Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2009, 06:59 PM #1
Lord_of_Worr
Semper Paratus

Lord_of_Worr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lord_of_Worr owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Etek not sending enough air to solenoid - PLEASE HELP

The LPR is not sending much air at all to the solenoid and I have read the sticky threads about reg settings and such and something is still wrong. Air is coming through but not enough to open the valve when the gun fires. Am I missing something?
Lord_of_Worr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2009, 09:09 PM #2
embickillo
The one and only

embickillo donated to help Peyton Trent
embickillo supports Bob Gurnsey
Is it leaking? What exactly happens when you fire the gun? Does the bolt move at all?
embickillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:54 PM #3
Lord_of_Worr
Semper Paratus

There are no leaks. When I air up the marker, the bolt moves backward but it is really weak and I can push it forward with little effort. When I fire the gun, the noid clicks and there is a little movement in the bolt. However, the bolt does not make it to the poppet as the dwell runs out and the noid sends it back again. I have maxed out the dwell (just to make sure) and have fiddled with the LPR. The LRP is kinda tweaked also...it only has about 1/4 of a turn worth of adjustment. It has a "happy zone" and turning it more than a 1/4 turn in stops all air to the noid and turning more than 1/4 out makes no difference regardless of how far I back it out.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:07 AM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Is your LPR assembled correctly, with one gold spring on either side of the piston? Is the spring cup the right way round?
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 AM #5
Ti_G
Wait, what ?

Ti_G owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
^That or a pinched hose.
Ti_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 AM #6
probert

has been a member for 10 years
probert works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_of_Worr View Post
There are no leaks. When I air up the marker, the bolt moves backward but it is really weak and I can push it forward with little effort. When I fire the gun, the noid clicks and there is a little movement in the bolt. However, the bolt does not make it to the poppet as the dwell runs out and the noid sends it back again. I have maxed out the dwell (just to make sure) and have fiddled with the LPR. The LRP is kinda tweaked also...it only has about 1/4 of a turn worth of adjustment. It has a "happy zone" and turning it more than a 1/4 turn in stops all air to the noid and turning more than 1/4 out makes no difference regardless of how far I back it out.
Please check your rammer housing. It sounds like you have it installed upside down in the marker body.

Planet Eclipse Tech Support and Customer Service
email: robert.p@planeteclipse.com
probert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 AM #7
Lord_of_Worr
Semper Paratus

Thanks for the help guys. As this is my first Ego, I did not know what the LPR assembly should look like. When I compared it to the drawings in the manual, I noticed that there was only one spring in the LPR and it was between the piston and the adjuster screw instead of the two that were shown in the drawing. I emailed my local Eclipse rep and have a new set of springs on the way. I hope that fixes it.

Thanks again.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 AM #8
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
No promises, but I reckon if you only had the one LPR spring, then that is most likely the source of your problem, and installing the second spring should get you all sorted. The exact spring tension, and the way in which the piston is balanced between two springs, sets the LPR output pressure and limits the pressure adjustment available. Change the spring tension and stop the piston being balanced, and you will make a big difference to the output pressure of the LPR.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote