Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM #85
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I've averaging about 6 & hopper off a 56/4500 4k fill with the VVC all the way out dwell at 14....
Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM #86
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Here's my thoughts:
  • Parts - My parts came absolutely bone dry. No lube at all and the bolt would barely slide out of the can. It seemed like it was a very tight fit. I confirmed that the o-rings and o-ring grooves are all the same dimensions so it was just lack of lubrication that was causing the tight fit. Nothing to worry about though, I just lubed them up and my Geo shot fine. The bolt also slid in and out MUCH more easily by hand after some Eclipse grease was added. I would expect all parts to ship without lube, so do not be concerned if it is initially a tight fit.
  • Changes - The physical changes to the bolt and can are visibly identifiable. Most notably the bolt now has a full face. As mentioned before it resembles the "venturi" style from days past. It is meant to help shoot reballs, but also is easy on paint and reduces gas expansion between the vent point and the time it reaches the ball. The bolt does NOT have a rubber face. The can is redesigned to allow for a gentler "push" by the bolt onto the ball, while still allowing the bolt to reset just as fast to allow for ample ROF.
  • Setup -Installation is exactly like the stock bolt and can, just unscrew the prop shaft, take out the old pieces and put in the new ones. One thing to note is that due to the design of the new parts an additional 1-2ms of dwell time may be needed depending on how your gun was tuned. Mine was tuned down to 8ms, so put all settings back to stock just to be safe. If you are still at the stock dwell you should not need to raise the dwell any further.
  • Sound - It is immediately noticeable that you have the kit in place due to the change in sound signature. The change is not that drastic, but if you listen for it you can hear it. If you like a quiet gun this is the way to go. It reduces the "pop-pop" sound signature into more of a "pfft-pfft". I definitely don't mind a quiet gun (actually prefer it). This helps to make on field communication much easier, and especially when compared to an Ego it makes the Geo seem so much quieter.
  • Shooting - Adding the kit will make the "feel" of the gun while shooting slightly smoother and more controlled. The bolt travels forward more slowly, therefore it is easier on fragile paint and also has less perceived kick. Mine gun is a low SN and has had plenty of paint shot through it before the kit, but the new parts do not disappoint. They are not only smooth, but they are easy on paint. I never had a problem with paint breaking in my Geo, and have not yet broken a ball with the new kit.
  • Efficiency - Even going from a tune of VVC all in and dwell at 8ms (old parts) to VVC all out and dwell at 12.5ms (ST kit), I feel that my efficiency has increased. With the new parts I shot 2 pods and my 45ci tank went from 2,000 psi down to 1,000 psi. That works out to 7 pods on a full 45ci/4500psi fill (ie: 1500 shots on a 68/45). This is definitely better than I'd been getting in the past. Previously, I could not shoot more than 5 or 6 pods out of my 45ci tank and a good fill. I have played with my tuning more, tried dwell down to 10ms (anything lower and velocity was not stable), VVC at various positions, etc, but overall the efficiency is a bit better than my stock Geo. Right now I'm back to 12.5ms and VVC all out and I am perfectly happy.
  • Overall - The Geo ST kit is a definite winner and something that I would recommend to any Geo user. I think the changes made by the kit are noticeable and significant. If there are any downsides to the stock GR-2 Geo, this new kit nullifies them. Don't expect miracles or it to shoot like a totally different gun, but I would be very surprised if anyone is disappointed by this kit!
These videos were shot with the ST kit installed in my Geo, the gun shoots very smoothly

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=61793780

I have some pictures, but I am not sure if I am cleared to post them. If Jack or Nicky gives me the OK I will put them up.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:12 PM #87
capone112
Nothing Is Perfect

capone112 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
capone112 supports Team VICIOUS
this is killing me. i want it lol
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 PM #88
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
****in A - Can I get a hell yeah?!?!?!?!

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag Jack and Nicky! I am stoked to get this kit ASAP! From the sounds of it, it takes the Geo to the next level! It looks like the kit makes all the right improvements.....!

One unanswered question I DO have......any more colors coming out? Several people here were waiting to buy 2010 Geos, so with no Geo at cup, will you all be doing new runs of colors in the next 6 months?

Oh and let Xluben post some pictures!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 PM #89
Load SM5
Watching You Poo

Load SM5 is a Supporting Member
Load SM5 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Load SM5 donated to help Peyton Trent
Looking forward to this a great deal. Hopefully the smoothing out aspect will help solve the my barrel-keeps-unscrewing-itself-every-game-unless-I-go-at-it-with-a-strap-wrench issue I have.
I'll have to pick one up at Cup for sure.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 PM #90
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
I am stoked about the possibility of running vvc all out and getting better numbers and it being even smoother and quiter, ALL without adding 200 orings like the new Dye NT. <--- I kept watching their video thinking the PE guys were probably paughing their ***** off about the "15-1700" shots! Then I saw the engine....thanks PE for keeping it SIMPLE!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 PM #91
Spyderdome
Resurgence

Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spyderdome is Legendary
Spyderdome is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
I am stoked about the possibility of running vvc all out and getting better numbers and it being even smoother and quiter, ALL without adding 200 orings like the new Dye NT. <--- I kept watching their video thinking the PE guys were probably paughing their ***** off about the "15-1700" shots! Then I saw the engine....thanks PE for keeping it SIMPLE!!!!
I'm with you man. I swear, my first thought when I was watching the NT video is they said "Alright, here is a Geo, how can we make this more complicated?" Like you said, I think the ST kit is really going to put the Geo over the top. Let's see some pictures!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:41 PM #92
Brules
MFCEO

Annual Supporting Member
Brules is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderdome View Post
I'm with you man. I swear, my first thought when I was watching the NT video is they said "Alright, here is a Geo, how can we make this more complicated, UGLIER, NO LCD AND CHARGE $600 MORE?" Like you said, I think the ST kit is really going to put the Geo over the top. Let's see some pictures!
Fixt!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM #93
TasteThePainbow
Equal Oppurtunity Hater

1550 for a marker with no screen is a definite deal breaker. That bolt on the NT looks absolutely insane...it'll cost $50 just to replace the plethora of O rings in that thing.

again....CAN NOT WAIT for the ST kit
Old 09-16-2009, 12:40 AM #94
dread head
Meng

dread head supports Cereal Killerz 2
dread head owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dread head owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dread head supports Sherwood Forest
Wow, very cool. Great news, I cant wait. My geo was nice and smooth already. Cant wait to play with the new kit when it comes out!

...|_ _|...

Ninja Geo 1/Closer/Rapper
Dm7 Old Skool Cockers
Mint condish dust purple with dust black parts 06 EGO (for sale)
My Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1517365
dread head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:10 AM #95
KrAutt90

Quote:
Yep, just like how the rotor gets 50+ bps. Just like the rotor, dye would have had a heavily modified NT get the 1700 shots and then say that ALL of the NT's will get that kind of efficiency. Lies.
Plus, if the NT has any problems (which it will) Dye will do what they always do and fail to stand by their products and charge their customers to have the problems fixed. The rotor anti jam is the best example of this. The new red arm on the 09 rotors enabled the jam release to finally work properly. However, they left the 08 rotor owners in the dust and said they would have to pay money if they wanted this new piece.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:30 AM #96
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlovi View Post
I hope Nicky will give those of us posting here first options to buy. I don't think they will sit on the shelves long.
I'll make sure that you get one

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 AM #97
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
I have some pictures, but I am not sure if I am cleared to post them. If Jack or Nicky gives me the OK I will put them up.
Email them to me at: nick.t@planeteclipse.com and so long as they resemble the Geo ST Kit components that will be sold, i can't forsee any issues with you posting them.

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 AM #98
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
****in A - Can I get a hell yeah?!?!?!?!

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag Jack and Nicky! I am stoked to get this kit ASAP! From the sounds of it, it takes the Geo to the next level! It looks like the kit makes all the right improvements.....!

One unanswered question I DO have......any more colors coming out? Several people here were waiting to buy 2010 Geos, so with no Geo at cup, will you all be doing new runs of colors in the next 6 months?

Oh and let Xluben post some pictures!!!!
No plans for new colours, but never say never

Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 AM #99
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderdome View Post
I'm with you man. I swear, my first thought when I was watching the NT video is they said "Alright, here is a Geo, how can we make this more complicated?" Like you said, I think the ST kit is really going to put the Geo over the top. Let's see some pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteThePainbow View Post
1550 for a marker with no screen is a definite deal breaker. That bolt on the NT looks absolutely insane...it'll cost $50 just to replace the plethora of O rings in that thing.

again....CAN NOT WAIT for the ST kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrAutt90 View Post
Yep, just like how the rotor gets 50+ bps. Just like the rotor, dye would have had a heavily modified NT get the 1700 shots and then say that ALL of the NT's will get that kind of efficiency. Lies.
Plus, if the NT has any problems (which it will) Dye will do what they always do and fail to stand by their products and charge their customers to have the problems fixed. The rotor anti jam is the best example of this. The new red arm on the 09 rotors enabled the jam release to finally work properly. However, they left the 08 rotor owners in the dust and said they would have to pay money if they wanted this new piece.
Let's keep this thread on the topic of the GST kit and not start bashing Dye products and get the thread closed
Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 AM #100
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
Here's a picture of the ST bolt and can:

*Note: The streak of color down the side of the can is just a reflection. The can is actually all silver.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:40 AM #101
Shecki
Clockwork Clothing

Annual Supporting Member
Shecki is a Supporting Member
Shecki plays in the PSP
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shecki owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shecki supports our troops
Shecki plays in the APPA D3 division
That's a hell of a photo man! Nice work
Shecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 AM #102
Spyderdome
Resurgence

Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spyderdome is Legendary
Spyderdome is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Here's a picture of the ST bolt and can:

*Note: The streak of color down the side of the can is just a reflection. The can is actually all silver.
That is awesome! It looks very very nice, just what I was expecting. Any chance we could get a shot of the velocity restrictors? That is probably the part I am most interested in.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 AM #103
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
xluben does not have the restrictors, so no pics of that from him.

But that shot is nice. Good work Ben.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 AM #104
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son

Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
I was going to post a pic but my photo skills fail compared to Xluben
Jkpz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:39 AM #105
levesque45
TFM

levesque45 plays in the PSP
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levesque45 is Legendary
I want one so ****ING BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THEM ON THE SHELVES SO I CAN SPEND MY HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
levesque45 is offline   Reply With Quote