Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2009, 02:31 AM #22
effectpaul

1) 2 match each event - dont care if i get bye events or shorter match times but drivng 3+ hours each way to play 1 hour is not ideal.
2) 12-13 BPS - the whole world has cut the rate of fire, and it make sense. "real xball" was never 15 BPS it was semi
effectpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 AM #23
YUP U R DEAD

um idk if this would be at all possibal but i would like to see names on the jerseys next year lol
Swashbucklers 2011 #18 (RandM)
Owego OUTCAST 2010 #18 (nypl)
Owego OUTCAST 2009 #8 (mxl)
Absolute Zero 2008 #18
YUP U R DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:09 AM #24
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUP U R DEAD View Post
um idk if this would be at all possibal but i would like to see names on the jerseys next year lol
With roster turnover that won't happen.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:01 AM #25
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by effectpaul View Post
1) 2 match each event - dont care if i get bye events or shorter match times but drivng 3+ hours each way to play 1 hour is not ideal.
2) 12-13 BPS - the whole world has cut the rate of fire, and it make sense. "real xball" was never 15 BPS it was semi
2 matches, yes. Shorter match times to make that happen, no.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:41 AM #26
derder Joe
DirtNap.com

derder Joe plays in the PSP
derder Joe posts videos on PbNation
derder Joe is an NCPA player
derder Joe is an NCPA National Champion
liked:
games run on time as usual.
free water and fruit
field layouts
fantasypb tent

need to be changed:
- twice at sodus?
-reffs play in mxl?
- the stupid worthless god damn flag plain rule. yo can't give us back cases of paint. dont take away a point we earned because the flag "went out of bounds". if you touch the flag to the thing it should instantly end the point right there. MITCH are my the only one who sees this? seriously. this is an issue.
- reffs that pay attention to EVERYTHING, and not just one side. they should know paintball situations too. i just laugh when a reff pulls someone for what is clearly rub to a players in the game.

HK
Planet Eclipse
derder Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:43 AM #27
phuct
PSN: CASWELLHOUSE

kinda scattered thoughts here

reffing,
a little more consistent on a per field basis. If field one and three have seperate ideas on certain cals, fine. but fromside toside on one field the "discretion" should be consistent. also withe the hand through the net rule. i was positive that that rule was changed at the begginnning of the season to allow for some leeway with your hand, but if your foot goes out, you are out of bounds. but at e4 it went back to last years ruling of everything is out.

penalties, penalty clock. there should be some sort of timer in the penalty box to allow for players to be able to know when th epenalty is up. from the box it was very difficult to see the clock and i wittnessed ALOT of players coming out early, sometimes resulting in nothing, sometimes another penalty (2 and 5 ) some players got ejected from games. ive seen the consequence change from one side of the field to the next in a match.

matches, i think it is aggreed tha most of us want doubles at every event.
my thought:
now with 16 teams in each division (axbl/mxl/rxl) if we stayed with 4 events you would have 7 matches.duh. that would give 3 doubles and a single. better for sure. now look into where teams are based out of and try to schedule the single to the closest event to them.
would one inter conference match be doable, giving teams the elusive 2 match per event.

curious as to how the 3 division is going to work out next year as well.
my thoughts
for conversation sake eastern ad western conference.
saturday play,3 fields as usual. Eastern only
rxl plays field one
mxl plays field 2
axbl plays field 3
sunday would be the same but with the western teams, on the same fields as to keep the same reff staff per division.

i think it should be 4 different locations.
maybe
maynard for mass, matts or hogans in connecticut, upstate NY, all american for the western teams. sorry for anyone driving up from the mid atlantic. this puts a little more travel on the league by not having 2 events near the headquarters, but it would give more exposure to the league. matnard had a ton of spectators outside of league players compared to te rest pf the events this year and last. i know in mass the desire to get into the league grew a bunch after that event.

cost, make it free we play paintball, isnt that enough for a free ride

snatchin kisses whenever i can....... and vice versa

Last edited by phuct : 09-27-2009 at 11:53 AM.
phuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 PM #28
enviousjohn

enviousjohn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
enviousjohn posts videos on PbNation
enviousjohn is reppin' sidebar 4 life
enviousjohn has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Joe hit it on the head:

Change the flag hang/breaking the plane rule!

