Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM #43
angelballa93

Now that this great series is over and congratulations to all that played this year. I have a question for Brent, Tapper, KP, Chris, and Kenny, Are you going to start bumping teams and players up in classification so we get more D-3 teams to play the rest of this year and next? And when are you going to do this? There are a lot of indoor opportunities this winter thanks to Brent and Tapper and it would be nice to see all these D-4 champions playing up a division for the remainder of the year.

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM #44
amapballer
Jonesy

amapballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
amapballer is for the Gunfight
amapballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
amapballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree with the D5 needing more teams. While many open players brush off D5 as unimportant, they are the future of the sport and ultimately, the league. I think the most D5 teams we had at a tournament this season was 11, which means we only played finals one time. Let's try to push to get over 10 teams in D5 at every event next year so that these players can get used to playing finals. We should have better attendance in Open and D4, provided all the current teams move up like they are supposed to.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 AM #45
G-Rock
I SHOOT DEAD PEOPLE!!!

has been a member for 10 years
G-Rock supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballa93 View Post
Now that this great series is over and congratulations to all that played this year. I have a question for Brent, Tapper, KP, Chris, and Kenny, Are you going to start bumping teams and players up in classification so we get more D-3 teams to play the rest of this year and next? And when are you going to do this? There are a lot of indoor opportunities this winter thanks to Brent and Tapper and it would be nice to see all these D-4 champions playing up a division for the remainder of the year.
As I can not speak for the SEPS, since I am just a field owner and not involved in the decisions of SEPS in anyway shape or form (that is KP, Mark Bradshaw and Brent).

But I believe that the bumping of teams up is determined by the players ranking in APPA and what the requirements of the team classifications are, determined by the 2008 PSP rules.

Now I do know that the MSXL, which is supported and sponsored by the PSP, will be using what ever standards that the PSP sets for team classifications. This is based by the Universal Classification Program that most of the modern tournament series are adopting to unify player classifications.

Chris Geiger
Clarksville Defiance, Coach
Sponsored by:
Gateway Action Sports
VALKEN
NINJA Air Systems

Last edited by G-Rock : 10-21-2009 at 11:01 AM.
G-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:20 PM #46
mhookit

mhookit is a Supporting Member
mhookit donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballa93 View Post
i think its going to be up to the players, whether they bump up to the next division or stay in the same division they won or they where in the top 3 at the end of the series. it all falls on the teams whether they want to sack up and bump up to the next division or be *****es and stay where they are....
mhookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:04 PM #47
amapballer
Jonesy

amapballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
amapballer is for the Gunfight
amapballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
amapballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ya, there needs to be a forced bump for maybe the top three teams from d4 and d5 (although d5 didn't keep series rankings) to keep at least some teams from sandbagging
Old 10-21-2009, 05:06 PM #48
sinister shocker
Snap,Splat,Take the walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINMANOWAR View Post
And just to clarify the ref that has his mask off many time during the day on a live field, was the very ref that called the gentleman out for cursing. Wearing an orange tee shirt. You all know who he is....
Same ref that pulled a 1 for 1 on me in our game against stormtroopers. Took a hit inside the softear of my mask, stopped shooting and looked at the refs on the sidelines and simply asked "did that break?". Ref proceeds to signal an eliminated player and runs to pull my back center player. Ref runs back toward me and begins to rake me over the coals because I didn't leave the field when he signalled me gone and tells me he pulled a penalty because of it....my first reaction is "WTF?" and blow it off since I didn't want any more penalties called on me. It's good to see I'm not the only player that had a problem with this guys reffing.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 PM #49
Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rock View Post
As I can not speak for the SEPS, since I am just a field owner and not involved in the decisions of SEPS in anyway shape or form (that is KP, Mark Bradshaw and Brent).

But I believe that the bumping of teams up is determined by the players ranking in APPA and what the requirements of the team classifications are, determined by the 2008 PSP rules.

Now I do know that the MSXL, which is supported and sponsored by the PSP, will be using what ever standards that the PSP sets for team classifications. This is based by the Universal Classification Program that most of the modern tournament series are adopting to unify player classifications.

Chris Geiger
This is up to the SEPS officials, I can tell you the APPA is looking into a player points system that would motivate a player to move up in a national points/ranking system. Example: Ollie Lang may be the #1 ranked player in the world with say 100,000 points. A new player starts at 0. As you play and improve and have better results your points go up. Each div. you advance the points you can earn will increase with ea. division you move up also moving you up in a world wide player ranking. We are hopefull that players will want to increase thier individual points and ranking. This is just a basic example of an option APPA is looking at.

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 AM #50
4banger
AP Factory

4banger plays in the PSP
4banger donated to help Peyton Trent
4banger plays in the APPA D3 division
I personally believe that the D5 players are the future of our sport and need to be supported. Kevin, Brent and will discuss improvements to the D5 division and these changes will be very good for the bracket.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by amapballer View Post
I agree with the D5 needing more teams. While many open players brush off D5 as unimportant, they are the future of the sport and ultimately, the league. I think the most D5 teams we had at a tournament this season was 11, which means we only played finals one time. Let's try to push to get over 10 teams in D5 at every event next year so that these players can get used to playing finals. We should have better attendance in Open and D4, provided all the current teams move up like they are supposed to.
65 South/AP Factory Sponsored by Ourselves now. lol
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:54 PM #51
maddawg8018
Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHe tw3rkeR View Post
Now at Bowling green (2nd bg) I was reffing and after every game we'd take our masks off after the guns and stuff was plugged and would put them back on when we got ready to start. Maybe thats what they was doing? But I wasnt there so I dont know.

Who won btw?
I'm not sure, but I felt like the aslyum guys were wonderful, in particular field 2, the refs were really cool.(Yes this is my opinion and my POV) We had a somewhat controversial call and the ref came over and talked to me about it after the match was over and he was super cool about everything. Refs seemed to be knowledgeable of live fields and were helpful, nice, etc.

as for the who won--

D5
1st-Unknown Boys
2nd-Asylum StormTroopers
3rd-Warpigs

Didn't catch the D4 finals so no clue but im pretty sure under pressure got third, maybe someone can fill these in for me? ;]

D4
1st-
2nd-
3rd-Under Pressure

Open
1st-N tense
2nd-Instagators
3rd-Livewire
maddawg8018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:16 PM #52
red4
Sherman Reynolds