Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 PM #1
EHokie

Newbie: Stupid question, I'm sure.

I'm fairly new to the sport. A couple weeks ago, I cut the forehead protector of my Brass Eagle by Z Leader mask (that's permanent now).

Went out and played with only a thin beanie and my mask for headgear, and took one off the forehead. Left a bruise for the remainder of the day, and hurt for several days after.

Any way to keep this mask and avoid (or not worry about) more shots to the forehead?
EHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 PM #2
AtLp8baLL3r
Who Wants Watermelon?

AtLp8baLL3r helped look for balloons
AtLp8baLL3r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AtLp8baLL3r plays in the APPA beginner division
Wear a sandana, headband, hat.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 AM #3
D-Paint

Quote:
Wear a sandana, headband, hat.

or, I believe walmart has a JT mask for $17... someone that I know picked it up for their kid and its pretty decent for the price, and its about the same you would pay for a sandana.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 AM #4
EHokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Paint View Post

or, I believe walmart has a JT mask for $17... someone that I know picked it up for their kid and its pretty decent for the price, and its about the same you would pay for a sandana.
The Raptor?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:40 PM #5
NadeMagnet

Dude you seem to want to stick to masks that are very cheap. They're that cheap for a reason. I get you wanting to save money but you shouldn't do it with your mask. Get something nicer and you won't have to worry about anything. Comfort is key your wearing it all day. How can you be comfortable in masks like those? You don't even have to pay a lot if your willing to buy used gear.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:34 PM #6
EHokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadeMagnet View Post
Dude you seem to want to stick to masks that are very cheap. They're that cheap for a reason. I get you wanting to save money but you shouldn't do it with your mask. Get something nicer and you won't have to worry about anything. Comfort is key your wearing it all day. How can you be comfortable in masks like those? You don't even have to pay a lot if your willing to buy used gear.
I'm open for suggestion examples, if you have any?
Old 10-06-2009, 01:31 PM #7
proto_oli
INERTIA

proto_oli plays in the PSP
proto_oli supports DLX Technology
vforce grill
Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 PM #8
YUMMY_YUM
Copenhagen blunts

YUMMY_YUM supports Team VICIOUS
YUMMY_YUM is for the Gunfight
Look around for masks.. Online stores and stuff.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:36 PM #9
Magmoormaster
aka Maggy Moo

Best mask for a budget is the Vforce Vantage.
Magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 PM #10
NadeMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHokie View Post
I'm open for suggestion examples, if you have any?
I've worn those cheap jt kinds, extreme rage 20/20, proto switch fs and axis, and dye i3pros.

The jt's were a joke. Nuff said
Had to cut foam out of the nose of the 20/20 and they weren't very comfortable and had fogging issues requiring me to run the loud fan that had to be ran constantly to do anything.
The proto switch fs is good. The proto axis is also good but not as comfortable on me then my switch for some reason which helps makes my final point below.
I wear the i3s as my primary and like it the best.

You know what all that info does for you? Nothing. It's just my opinion and you don't own my head or face. You need to try some on even if you have to take a road trip to the closest pb store. My point about the switch and axis is that the axis was the latest model and cost twice as much as the switch. Yet for me the switch is a better mask. You can't get good info online when it comes to what mask cause confort is the most import thing and that's something you have to feel for yourself.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:39 PM #11
caseyl1111
Mob

caseyl1111 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
caseyl1111 supports Bob Gurnsey
caseyl1111 is an NCPA player
caseyl1111 plays in the APPA D4 division
caseyl1111 supports DLX Technology
Flex. Best mask ever created.
caseyl1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM #12
02zx9r

02zx9r donated to help Peyton Trent
02zx9r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
02zx9r supports Bob Gurnsey
02zx9r supports our troops
My buddy got one of the jt mask from Dicks sporting goods, paid $45 and it always fogged up on him. He tried on my grill and immediately fell in love with it. He just got a grill the other day and hasnt regretted it since

Like Nade said, I tired on a couple different mask and for me it was the grill that was most comfortable and had the best vision for ME
02zx9r is offline   Reply With Quote