Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 AM #22
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!
 
lioutlaws316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: longisland
lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
Don't worry, Fuby, you aren't alone in here.

The fact that the Gardners have a hand in it at all makes me a bit suspicious, nevermind the numbers and science that can't be proven until the stuff is actually released. So again like the First Strike rounds and many things before them, I'll reserve judgement until I can shoot these side by side against what we already have.
but whos going to get hit with them ?
__________________
Girl <3 >>Empire2k5<<
I LIKE THAT
I LOVE SELENA GOMEZ
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 AM #23
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517lim View Post
I think tournaments allowing both .50 and .68 will be retarded. With a hopper of 400 balls you can hold a lane twice as long as someone with 200 balls.
You can hold a lane with an electronic marker much better than with a blowback spyder, but both are allowed.
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 AM #24
IntenseImage
Death Dealer
 
IntenseImage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northampton, PA
IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
You can also slap the nose on the Pinokio hopper to hold your lane longer ... or start podding up while your shooting ... or get the larger hopper shell ...

Kids dont think these days
__________________
IntenseImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 AM #25
CrazyDriver84
I Snipe with PSP Mode
 
CrazyDriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Plymouth, MI
Annual Supporting Member
CrazyDriver84 supports Sherwood Forest
CrazyDriver84 supports Sherwood Forest
CrazyDriver84 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
Don't worry, Fuby, you aren't alone in here.

The fact that the Gardners have a hand in it at all makes me a bit suspicious, nevermind the numbers and science that can't be proven until the stuff is actually released. So again like the First Strike rounds and many things before them, I'll reserve judgement until I can shoot these side by side against what we already have.
For the record the first strike rounds actually do work. My team is sponsored by Tiberius so they gave us a few to try out. They shoot farther and flatter than a regular paintball. Kinda sweet, but they only work in a Tiberius.


As for .50 cal. It's been done before. I don't see how this "revolution" will be any different this time around. You can't change physics.
CrazyDriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 AM #26
doimakeurandy311
jew tech
 
doimakeurandy311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517lim View Post
I think tournaments allowing both .50 and .68 will be retarded. With a hopper of 400 balls you can hold a lane twice as long as someone with 200 balls.
THANK YOU!
doimakeurandy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:33 AM #27
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!
 
lioutlaws316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: longisland
lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_BC_08 View Post
Why not have a tournament run two different "divisions" with marker restrictions:
The one we're all familiar with
.68 markers and (specific) hoppers
-and-
a slightly cheaper one with
.50 markers (retro-fitted included) and .50 hoppers.
I mean there is already certain equipment restrictions in PSP, etc. so why not take that a step further with the .50cal paint. and make a 'seperate but equal' and cheaper tournament scene.
Just my 2cents :p
ya i like
__________________
Girl <3 >>Empire2k5<<
I LIKE THAT
I LOVE SELENA GOMEZ
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:34 AM #28
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioutlaws316 View Post
ya i like
Because it's hard enough already to get enough teams to run a tournament with one caliber division.
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 AM #29
osckey123
Definition of Class
 
osckey123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Miami, Florida
osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioutlaws316 View Post
ya i like
Why? There's simply no reason for that. If you are going to create new divisions for everybody that has a different piece of equipment then good luck to you because its really unnecessary.
__________________
I LOVE NEWCASTLE

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 AM #30
bigman1416
Make'n you look good!
 
bigman1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 has been a member for 10 years
bigman1416 is a Paintball photographer
bigman1416 is playing at Living Legends III
Yeah no, that's the worse possible case, .68 and .50 have to be playable on the same field, it's the only way it will work for fields and events.

Also First Strike rounds do work, it's actually scary how well they work. 200'+ shots, accurate... That's a game changer, if they weren't so damn expensive and kits so expensive.
__________________
Reflex Photography
Giving more tools to the field owners and players.
Available for events!
Officially Against the .50 "Revolution"
Don't believe the hype, not new, not the fix.
bigman1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 AM #31
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman1416 View Post
Yeah no, that's the worse possible case, .68 and .50 have to be playable on the same field, it's the only way it will work for fields and events.