This isn't soccer, where the point is to use as much finesse and skill as possible to get a ball into a goal. You don't have to get the flag past a goalkeeper or anything. Push the flag into the nets and call the point.

All it's doing now is sending the refs on a power trip. It's arbitrary and dumb. If your team just shot five people, you managed to not get shot and you bring the flag down and touch it to the station, who cares if the force of your arm thrusting forward moves it six inches over the line? A) When the flag touches net, the point should be over, and B) again, it's not anything like scoring a soccer goal from out of bounds. The flag hang is little more than symbolic. I've seen players hold back from an all out dash to score a tying point because they were worried about "breaking the plane". If anything, isn't it MORE dangerous to have someone careening towards the wooden part of the structure and trying to stop their mass on a dime? At least if you charge through a net you don't destroy a structure.

Don't negate the effort and hard work of teams by keeping this stupid rule.
enviousjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:56 PM #29
hany24

hany24 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hany24 supports DLX Technology
if there are 4 events again hold 2 in a more central location and maybe one up in maynard again and the other at all american
hany24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:42 PM #30
no_caffeine
EOMFD.

no_caffeine is a Paintball photographer
No more trips to Sodus, Please and Thank you. I rather go to Philly any day than go to Sodus again. Also Maynard I thought handled the AXBL very well considering the rain it got, maybe two events there would be good

I thought things went great this year I have one major suggestion.

-ALLSTAR GAME.
Please, please, PLEASE let the players play. What do I mean? Mitch, Travis, Burger- tell the reffs to only throw flags in order to keep control of the match. The amount of flags thrown in the Allstar game was ridiculous on both sides. I think Eastern played the entire match with a body in the box.

It's an Allstar game, there are no stats taken, it's just two teams of some of the best players that wanna have fun, but it's hard to have fun when you have to worry about flags flags flags, so maybe next year. Let them play it out on their own, so they play on with a hit on their pack; oh well, let it go.

See you all next year.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:47 PM #31
2$SmallHead
raidah bawl

2$SmallHead is a Paintball photographer
2$SmallHead posts videos on PbNation
2$SmallHead has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
My biggest suggestion would be to take away the exclusivity to the media rights that Hoofhearted and Blackline had.

The league is being denied additional exposure, the players are being denied more media of themselves, and most of all the photographers have no motivation to step their game up.

If it was more competitive, I believe everyone would benefit. There are good friends of mine who cover the media challenges for the league and their good work is being bludgeoned by the carelessness and mediocrity of the people in charge.

Don't get me wrong, Blackline does a great job but if they expanded their crew, there could be alot more of the event episodes being produced.

And Hoofhearted, well, they don't even cover all the matches. There should be pictures from every game when someone is given exclusive rights like they are. In addition to this, their work is sometimes very late, and sloppy. Not to mention if you wish to buy the photos taken it's downright expensive as heck.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:58 PM #32
hany24

hany24 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hany24 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2$SmallHead View Post
And Hoofhearted, well, they don't even cover all the matches. There should be pictures from every game when someone is given exclusive rights like they are.
hany24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 PM #33
raiderpaintball09

each event should be in a different location. maynard and all american were great locations, sodus may not be the best but its a traditional location, so id say leave it and for the fourth event have it some where new, there are so many good places that would love to host this event.

event 1- all american park- this event was really fun but very far for most we should get this event out of the way right away.

event 2- jersey? connecticut?

event 3- sodus

event 4- maynard
raiderpaintball09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM #34
Kr3wpaintball

Kr3wpaintball posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
My biggest suggestion would be to take away the exclusivity to the media rights that Hoofhearted and Blackline had.

