. A quality paintball is usually recomended for better results also. you get what you pay for.

Q. Are replacment parts or spare parts easy to find?

A. Yes the Parts Kit can be found at any one of the Armotech dealers. The Parts Kit comes with many of the parts that could eventually need replacing. Spring, Valve Pin, O-rings, ect..

Q. I heard that the Mars series has been discontinued. Is this True?

A. No, this is not true. brand new Mars series markers are still being shipped out everyday. You can order any of the Mar series markers from any one of the authorized dealers on the the http://www.Armotech.net site.

Q. What is the best hopper for the EVO?

A. Force fed hoppers are going to be te best for any electronic marker. The Halo B is one of the fastest and best made hoppers you can get that is force fed. I currently use a Richoche AK which is a gravity fed agitated hopper. It seems to work well for me. any hopper that can feed arounf 12bps should work fine with the EVO. If you are planning on using full auto a lot and fast paced shooting, then go for the Halo B.

Q. Why wont my hopper fit in the vertical feeder?

A. Most hoppers are made perposly to a bigger size so that the hopper can fit in a veriaty of markers. The EVO and same with other markers you will need to sand down the hopper feed neck to fit into the vertical feeder on the EVO. This is normal for any marker. DO NOT try to force a hopper into the vertical feeder. alays make sure that your marker is uncocked when putting you rhopper on.

Q. Iv heard that Armotechs are crap, what do you think?

A. If Armotechs were so "crappy" then why would people be buying them and not buying just one of them? most of the rumors you hear from others are people who dont even own an Armotech or have never shot one. And the funniest thing most of them probably have not even seen one in person. 99.9% of the time the reason something goes wrong with an Armotech is due to the user themself. Iv seen it over and over.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:07 PM #11
TrashDoG

When is the Sim4 going to be removed from this...... ?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:07 PM #12
ArmoMatt311

I dunno but it needs to be
Old 04-20-2007, 01:07 PM #13
Warwitch
Corvus corax

nice link.....

Reality is for people with no imagination
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:36 AM #14
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

Actually Armotech is now known as WarSensor.

www.warsensor.com

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
devilmountainsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:45 PM #15
MrG[UK]

little known fact.. as i worked it out myself...

the back aluminium stock tube on the WS66 or MT66 is the same size as the commercial AR15 receiver tube... not to be confused with the military spec receiver tube thats thinner.

and because of that im getting my stock upgrade soon =) no more wobbly 3 position stock for me!
MrG[UK] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:52 PM #16
MrG[UK]

As well as tippmann A5 ris Railed foregrips (that use set screws) fit MT66's!

Screw the set screws on the furthest end of the grip to be coming out not in.

Place the end cap of the old original plastic grip on the end where the set screws are pointing out of and tighten till its firmly held.

The AR15 style Iron Sight post attaches via a screw onto that end cap and you tighten the railed hand guard by the set screws at the back and the screw on the Iron Sight Post.

viola!

=)
MrG[UK] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM #17
deadsun_312

thanks for the help
deadsun_312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:47 PM #18
Rick23

Armotech

Q. Hi i currently own a Armotech WG-65 and would like to know where i would be able to purchase the WG-65 Clip Kit for it????

Would like to get one ASAP.......
Rick23 is offline   Reply With Quote