PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-07-2009, 12:37 AM #22
joshisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
I was looking at getting a Blackberry with unlimited data. I guess it's the same price as the iPhone data plan though... that makes sense.
except with verizon with the blackberry package the 30bux covers unlimited messaging of all kinds with the i phone plan it doesnt cover it the hit u up for another 10bux a month
joshisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2009, 10:35 AM #23
CAHunter3
Captain America

Alright, so I'm on AT&T, always have been. I have a Blackjack2. This seems like it would work for me. Would it?

Alrighty, well I went in yesterday and signed up for that dealio. We'll see when the bill comes in whether or not I'm gonna have to pay for the data I've been using.

Last edited by CAHunter3 : 06-28-2009 at 12:54 PM.
CAHunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:35 PM #24
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

has been a member for 10 years
TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHunter3 View Post
Alright, so I'm on AT&T, always have been. I have a Blackjack2. This seems like it would work for me. Would it?

Alrighty, well I went in yesterday and signed up for that dealio. We'll see when the bill comes in whether or not I'm gonna have to pay for the data I've been using.
I'm planning on doing this for my Blackjack 2 when it comes in later this week. Let me know how it works.
TESlight'emupTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 PM #25
Young_Grasshopper
BMW ///M POWER

Young_Grasshopper is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHunter3 View Post

As long as you signed up for the $10/$15 per month unlimited data and NOT the iPhone data package, you should be fine.
Young_Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 PM #26
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Okay so say I already have a phone, can I skip the "order a new phone" step and just go in and tell them I want to add unlimited mutlimedia for $10 a month, and then when my Blackjack 2 comes in, switch the SIM card?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:47 PM #27
Young_Grasshopper
BMW ///M POWER

Quote:
Okay so say I already have a phone, can I skip the "order a new phone" step and just go in and tell them I want to add unlimited mutlimedia for $10 a month, and then when my Blackjack 2 comes in, switch the SIM card?
yeah, if you mean switch the sim card INTO the iphone.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 PM #28
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Grasshopper View Post
yeah, if you mean switch the sim card INTO the iphone.
Yeah, like I would go in with an older phone (Phone A) and get the $10 a month data plan and then come home and take the SIM card out of Phone A and put it into my Blackjack 2.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 PM #29
Raines8416
~!@#$%^&*()_+

Raines8416 is a Supporting Member
So you get $10 unlimited data for your iPhone, by purchasing a new phone with a sim card for "free". But the only way to get the phone for "free" is by signing a 2 year contract for the new phone.
So what are you gonna do about this 2 years of service you just signed up for to get the "free" sim card? I guess this only works if you dont already have their service, else you'll just be paying for an additional phone you wont be using.

Pretty much to get this to work, you have to be a new costumer. Get a free phone with 2 years of service, then buy an iPhone from ebay so that its contract free?

The screenshots just confuse me I guess. Why does it show the device as an iPhone, shouldn't it show up as whatever phone you stole the sim card from? Wouldn't the lack of iPhone data plan make you lose features like visual voicemail?

.: Hi. My name is Raines. :.

Last edited by Raines8416 : 07-03-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Raines8416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:25 PM #30
smelly taco (Banned)

ATT constantly updates your account by seeing the imei of the last phone used to make a call/ text/ internet.
smelly taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 PM #31
Young_Grasshopper
BMW ///M POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines8416 View Post
So you get $10 unlimited data for your iPhone, by purchasing a new phone with a sim card for "free". But the only way to get the phone for "free" is by signing a 2 year contract for the new phone.
So what are you gonna do about this 2 years of service you just signed up for to get the "free" sim card? I guess this only works if you dont already have their service, else you'll just be paying for an additional phone you wont be using.

Pretty much to get this to work, you have to be a new costumer. Get a free phone with 2 years of service, then buy an iPhone from ebay so that its contract free?

The screenshots just confuse me I guess. Why does it show the device as an iPhone, shouldn't it show up as whatever phone you stole the sim card from? Wouldn't the lack of iPhone data plan make you lose features like visual voicemail?
No, that's wrong, you can add unlimited data to your existing plan, buy an iPhone on ebay, and swap out the SIM cards. You don't have to be a new customer.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 PM #32
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly taco View Post
ATT constantly updates your account by seeing the imei of the last phone used to make a call/ text/ internet.
So everything posted in this thread is entirely false?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:32 PM #33
CAHunter3
Captain America

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Yeah, like I would go in with an older phone (Phone A) and get the $10 a month data plan and then come home and take the SIM card out of Phone A and put it into my Blackjack 2.
Exactly.

Quote:
So everything posted in this thread is entirely false?
No. Even though they can tell what phone you're using, they won't necessarily change your plan automatically. I've been using mine for a couple of weeks, and it's still registering correctly online, saying that I have unlimited data. But I tell ya, if somehow my data plan invalidates, I'm gonna have to pay for a LOT of kb. But I don't think it will. I'm pretty sure everything is gonna work fine.

The biggest deal is with the iPhone. That's the phone that they really try to enforce the $30 data plan with when you buy it in-store. Because when I went in to get the $10 plan, he didn't question for a second about what phone I had. He just made sure I was on a family plan and then put it on.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Especially if you're using a BJ2 (like I am).

EDIT: But I guess if you don't have the Unlimited Messaging Family Plan, it becomes $15. But if you have the unlimited messaging, it's $10. Just read it on the site.

Last edited by CAHunter3 : 07-05-2009 at 02:35 PM.
CAHunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:24 PM #34
Jones Paintball

In the whole truth, you're tricking/cheating AT&T....

Many people are doing it, but if they ever find out.... You're screwed.
Jones Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:31 PM #35
Young_Grasshopper
BMW ///M POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones Paintball View Post

They can't raise rates without your consent. It says that in the contract.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:01 PM #36
Beetle Bailey (Banned)
Ari Gold

I'm a Rogers Rep (AT&T), I know Rogers doesn't really do anything if you're cheating the system (we sometimes let people know of the loop holes like this). I have no clue about AT&T's policies though.
Beetle Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM #37
CAHunter3
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones Paintball View Post

It's not like they can sue you. You aren't breaching the contract in any way. It's simply taking advantage of an opportunity that they left open.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:10 PM #38
xAWx

no buy an iphone and go in say ur iphone broke and u are now using a slider or sumthing...and u can cancel internet after 1 month on ur iphone
xAWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:17 AM #39
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Grasshopper View Post
No, that's wrong, you can add unlimited data to your existing plan, buy an iPhone on ebay, and swap out the SIM cards. You don't have to be a new customer.
If you buy an iphone off ebay you might just as well buy it from att and get insurance, i mean iphone 3gs are like 600+ and store 200 you spend 20 more each month (or less if you got family plan) so in 24x20 its 480 so its about the same but its better pay 80 more nad get waranty if soemthing happens...

That is the key to life."
Karnivor'sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 AM #40
roflcakes

roflcakes supports Team VICIOUS
Or if you are going to be around wifi all the time you can do what i did and pay $0 a month for my iphone
roflcakes is offline   Reply With Quote