PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 AM #1
dementedgerbil
0_o

Fill

so ive seen alot of complaints and questions on splat size etc.

but im wondering about fill chemistry.

since there will be less fill and a smaller splat this seems to raise a wiping issue. what my primary question is that i am wondering if anybody knows of any new fills in development that say may "harden-ish" on impact when exposed to air so that the splat stays in place until the fill is washed off off field?

anything like this maybe?

other then that im all down for .50 pump play ^_^

Hotrod Red Karni pump F/S
dementedgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 AM #2
p.lovell
Historically Slow

Annual Supporting Member
p.lovell plays in the PSP
p.lovell plays in the MiLP
p.lovell supports Team VICIOUS
p.lovell is an NCPA player
p.lovell is All In
Actually, after shooting the "Nano" .50 cal at World Cup yesterday, I can say this won't be a problem. They have allowed people to hold the paintballs, as well as shoot them. The paintballs are completely filled with paint, unlike .68 caliber, which were only about half filled. So in reality, even though the paintballs are smaller, there will be the same amount of splatter.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:47 AM #3
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
comparing GI's own video on youtube the splat size is proportional to the dia of the ball

if the grid was 12" x 12" the .68 was a 9 -10" circle vs 6-7" for the .50cal Good size splatter on a target but smaller by a good 20-25%

I can post a comparison if you want but how it marks on a person vs a flat surface is important too.

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:01 PM #4
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.lovell View Post
Actually, after shooting the "Nano" .50 cal at World Cup yesterday, I can say this won't be a problem. They have allowed people to hold the paintballs, as well as shoot them. The paintballs are completely filled with paint, unlike .68 caliber, which were only about half filled. So in reality, even though the paintballs are smaller, there will be the same amount of splatter.
.68 paint is definitely NOT just half-full. if it was, you wouldn't be able to hit **** because it would spin all over the place.

also, any chance you were able to shoot it over a chrono to see if it was actually shooting the same velocity they claimed it was?
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote