Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-21-2009, 09:40 AM #43
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

everyone is stuck on sup air bunkers. how bout you talk with might paintball or airups or one of the smaller bunker companies to give you a field
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 AM #44
RR#82
.:BSC:.

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 donated to help Peyton Trent
RR#82 supports Team VICIOUS
RR#82 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
why start out asking for ****? At least try with Sup Air.

RR#82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 AM #45
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
Several of the fields used will have or do have nice fields...

Choctaw got a new USPL field in this week, so there goes that issue.

The Edge and Ridge both have great fields.
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:41 PM #46
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
Several of the fields used will have or do have nice fields...

Choctaw got a new USPL field in this week, so there goes that issue.

The Edge and Ridge both have great fields.

just cuz they have it doesnt mean they will new it. mean they had a 2008 xball field they didnt use
Old 10-21-2009, 02:24 PM #47
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

No, they do not have a 2008 X-ball field.

They have a 2005ish field that is in various states of disrepair. They used it at the 2008 event...
Old 10-21-2009, 02:28 PM #48
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachievers-buck View Post
everyone is stuck on sup air bunkers. how bout you talk with might paintball or airups or one of the smaller bunker companies to give you a field
If this is ever to be a feeder series to the PSP then i would assume everyone would be wanting to play on the same fields you would be playing on at a PSP event. I know that mighty bunkers are different dimensions compared to supair bunkers and I'm pretty sure airups are also different. The different size even if it is a very small difference can really change up a field layout.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM #49
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
If this is ever to be a feeder series to the PSP then i would assume everyone would be wanting to play on the same fields you would be playing on at a PSP event. I know that mighty bunkers are different dimensions compared to supair bunkers and I'm pretty sure airups are also different. The different size even if it is a very small difference can really change up a field layout.
Truth.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM #50
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

i was looking the the might paintball site today, and they snake is the only thing that is different as far a sizes go. their snake is bigger then sup air. And is MPS going to try to be a feeder series this season? If so, you would think that sup air would be willing to give a discount on a series feild. but the only down fall to that is, 2, 3man fields with one traveling feild. Alot of people were pissed about the dz layout. with 44 bunkers that would only be 22 per field. DZ had around 30ish per field
Old 10-21-2009, 03:18 PM #51
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

I own a mighty field, some airups bunkers and a supair field and trust me they are not the same sizes, i just personally went and looked.

Also, 22 bunkers is not really that bad for a 3 man. I really don't think there was much complaint on the 3 man games. I think it was more 5 man games on a 3 man size field.

Last edited by Wally : 10-21-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:32 PM #52
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

look at their new stuff.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:39 PM #54
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

i just did and from what i could find they don't look the same at all to me

edit - the dorritos are about the closest to the same size per each company, everything else is different, for example look at the mighty cakes they look nothing like supair cakes other than they have 3 sides.

Last edited by Wally : 10-21-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:45 PM #55
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

and i suppose these are comparable temples and mayas

Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM #56
fancher
STORM

fancher plays in the PSP
fancher helped look for balloons
fancher plays in the APPA D4 division
instead of giving so much out for 1st place. just give mini's and gearbags. that is 25 prophecies in l2 alone that could go towards paying for a field. then l3 would be 15 more. at 100 per hopper, a field could get bought rather quickly.

we won two events last year and i still think that the prizes are too top heavy. take some of that off the top and put a quality field. i have a field that could be used also. there are several ways to get what you want
Old 10-21-2009, 04:46 PM #57
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

the blue and red ones, are just like the sup air ones. i have those
Old 10-27-2009, 04:19 PM #58
omar786
that brown kid

omar786 supports Team VICIOUS
omar786 posts videos on PbNation
omar786 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancher View Post
do it at fields that might actually have a legit layout. pb ridge edge and grafiti all put up decent fields. choctaw was garbage. they put up garbage for the mps but now they can have thier own tournament on a uspl field. i wont play one a 3 man cow pasture like drop zone again. just my thoughts.
This is true. I AM NOT PLAYING at DZ again if thats what we're going to play on. it is not worth going all the way from oklahoma to play on hard mud, cow patties, and a re arranged 3 man field. if you are going to host an event, you better have a psp/uspl field, air stations w. 4500 fills, and room to hold everyone. the only fields i thought that did well as far as hosting was edge and the ridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
Just use the PSP rule book.

They have experimented with thousands upon thousands of five man teams to come up with that thing, and I think we should just use that experience to our advantage.

We could simply use their 5-man rule book, and a ton of issues and questions that arise every event could be removed.

Such as:
Layering rules
Jersey tuck in rules
What counts as a one for one, two for one, etc....

I also think it is important to use the same standards every event, and use them the entire event. I know teams got penalties half-way through the day almost every event for different things that they had been doing all day.

