Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2009, 12:54 AM #43
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!
 
lioutlaws316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: longisland
lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseypb29 View Post
they cant just melt down the parts and then produce smaller ones at no cost.
kinada my point why i dont like.50
__________________
Girl <3 >>Empire2k5<<
I LIKE THAT
I LOVE SELENA GOMEZ
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2009, 05:28 AM #44
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyg0tgame View Post
You're an idiot and talking with big letters doesn't make you smarter. Planet Eclipse released pictures of the .50 cal conversion kit. The barrel, bolt, insert, etc. By doing that they fed into the media hype. Whether or not they meant to or intending on supporting it doesn't ****ing matter. That's like me saying I don't support Obama, but I voted for him just in case he actually did become president. Maybe if it were simple logic you'd be right. Apparently this is a little over your head because you don't understand the market and taking advantage of mediums (or misusing them).
That has to be the dumbest analogy I've heard yet. Did you even think about that one first?

First you're talking about they are supporting it. Now your argument is they hyped it? So which is it?
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:56 AM #45
Tiggr_909
Consilium Dei
 
Tiggr_909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
I think PE made just a smart move. They brought out the Ego10 but with the .50 discussion people could be confused! That could result in less sales because people could think about waiting to buy a new marker till the situation is cleared. With showing a conversion kit they show that you can buy their Ego 10 without loosing track if 0.50 will come. So with that they get back the Ego people that are in a waiting position.

And this is not really a pro or con statement about cal .50
__________________
If you're good at something, never do it for free.
Tiggr_909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:13 AM #46
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggr_909 View Post
I think PE made just a smart move. They brought out the Ego10 but with the .50 discussion people could be confused! That could result in less sales because people could think about waiting to buy a new marker till the situation is cleared. With showing a conversion kit they show that you can buy their Ego 10 without loosing track if 0.50 will come. So with that they get back the Ego people that are in a waiting position.

And this is not really a pro or con statement about cal .50
THANK YOU! Like I had said. PE is only making it so that their markers remain usable.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:37 PM #47
greenvertboy
 
 
greenvertboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: IUP
greenvertboy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
greenvertboy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
greenvertboy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
greenvertboy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
How are companies such as gun manufacturers winning with this? If .50 becomes the new primary paintball used why would a gun manufactuer want to invest in that? They dont make paint they arent saving money. All they are doing is spending more money for the probable "free" converision kits for gun. And I know kids are complaning but Im not like. What are all pre 2k5 gun owners supposed to do. I highly doubt conversion kits will ever be seen for their marker. Overall I say for this idea. I really hate how SP still and always will be the company that ruins paintball just to make a few dollars. Those ****ing Gardners are going to rape paintball for all it is until it runs dry then they will move onto a new sport.


my $0.02
Could you contradict yourself a little more, PLEASE? I mean holy ****, first you say gun companies have NO REASON to be on board with this. Which insinuates that if the gun companies DO get on board, that apparently there is a gain in this for everybody. Otherwise, if they're not making more money, why would they support this?

And just so you know the the Gardners are rather committed to this sport. Don't hate on .50 cal because it's an SP helped company. This is MUCH bigger than just SP, or any one company. This is most of the big industry players.
__________________
PAMERCENARIES

I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do it
So a little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said a little better than before
greenvertboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:00 PM #48
Gsquat
Rashad Evans FTW!
 
Gsquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthrprey View Post

if .50 cal is remotely popular then .68 will die quickly (4yrs)
4 years? No way. So long as there will be a market for it someone will make and sell .68 caliber paint. In four years, there will still be more .68 caliber guns out there than .50.... 20 years of .68 > 4 years of .50...
Gsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:15 PM #49
whiteyg0tgame
gotgamegotgamegotgame
 
whiteyg0tgame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ate-five-sex
Annual Supporting Member
whiteyg0tgame has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
whiteyg0tgame has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
That has to be the dumbest analogy I've heard yet. Did you even think about that one first?

First you're talking about they are supporting it. Now your argument is they hyped it? So which is it?
My point is they are interchangeable. I clearly stated that. Re-read if you don't understand. You can hype it, you can support it, you can support yourself by saying you'll support it and in turn you are hyping it in the media. It's all the same. They are saying they will support .50 and already put time and effort to making parts. If that doesn't make you think .50 is going to make it I don't know what would. There is no reason Planet Eclipse couldn't have pulled a Tippman move and said "We'll wait and see."
__________________
+100 || Annual Supporting Member Council || -0
Flawless Victory

Last edited by whiteyg0tgame : 10-12-2009 at 01:19 PM.
whiteyg0tgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:26 PM #50
georgeyew
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
I've spent too much $$ on my current .68 equipment to switch over completely. So for right now, I don't mind if other people are shooting at me with smaller paintballs that don't hurt as much. But I will still be shooting back at them with my normal .68 paintballs!
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump