cngpballer supports Team VICIOUS
cngpballer supports Sherwood Forest
cngpballer posts videos on PbNation
cngpballer supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
alright thanks guys
this weekend i will try not to cover my mask and trying to use the insert can
but Mr Idiot Box i dont understand yoour part about looking at D1 the thing i do at that point is look and see if i can catch Home playing loose and then turn my attention to D1
whats your guys opinion on this move
and i do play with a good friend who plays my corner

what do you guys think about an 'L' shaped run
so i would run with my corner guy until right after the can (using the pillars as lane blocking) and run straight up towards S1
This is good with most layouts..But it kind of depends on the layout..I haven't got a chance to play on the cup layout so I am no longer helpful to you..Sorry.
Need EKK gear? I got it! Pm me for details
F/S/T Grills. Bring me flex's or profits.
cngpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2009, 09:55 PM #23
anthony brocuglio
shake them down one time

anthony brocuglio posts videos on PbNation
my coach always tells me just watch the paint if theres a lane dont run threw it but if its a sloppy lane you can just dive over it or under... but for the cup layout if i cant make it off the break ill hit that Aztec up and shot down in the first snake knuck so when they are turning past it ill shot their pack than i shot myself in and get to the 50 as fast as i can
Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 PM #24
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
but Mr Idiot Box i dont understand yoour part about looking at D1 the thing i do at that point is look and see if i can catch Home playing loose and then turn my attention to D1
whats your guys opinion on this move
and i do play with a good friend who plays my corner

what do you guys think about an 'L' shaped run
so i would run with my corner guy until right after the can (using the pillars as lane blocking) and run straight up towards S1

You will not be able to see D1 until you get in the snake. Off the brake step out shoot at back center. Center is going to be the guy that you have to watch out for the most. Shadow the snake side dorito it has a huge blind spot directly behind it standing up. When paint comes your way drop to a squat and make your your bump to the Aztec, Can, or go right in the snake. When you drop you disappear from the view of center and by moving right away you get a jump on his reaction time giving you the element of surprise and the extra few seconds it takes to make the snake. You should only delay there for a few seconds then you go. Practice getting you gun up quick of the net, So you paint goes right ware you want it to go the first time every time. This allows you to see/shoot a guy making a move for the X, shoot center or put him in and keep your snake corner alive.

Yes you can go into the snake from snake corner if that is what you are talking about, but it requires a lot more moves for your corner guy to make. As soon as you get in the snake your corner has to bump out from wherever he is to fill that corner. And watch your back.

Once you get in the snake you can look inside of S1 and you will be able to see the d side maya temple and d side corner often there packs. Have your snake corner give you suppressive fire on back right and get to the 50 snake (the temple in the center of the snake) look inside but stay tight or the snake side dorito will tare you face off. The corner has to step way out to shoot you in the 50 snake so you can play it a little loose on the wire side but donít get sloppy. Shoot across the field and cut the field one player at a time.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM #25
Cancerman
The curse has just begun

Cancerman supports our troops
Cancerman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cancerman has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Welp I Play the snake and this is my Opinion.

Regardless of field layout.
I never cover my mask and I never look up. I pick the spot I wanna be and I look to the backside of it so my lens is away from the opposing side. I am also turned away as im running so that I am a thinner target. I run hard, Low, and Slide early. But my speed slidees me into safety. I acctually never been shot out on the way to the snake out of probably 50 runs this season. Im really fast but the angles help alot Ive taken 3 bounces due to my body angle.

Maybe if Im not so lazy this weekend ill record myself Running into snake and post it. Idk if it will help. Im kinda scrub myself. I just know I ALLWAYS make it there.

Also Make sure your gun is allways in your back hand. Running to the right side of the field Gun is in right hand left hand pointed at snake.
Visa versa.

Once again this is all my OPPINION please noone try to grill me if I'm giving bad advice just quote and correct

But ill see bout getting that vid up to better explain angles.

GOOD LUCK!

.:p3ace:.
Cancerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 AM #26
Cancerman
The curse has just begun

If you have a bunker that is taller on the way. Or even a shorter one further out you can do a delay, "L" also known as a doglegg into your target spot.

BTW if you make S1 *DO NOT STOP*! soon as your back guy snapes outs and puts in "C" or BACK RIGHT. Bump then look inside. at this point Home and D1 are Pinched and you controll Field. | S1 > D2.| S2 > D1.| S3 > Field.| Make sure your Corner/Prayer Player Covers your tape.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 PM #27
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancerman View Post
I never look up. I pick the spot I wanna be and I look to the backside of it so my lens is away from the opposing side. I am also turned away as im running so that I am a thinner target. I run hard, Low, and Slide early. But my speed slidees me into safety.

Also Make sure your gun is allways in your back hand. Running to the right side of the field Gun is in right hand left hand pointed at snake.
Visa versa.
I agree with your body position, but if you donít keep your head up looking down field it gives the other teem an advantage. They know ware you are, and you have no field awareness. You cant communicate to the rest of you teem ware the other teem is until you stick your face out to look, taking a chance in getting it ripped off.

Keeping your marker in the outside hand (The hand toward the net) is good advice. The marker makes a big target and a hard surface for paint to brake on. It is much more likely to bounce off you body then the marker.