Also First Strike rounds do work, it's actually scary how well they work. 200'+ shots, accurate... That's a game changer, if they weren't so damn expensive and kits so expensive.
Undoubtedly, someone will copy them, and the prices will come down, at least until Tiberius gets a patent and starts asserting it.
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 AM #32
shredxcam
 
 
shredxcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las vegas
wheres cockerpunk to do the tests for us?
__________________
Ahhhhhhhhhh cats everywhere
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:41 AM #33
visor
Samurai
 
visor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lee's Summit, Mo
visor supports Cereal Killerz 2
visor is playing at Living Legends III
visor is playing at Living Legends VII
visor supports Empire
Cockerpunk is banned from PbNation
__________________
St. Louis Samurai

Company's that I support: Ninja Paintball, Techt, Lurker, Pinokio
visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 AM #34
justin salas
 
 
justin salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kissimmee
justin salas supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by osckey123 View Post
Just because .50 is available does not mean that PSP and USPL/NPPL are going to throw out .68 and make everybody switch. It's litteraly a matter of preference. In fact, start thinking about .50 as an upgrade option for your gun.

The most common complaint going around right now is that many players here feel that now they have to go buy all new guns and that their previous gun is now obselete. Paint companies, National Events, nor gun companies have any motif to toss .68 out the door. In fact, their is no reason you can't play both with .50 and .68 in the same tournament.

I hope that if there are any logical arguments why .50 caliber is such a bad thing, please speak out here.

And for the record, I don't like a lot of change in my life either, but this doesn't look half bad at all.
The most sense ive heard someone make out of the whole .5 cal deal. its so simple i feel stupid for not thinking of it lol

making seperate divisions would be stupid. like we really need more complications.
justin salas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:24 AM #35
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
wheres cockerpunk to do the tests for us?
I think he's working on it, based on a post I saw on another forum.
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 AM #36
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvertboy View Post
And you figured this out how? Hmm, GI milsim says they go farther, you say that .68 goes farther. I think I'll trust Mr. Italia over you.
So because Mr Italia told you they are better, with no stats or facts, you immediately take his words as gospel?
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 AM #37
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*
 
Castro #66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDriver84 View Post
For the record the first strike rounds actually do work. My team is sponsored by Tiberius so they gave us a few to try out. They shoot farther and flatter than a regular paintball. Kinda sweet, but they only work in a Tiberius.


As for .50 cal. It's been done before. I don't see how this "revolution" will be any different this time around. You can't change physics.
Wade, I'm surely familiar with those rounds, and have personally tested them myself. While I can't agree that they shoot flatter, they do have a longer "point blank" range, as well as overall. I can't honestly say that they're much better in terms of accuracy than some of the paint I've shot in my life, but with limited First Strike resources, I've yet to have a chance to prove it either way.
__________________
Certified Master Airsmith
Airsmithing & 3rd Party Shipping - PM for details
Can't we all just play Paintball?


Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:28 AM #38
LIhazard
 
 
LIhazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Less paint =easier to cheat
__________________
I'm selling a 2007 PMR with a cp drop forward, Metal end cap, and dye clamping feedneck. It also comes with invert reloader 2 sound activated hopper PM me if interested
LIhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 AM #39
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIhazard View Post
Less paint =easier to cheat
In almost every type of game other than tournaments with tons of refs around, you can pretty much get away with cheating 100% of the time now, unless people actually see the ball hit you. There's no "easier" than 100%.

Less paint also equals less paint on bunkers, so less confusion with refs about bunker rub.
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 AM #40
bigman1416
Make'n you look good!
 
bigman1416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 has been a member for 10 years
bigman1416 is a Paintball photographer
bigman1416 is playing at Living Legends III
As the PSP rules stand they no longer rely on the mark, it's refs discretion, if he saw a hit on a hopper but it sprayed off you don't get a free pass. In rec/scenario where the the player ref ratio is 100:1 or 50:1 at best 25:1 it's going to be tricky and will have an effect on players since scenario relies alot on player refs and self checking, the lack of fill may create a bit of confusion on finding hits, it's one reason I don't like it for scenario, not alot of paint and the stuff already doesn't spread well on some of the things players wear. But if they're using the best fill (Hellfire) it'll make up for it, some what.
__________________
Reflex Photography
Giving more tools to the field owners and players.
Available for events!
Officially Against the .50 "Revolution"
Don't believe the hype, not new, not the fix.
bigman1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:58 AM #41
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996
 
steve_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Does this game really need another divide in it?
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:04 AM #42
ctleach308
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Because it's hard enough already to get enough teams to run a tournament with one caliber division.
^this
ctleach308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump