Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 PM #1
the PMR guy

The truth about .50

ok, so like everyone else in the paintball industry, i was sceptical about the .50 situaltion. While i was at cup, i asked the manager of the booth "so, i have heard all of the arguments against .50 cal. paint. tell me why i should switch." his responce was unexpected, and through me off guard. "Ok, tell me the arguments, and i will tell you the truth about them." so, i asked the following questions.-

accuracy
Q-"with a smaller ball, i dont think the ball will make it across the field, and if it does it wont have enough energy or ball on ball acuracy as a .68 cal ball."

A- The balls are smaller and that give it more precision. Chris lasoya used this gun and shot a guy in the face 5 times from across the field. all broke and they all were ball on ball accurate. let me take you over here and let you shoot one." we went to a shootimg booth, and i was imressed with the accureacy. it was a 30 foot booth, but i could definentaly see the difference in accuracy.

kick
while i was in the booth, the gun i was shooting had NO KICK. The bolt has less mass to push, so it doesnt have a recoil.

hoppers
Q-"will my hopper run this paint"
A- you will have to modify it, or buy one made for the .50 cal. the range will be between $40-$90. $40 will get an adjetated hopper and it runs faster than a .68 cal hopper (didnt see the hopper, so im not sure as to the validity of the statement) and $90 will get you a high end hopper."

*i saw a picture of the prototype hopper, and it looks like it has a torque design with a rotor shell.

paint splat size
Q-"since the ball is smaller, the splat will be less. how much less will it be?"
A- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iEaf...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LePFytcdYfw this is a video on chris lasoyas take of .50 cal. he is not sponcored or payed by anyone in the .50 cal industry so this is his genuine opinion
5:30- the end
the PMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2009, 07:16 PM #2
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
30 ft ??? thats very short

breaking on a hard surface like a mask isn't that big of a concern. How does it break on the body??

What did it do at 150 ft???

Judging by the splat size .68 left about 3-4 times the area using the grid pattern in the video. Why did they use tippy68 and spyder and mini why no top guns since the DYE and Angle are making conversion kits??

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 PM #3
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by iboomalot View Post
30 ft ??? thats very short

breaking on a hard surface like a mask isn't that big of a concern. How does it break on the body??

What did it do at 150 ft???

Judging by the splat size .68 left about 3-4 times the area using the grid pattern in the video. Why did they use tippy68 and spyder and mini why no top guns since the DYE and Angle are making conversion kits??
good point
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 PM #4
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I also noticed the .68 cal balls are coming from the bottom and the .50cal coming from the upper right corner in the video on youtube.

Seems kinda wierd wonder if someone from GI could comment on that

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:33 PM #5
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
.50 wont work the even lied to the op about the fps
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:50 PM #6
cockerman1417
Blind kids hate you too

cockerman1417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cockerman1417 posts videos on PbNation
cockerman1417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cockerman1417 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My main concern is how this paint will perform from corner to corner.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:22 PM #7
etannate777
Dside Media

etannate777 plays in the PSP
etannate777 plays in the APPA D2 division
that video of GI mislim shooting the .68s and .50s I would like for them to have a better view of the gun shooting. Not just of the target.
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phillipians 4:13
etannate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:28 PM #8
Dustinkwon
~~~~IRONMEN FTW!!!!~~~~

Dustinkwon supports Team VICIOUS
mehhhh it sounds convincing but not enough hahhaha

RARE HP CROSSFIRE 45/4500 HYDRO: 1/07 (PICS AND VID!!!!) CUMMM AND GETT ITTTT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69493816

UL'D PM7 FOR SALE ONLY! (ORANGE BOLT and CP SLING!) (PICS AND VID!!)(FULL SETUP F/S!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post69494548
Dustinkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:48 PM #9
the PMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinkwon View Post
mehhhh it sounds convincing but not enough hahhaha
ya. what i saw led to inconclusive results, so im not for it or against it as of now.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:14 AM #10
josh442

josh442 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
learn how to spell! Accuracy! Impressed! skeptical! You look like a retard when you can't spell!
MI #44
Action Star Games
Mountain View Paintball
Almost Famous Photography
josh442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:34 AM #11
the PMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh442 View Post
learn how to spell! Accuracy! Impressed! skeptical! You look like a retard when you can't spell!
When I wrote this, it was 10 minutes after I came back from cup. I had 3 hours of sleep before I played ( went to bed early but had a cold and could fall asleep) and a headache that was very painful. Images sorry for the grammer errors and will focus on spelling more than getting data out to the public next time.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:42 AM #12
Reaper595
CC VIM Media

Reaper595 is a Paintball photographer
Reaper595 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by the PMR guy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LePFytcdYfw this is a video on chris lasoyas take of .50 cal. he is not sponcored or payed by anyone in the .50 cal industry so this is his genuine opinion
5:30- the end

seriously? chris lasoya is a great friend of richmond italia and works for GI Milsim as a representative and consultant.

R.I.P. Dennis
Reaper595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 AM #13
the PMR guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper595 View Post
seriously? chris lasoya is a great friend of richmond italia and works for GI Milsim as a representative and consultant.
Um... Nvm
Old 10-11-2009, 06:31 PM #14
flippedout

Quote:

A- The balls are smaller and that give it more precision. Chris lasoya used this gun and shot a guy in the face 5 times from across the field. all broke and they all were ball on ball accurate. let me take you over here and let you shoot one." we went to a shootimg booth, and i was imressed with the accureacy. it was a 30 foot booth, but i could definentaly see the difference in accuracy.
He's WRONG. The precision (or more aptly its accuracy) has NOTHING to do with diameter of a projectile. It has a lot to do with roundness/size consistency of the ball, weather conditions, and consistency of the speed it leaves the barrel.

Quote:
while i was in the booth, the gun i was shooting had NO KICK. The bolt has less mass to push, so it doesnt have a recoil.
Not true. Any object that has mass WILL have a recoil (per Newton's Law). Granted it will be less but it HAS to be there.

Can we get an person with an actual scientific background to field these questions please, and not so many people whith hidden financial agendas?
flippedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:52 PM #15
Lohman446

At ten yards telling me it is ball on ball accurate for an extended string instantly brings your quality of observation into question. Then the same people tell me its just as accurate a thirty yards. Give me a break - I would not expect that out of a smooth bore musket firing let alone a smooth bore (because spin does not stabilize a paintball) paintball marker firing a liquid filled gelatin capsule.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote