Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-19-2008, 11:09 AM #1
wpirtle

Exclamation high school team

hey...wuts the best way to convince my principal to let us make a high school team? im wondering how i can get a high school team together and get in some tournaments with other teams. if you have anything on how to do this, tell me!

Xtreme Paintball Park ftw!!!
wpirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2008, 11:32 AM #2
StrAnge V1si0n
Azn

show statistics of how much safer it is than most other sports, come up with a system that doesn't involve bringing equipment into the school, offer to pay all expenses.
UCONN Alumni #88

Old Feedback...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post16963855
StrAnge V1si0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:58 PM #3
SMpbMAN
the true man sport

that is a good idea ^^^^ that is basicly what you need to do, i also heard an idea about a gun safty course before you take it, so that could help your team

If you parents don't pay for you to play paintball, put this in your signature.
SMpbMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:37 AM #4
paintballdudedm5

ok well from personal experience, its ****ing hard. i mean, my prinicpal was totally against the idea and it took me over a year and a half to get it started. however, there is always a way to get it done. here is how you should start. first, make a paintball "safety" club. that way, u address how to be safe while you paintball, becuz people will paintball no matter what. showing statistics i thought would help, and it might for you, but wasnt my primary argument. what u really need is a staff member on your side. you see, everyone but my principal liked the idea. so i had the asst. principal talk to the principal, convincing her to let me have the club, and i did so. dont be violent with the principal when talking to her or get mad easily, cuz i sure as hell did. i was like, why do we need a ****ing anime club and not a paintball club. she kept saying, we dont need a paintball club. but we dont need any club for that matter lol...so try to stay calm and mature...also tell them that other high schools have paintball clubs. gl man, and hit me up if u need help. took me forever to get it done, but it was definitely rewarding.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM #5
wpirtle

ty man... i am in 8th grade right now so i was thinkin, if i could start as a freshman, i could have more time to convince her(principle). So like...jw...if we make a club first, what would we do in the club, cuz i wasnt too sure on what we could do in the club(like just talk about paintball? idk)lol it would help if i knew what to say we would do if we did get the paintball club.

Xtreme Paintball Park ftw!!!
wpirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:07 PM #6
Paintball Kid11
You wipe, you get pwned

Paintball Kid11 plays in the PSP
Paintball Kid11 plays in the APPA D4 division
im trying to get one to. i have many kids devoted but no doubt it will be a long time before i do

ST Scavenger Hunt 2011
America's Wang Patrol
Paintball Kid11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:08 PM #7
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

snoopdogg helped look for balloons
snoopdogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snoopdogg supports Pev's Paintball
but if you mean for one of these tournaments you dont actually have to have a team like that in the rules it said all the kids either had to goto the school or if there in juinor high and if there gonna attend that high school then you can have them on your team
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
snoopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:09 PM #8
Paintball Kid11
You wipe, you get pwned

Paintball Kid11 plays in the PSP
Paintball Kid11 plays in the APPA D4 division
like they said, talk about the safety of the sport then later on work on statistics and drills if they will allow it. but dnt bring a paintball marker (dnt call them guns) to school

ST Scavenger Hunt 2011
America's Wang Patrol
Paintball Kid11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:29 PM #9
paintballdudedm5

ok well to be completely honest...theres like nothing to talk about in the club. u see, at first, i got like over 30 ppl in club. but i was trying to get sponsorship, and u cant get sponsorship until u have a club, so every meeting we wouldnt really say much and nothing was interesting, so we lost a lot of people. mainly the only things u can talk about is next events, sponsorship, starting an actual team and then a league to compete against other high schools...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 PM #10
paintballdudedm5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball Kid11 View Post
like they said, talk about the safety of the sport then later on work on statistics and drills if they will allow it. but dnt bring a paintball marker (dnt call them guns) to school
NEVER call paintball markers paintball "guns". no way in hell ure gonna get the club started if u do...and obviously, dont bring any paintball guns, paintballs, etc.. to school lol....
Old 04-27-2008, 05:33 AM #11
leland1
Fabulito

Bowling is more Dangerous then paintball =)
Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 PM #12
krov493

Im actually doing this right now haha, or working on it haha
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM #13
MN_Rising
Stroppy Woman

MN_Rising owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MN_Rising supports Team VICIOUS
MN_Rising plays in the APPA D5 division
MN_Rising has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You might try this thread for more ideas:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3057818

Otherwise I'm working on something very similar for one of the 18U teams I manage, and a few players on one of my other teams want to start one at their school. Feel free to PM me with questions.
MN_Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:09 AM #14
speedballer32

has been a member for 10 years
Some of what ppl are saying here makes it sound too easy there will be principles who just don't care what kids think is a good idea there's a few ppl on these forums who will tell you they sweet talked their school principle ya I really doubt it but the point is it might be a much better to get the parents involved... Take it from a highschool grad no one cares what a bunch of freshman want but adults can make a bigger impact
speedballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 AM #15
freddyt

freddyt plays in the PSP
freddyt is playing at Living Legends III
freddyt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
freddyt supports Team VICIOUS
My principle was pretty cool. It took about a month to get it started, just needed a club sponser who will organize the club. Then sign some wavers and presto we had a club
freddyt is offline   Reply With Quote