Quote:
BTW if you make S1 *DO NOT STOP*! soon as your back guy snapes outs and puts in "C" or BACK RIGHT.
I disagree with this. You can look inside on a proper (CUP) layout and easily kill D corner and the D side maya temple. If you get in off the brake like we are talking you will have there packs and there back pinching them, and pushing them both out of there bunker at the same time. You get the kill or you push them into the D sides paint. Once they start shooting at you that is when you move up to S2 the 50. You do this to take the guns off the D side so they can advance and pinch center or snake side D or snake corner. Take you time stay calm and pick your shots. It will work out much better in the long run.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM #28
NHballer90

NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NHballer90 supports Team VICIOUS
NHballer90 plays in the APPA D4 division
run low use your arm to get bounces
i use a low baseball slide to get into snake that way you can use your left, or right arm to keep moving if you need to, if you get shot in the chest do the superman to wipe the hit,

Gearbag Sale, everything Cheap and OBO
NHballer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM #29
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHballer90 View Post
, if you get shot in the chest, call yourself out
fixed.
cheating little bastard.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 PM #30
NHballer90

NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NHballer90 supports Team VICIOUS
NHballer90 plays in the APPA D4 division
lol, the ref's will see it most of the time anyway i just threw it in for ****s and giggles

Gearbag Sale, everything Cheap and OBO
NHballer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:59 PM #31
Cancerman
The curse has just begun

Quote:
You cant communicate to the rest of you teem ware the other teem is until you stick your face out to look, taking a chance in getting it ripped off.

The whole point to snake is to Pinch/soak/and make the other team nervous. Distract.
If you can get to S1 while you are waiting for your Back right to snap tape You should allready be calling out where people are and Be able to see them for that Matte Im not saying you dont shoot and pinch. Im just saying that you are MUCH better off Pinching and Snapping from S2.

Ive never had a problem not knowing where the are by the time I Hit S1. even if I did. Ir rather run faster and get to snake and be In the game and be alil confused where people are *play tight* then Get hit on break cause Im doing to much durring the run.

IMO again.

Debates are what make things work better. Well and then implying ti of course. And If I get hit in the chest I still slide. I check when i get up. If I find shell and paint where I go hit I call myself out. But Im never moving slow enough to just stop... and walk off.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:36 PM #32
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Quote:
I acctually never been shot out on the way to the snake out of probably 50 runs this season.

I find this very hard to believe, as well as your theory. I agree to disagree. Everyone has there own play styles. Iím just stating what works for me. Might not work for you thatís all. If someone suggests something to me I try it and take from it what I like. Over time it has made me a decent baller in a short period if time. People that know everything will never learn anything new. See you boys @ CUP.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:39 PM #33
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
S1 to pinch vs. S2 is basically about being more aggressive.

If you stop at S1 you will have a decent shot at D2 and an okay shot at D1, however the whole backline won't have a shot at you.

If you go straight to S2 you have a great shot at D2 and a good shot at D1, however their whole backline has a better shot at you and you have one at them.

So it's 'safer' to shoot from S1, less people shooting at you, but it'll take you longer to get them as the angle isn't as good. So it's up to you. More aggressive, more risk more reward... vs. a bit less aggressive, less risk, less reward immediately.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:56 PM #34
Cancerman
The curse has just begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
I find this very hard to believe, as well as your theory. I agree to disagree. Everyone has there own play styles. Iím just stating what works for me. Might not work for you thatís all. If someone suggests something to me I try it and take from it what I like. Over time it has made me a decent baller in a short period if time. People that know everything will never learn anything new. See you boys @ CUP.
No that's The Whole point. Just stating OPPONION. My style works for me. And trust me. When i practice this weekend Im going to imply anything ive read here and see how it works. If I can get into snake and see upfield at the same time I'll probably incorporate it.

I most deffinately agree with Taking Suggestions and disecting what you liek to make "YOUR" style of play =D

And Im agressive so it makes sense that im like that.

And for sure See you at cup

Old 09-17-2009, 07:19 PM #35
clumsy
PMP's FOR LIFE

clumsy helped look for balloons
clumsy supports Team VICIOUS
ok so this is what i am going to do this weekend
off break either dogleg into S1 or straight out to my temple and then bump in
then when i get in S1 i will look in side and try to either get back center if he is sloppy or pinch out D1. once my snake corner has the tape then bump to S2 and then look for D corner and pinch/shoot him

run with my gun on the outside hand

dont cover mask but lean out alittle

slide early to get under the lanes

if there is anything i am missing please let me know

ERAU '14

NEED TO SELL LUXE
clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:50 AM #36
Cancerman
The curse has just begun

Quote:
ok so this is what i am going to do this weekend
off break either dogleg into S1 or straight out to my temple and then bump in
then when i get in S1 i will look in side and try to either get back center if he is sloppy or pinch out D1. once my snake corner has the tape then bump to S2 and then look for D corner and pinch/shoot him

run with my gun on the outside hand

dont cover mask but lean out alittle

slide early to get under the lanes

if there is anything i am missing please let me know
Sounds like a snake player to me.
Just make sure you try alot of the things up here and find out what works FOR YOU.

Good luck man.

Happy hunting