And Hoofhearted, well, they don't even cover all the matches. There should be pictures from every game when someone is given exclusive rights like they are. In addition to this, their work is sometimes very late, and sloppy. Not to mention if you wish to buy the photos taken it's downright expensive as heck.
I agree with this guy. It gets worse though. Not only is his work late, sloppy, and expensive at times, but i got a team disc, that DID NOT have my team on it.. what's up with that? If your going to do it, at least do it right.
Kr3wpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:33 PM #35
brandonNicoll
www.Mattsoutback.com

brandonNicoll plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3wpaintball View Post
I agree with this guy. It gets worse though. Not only is his work late, sloppy, and expensive at times, but i got a team disc, that DID NOT have my team on it.. what's up with that? If your going to do it, at least do it right.
the truth.
brandonNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:34 PM #36
tnn balla

tnn balla owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tnn balla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tnn balla supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
I also agree with everything he is saying. In my opinion this guy is way over priced and the quality isnt even that great. If im paying as much as he wanted i would expect better quality photos.

tnn balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:09 PM #37
iRoNiQ

Nobody is forcing you to buy his work. Hire a different photographer if you have such an issue with him, wow.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:13 PM #38
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderpaintball09 View Post
each event should be in a different location. maynard and all american were great locations, sodus may not be the best but its a traditional location, so id say leave it and for the fourth event have it some where new, there are so many good places that would love to host this event.

event 1- all american park- this event was really fun but very far for most we should get this event out of the way right away.

event 2- jersey? connecticut?

event 3- sodus

event 4- maynard
that would be nice to have a event in Ct and i herd that the sodus place was closing i could be wrong
Old 09-27-2009, 06:30 PM #39
swilhelm
Web Geek

swilhelm is a Supporting Member
swilhelm donated to help Peyton Trent
swilhelm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
Nobody is forcing you to buy his work. Hire a different photographer if you have such an issue with him, wow.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:38 PM #40
2$SmallHead
raidah bawl

2$SmallHead is a Paintball photographer
2$SmallHead posts videos on PbNation
2$SmallHead has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Our player fees are what pays for the AXBL's staff, if I were running a league I would run it like a business; as that's what it is, and I would hire only the most competent and appreciated staff.

But what you turdburglars don't realize is you can't hire another photographer, this guy is the only person that they let on the field to take pictures. Do you even play AXBL? We are making valid points here, don't dismiss the facts and act like we're ungrateful. Try reading the thread before attacking people.

This goes to you too, swilhelm.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:47 PM #41
danbob1088
succisa virescit

Quote:

The league is being denied additional exposure, the players are being denied more media of themselves, and most of all the photographers have no motivation to step their game up.

If it was more competitive, I believe everyone would benefit. There are good friends of mine who cover the media challenges for the league and their good work is being bludgeoned by the carelessness and mediocrity of the people in charge.

Don't get me wrong, Blackline does a great job but if they expanded their crew, there could be alot more of the event episodes being produced.

You don't really understand how expensive real photos are, do you? The photos Don puts out are cheaper than what we put out, I believe, and there are more of them. I won't go into any other issues, but expensive they are not.

Quote:
Team disc thing I understand, expensive - no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnn balla View Post
I also agree with everything he is saying. In my opinion this guy is way over priced and the quality isnt even that great. If im paying as much as he wanted i would expect better quality photos.
Still not overpriced.

flickr
Old 09-27-2009, 06:49 PM #42
danbob1088
succisa virescit

Quote:
Yup.

Quote:
Our player fees are what pays for the AXBL's staff, if I were running a league I would run it like a business; as that's what it is, and I would hire only the most competent and appreciated staff.

But what you turdburglars don't realize is you can't hire another photographer, this guy is the only person that they let on the field to take pictures. Do you even play AXBL? We are making valid points here, don't dismiss the facts and act like we're ungrateful. Try reading the thread before attacking people.

This goes to you too, swilhelm.
Do you play AXBL? Joe and I at Visually Implied shot ALL YEAR LONG for ourselves, and we were for hire. We had media passes like anyone else. Dan from ETP shot as well as Jake Matheney. All of us were not associated at all with the league. We advertised about it and everything.

flickr