Finally, I think the MPS could benefit from using the PSP rule book because a bunch of the teams participating in the series either play PSP 5-man, or plan on playing it in the future. So, it makes it easier on each ref staff, while better preparing teams for events they will be participating in in the future.
i couldnt agree more ! MPS used the "rules are subject to change at anyone moment" clause WAYYYY TOO MUCH ! Penalties would be assessed without notice, random 1 for 1s would happen when they wouldnt 3 games before etc. l2/l1 teams want to play national events, so you should let them get the feel of it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post

Has anyone ever suggested making L3 5-man and having L4 as the only 3-man option? If L3 was 5-man, you could split up L1 & L2 and maybe get a few more teams out that don't want to waste their money getting blown up by L2 teams.

And the APPA ranking is LOL! Based purely on the APPA ranking, it looks like about half the L2 players at MPS#5 could have played L4!?
i strongly disaggree here. theres no point in doing an " L3 5 man team" except for sandbaggers just wanting to win prizes. the "open" part is not the problem, The kickn' indoor event has an open division and gets a great turnout ! 3 man is solely to get the hang of tournament paintball and for newcomers. if you want to play 5 man, you have to be able 2 compete at the 5 man level, enough said. You cant expect to get top 3 every event without getting beat down a couple tournaments. theres a myriad of teams that play national events that will never place, but they play anyways for the experience. if you want to win, practice harder, and play better teams. and if you dislike losing, then dont play.

as far as the appa, thats truth. i played 3 events in l2 and i could still sign up for l4. keep to the psp format and more teams will come.
AC: 417

Last edited by omar786 : 10-27-2009 at 04:22 PM.
omar786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:02 PM #59
gopack

The MPS should also avoid events on holiday weekends. There were a few teams and players who had to miss the event over labor day weekend.
gopack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:15 PM #60
xXxGONZALESxXx

xXxGONZALESxXx plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar786 View Post
i strongly disaggree here. theres no point in doing an " L3 5 man team" except for sandbaggers just wanting to win prizes. the "open" part is not the problem, The kickn' indoor event has an open division and gets a great turnout ! 3 man is solely to get the hang of tournament paintball and for newcomers. if you want to play 5 man, you have to be able 2 compete at the 5 man level, enough said. You cant expect to get top 3 every event without getting beat down a couple tournaments. theres a myriad of teams that play national events that will never place, but they play anyways for the experience. if you want to win, practice harder, and play better teams. and if you dislike losing, then dont play.

this is true!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:31 PM #61
wM_Pity
Washed Up & No Skills ^^^

wM_Pity plays in the PSP
wM_Pity plays in the APPA D4 division
I think level 4 should just be absorbed into level 3, and just have one division for both, a 3-man open might be cool, and may draw between 6-10 teams easily....
Level 2 needs to be modified to allow the level 1 teams to play, because honestly their just isn't a big enough population to draw from in order to validate a bunch of different levels; until we can get 20+ 5man teams and 30+ 3man teams.

I would rather lose 2 or 3 teams who don't want to play open teams, and gain the 4,5 or even 6 teams that would play because we allow them to.

i think the MPS should keep it simple,
3 man - Beginner (same rules and qualifications as level 3)
5man - open (allowed to all players)
-maybe a 3man open, if enough interest; which i think will be possible (since some teams stay for both days, and also some 5-man teams have deep rosters and would be a good way for those players to still get a chance to play at a "open" level.

as far as rules and ****, i don't really care, psp or (_______), whatever, as long as the rule book is organized, available to everyone and is used for the entire series without severe manipulation (series scoring changes, super serious major rules) etc.

Last edited by wM_Pity : 10-28-2009 at 09:34 PM.
wM_Pity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 AM #62
shocker4life03
OKC Militia

shocker4life03 plays in the PSP
shocker4life03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shocker4life03 supports Team VICIOUS
shocker4life03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wM_Pity View Post
I think level 4 should just be absorbed into level 3, and just have one division for both, a 3-man open might be cool, and may draw between 6-10 teams easily....
Level 2 needs to be modified to allow the level 1 teams to play, because honestly their just isn't a big enough population to draw from in order to validate a bunch of different levels; until we can get 20+ 5man teams and 30+ 3man teams.

I would rather lose 2 or 3 teams who don't want to play open teams, and gain the 4,5 or even 6 teams that would play because we allow them to.

i think the MPS should keep it simple,
3 man - Beginner (same rules and qualifications as level 3)
5man - open (allowed to all players)
-maybe a 3man open, if enough interest; which i think will be possible (since some teams stay for both days, and also some 5-man teams have deep rosters and would be a good way for those players to still get a chance to play at a "open" level.

as far as rules and ****, i don't really care, psp or (_______), whatever, as long as the rule book is organized, available to everyone and is used for the entire series without severe manipulation (series scoring changes, super serious major rules) etc.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:32 AM #63
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

The only problem with that, is that most teams will not want to play open.

There are those of us who don't care, and then there is 95% of the MPS.

The level of whining related to ranking last year was outrageous, and I think almost all of it came from the fact that teams were scared to get beat.