Old 10-08-2009, 01:31 AM #1
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
.50 cal supporters

There are players out there that support or at least welcome the idea of the .50 paintball... This is a thread for you guys.

Why do you support the .50 cal paintball, what benefits you see?
What concerns do you have with the new .50 round?
What suggestions or input do you have for manufactures such as MI, SP, Dye and PE?

for those of you who do not want to support the .50 cal round, feel free to post but please be civil and mature... inflammatory posts from either party will be reported. let's keep this thread open so that people can discuss the future of our sport with intelligence.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 AM #2
*xball16
Voice activatied

.50 is just another way to play, just like pump, milsim, and tourny ballling. It wont hurt anything expect HavoKroosters feelings.

Element Paintball: My girlfriend says she loves DP.
*xball16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:25 AM #3
nevekd128

Quote:
Originally Posted by *xball16 View Post
.50 is just another way to play, just like pump, milsim, and tourny ballling. It wont hurt anything expect HavoKroosters feelings.
maybe 50 could be used in begginer stuff, cheaper, and more to come by, while 68 can be for the "purist"
i Support 50 cal if i can by an entry level electro under 150 =]
nevekd128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:29 AM #4
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

considering the prices of some of the latest low end electros (Mini, Rail, Spyders) I think that is entirely in the realm of possibility
Old 10-08-2009, 03:00 AM #5
Fox
www.purepwnage.com

has been a member for 10 years
I believe the .50 cal idea has the greatest long-term benefits for the sport. For me, I want something that's going to keep me going to the field every weekend. The players that I see dropping out, have problems affording each week of play. They lose interest in the game because they are forced to buy less paint while trying to keep up with a fast paced, heavy shooting game. With .50 balls, I'll be able to play more games, shoot the way I want to shoot, develop proper in-game strategies instead of worrying about conserving paint so I won't be forced to stop playing after 3 games. I've done the 500 balls a day game. Honestly, I enjoyed it but players don't like the idea of playing with me on their team because they know I can't lane for them or throw paint to keep an opposing player in their bunker. Paint sponsorships are becoming scarce, once a team loses the great deals they used to get on paint you'll see half the team drop out. It was fun shooting two cases a practice for $35.00 with free admission with the field sponsorship, those days are over.

Manufacturers are pushing this cheaper ball. They've already told us one of the main motives behind the .50 call push is because they want to lower the prices of paint, and they've found a cheaper way to make the new .50 paintball. That's all I need to hear for me to be sold on the idea. The insane increase in air efficiency, ball on ball accuracy, lighter future setups, etc; these are just bonuses for me. We've reached the .68 threshold, it's time to tap into the technology advancements .50 will offer.

I want companies to push this idea as hard as they can, make it work. Conversion kits will be out, you won't have to dump gear, let the switch be gradual and try it out, don't blindly push this idea away. In the end, we'll get more people out on the fields every weekend because they can afford the weekly rate.

VIRTUE
Feedback
1UP ARMY

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:51 AM #6
Brad Cochran

Brad Cochran donated to help Peyton Trent
Brad Cochran owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If it is going to lower cost of paint and they are going to make it comparable to the performance of 68 cal then why not? Also if people are worried about the ball not having the same range so what if your in a game or tourney then you know every one will have to have 50 cal so no one has more range on you right? I would also think that for a 50 cal playing field the dimensions would change ie shorter fields so that you can still hit all bunkers from anywhere on the field. I would love to get 2 times the balls for the same price i pay now plus the added capacity to my hopper and pods. or look at it this way front players you can go out with half the pods on your back and a smaller lower profile hopper. And like people have said they are not just going to quite making 68 cal balls cause that would just kill the sport all together i would see it possible phasing out over a long period of time but by no means would it happen over night. Do you think the industry is really just going to shoot itself in the foot? of course not they are trying to expand and prosper.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:45 PM #7
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

First off, Im a fan of the .50 cal so far, and I havent had a chance to test it. The other thing is, sorry Im about to vent, why the hell are people using the saying "if its not broke dont fix it". Would you say that about ANY other advancement in anything? If that was the case we would still have Ford Model A's and phones with chords. Ok, sorry, now I am liking the efficiency the best out of the .50 cal, and the fact that paintballs will be cheaper. I hate refilling air after every game with my 48/3k. Granted I could get a bigger tank but Im not going to drop $150 on a tank period. I just cant wait to actually get my hands on one of these things and do some testing.
nePhantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 PM #8
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

all good stuff

I am all for the claims if they are true (and from the testimonials of the people with actual experience with the NEW .50 they ARE true)
the biggest gain for me is the space... ability to carry and shoot mroe than twice the paint on you using the same equipment is pretty awesome.