memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
say what...
Old 09-04-2009, 11:04 AM #3
undirected (Banned)

you serve as a consistent reminder to me that even the mentally disabled are able to access the internet
Old 09-04-2009, 11:06 AM #4
hsilman
Disgustipated

wtf are you talking about?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:07 AM #5
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
whats a beer tat singg?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 AM #6
pointer (Banned)
SBD

beer ,food ,video,metal.....ideas? its the next one.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 AM #7
hsilman
Disgustipated

what the **** are you talking about, still?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:30 AM #8
silenthawk
₪  lll o.

silenthawk helped look for balloons
silenthawk is playing at Living Legends III
silenthawk owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
silenthawk supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by undirected View Post
you serve as a consistent reminder to me that even the mentally disabled are able to access the internet
like yourself.

FOR SALE:

Old 09-04-2009, 11:45 AM #9
ZeroOrDie913
Certified M*******

i think he wants advice on how to hold a beer tasting.

if you want to have a beer tasting and dont even know what are some good beer that you want to have people drinking dont even think about it

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.
Pocket full of pennies, and a soul gone tilt
Cockpit full of memories and a dream full of guilt.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:46 AM #10
undirected (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthawk View Post
like yourself.
kid please, sit down, your trolling isn't even in the same stratosphere as mine
Old 09-04-2009, 12:00 PM #11
B4N3

Step One: What Beer To Buy?
First, who will be attending? If they are potential converts to the world of better beer, then cross them over with lighter styles, like lagers/pilsners, golden/blonde ales and perhaps finish things off with a light pale ale or even a dry Irish stout aka "crossover" beers. Steer clear of over-the-top hoppy and high alcohol beers. The idea of a crossover beer is that it should be similar to the beer you are trying to crossover from. You want to wean them off of their current beer, or ease them into beer ... not spook them into running back to their beverage of choice. Who knows, after a few different brews they may want to try something a bit bolder.

If those attending have an adventurous palate, then just buy whatever you want. If you experience a mental block, start off by thinking of a theme which will not only make it easier to pick the beers, but itll make your beer tasting party much more exciting. Some themes might be: "Oktoberfest" (round up as many of these fest beers as possible), "Taste of Belgium" (Belgian beers on their own, or pairing Belgian beer with cheeses and chocolates), "Big Beer Bash" (hearty, high alcohol beers), "A Winter Warmer" (winter warmers, spiced beers) or our personal favorite, "The **** Beer Showdown" (a selection of American macro lagers) you get the idea.

Step Two: Handling and Storing the Beer
Handle your beer with love and kid gloves. Beer should be stored in a consistent environment, away from heat and light which could spoil your beer. Ideally youll want to store your beer in the fridge, upright and between 45F and 55F.

Step Three: Serving the Beer
Temperature: Americans drink their beer too damn cold, typically at 30F to 40F. The coldness tends to numb the taste buds and literally masks the beers true flavors, aromas and nuances. This is fine for most mass-produced American **** beer, which requires one to have numbed senses, but not ideal for real beer. You can break serving temperatures into three general levels: 55F-60F (strong beers, like barleywines, dark ales), 50F-55F (standard ales, like bitters, IPAs, dobbelbocks, abbey ales, lambics, stouts, etc.) and 45F-50F (lighter beers, like lagers, pilsners, wheat beers, milds, etc.). Usually the higher the alcohol, the higher the temperature and the lower the alcohol, the lower the temperature.

Glassware: Normally, we recommend that you always use the appropriate glassware for any given beer, or style of beer, however in the case of a tasting party it might be difficult to obtain enough glassware for everyone. So feel free to break out the wine glasses, standard pint glasses or whatever you have. Do not use plastic or paper cups.

Step Four: Tasting the Beer
Order: Many "beer experts" suggest that beers should be tasted from lightest to darkest. This is flawed. Color has nothing to do with your "tasting a beer." Sure, color is often an indication of what you might be in for, but for the most part and with most drinkers, its psychological. In our own experience youll want to consider two things: alcohol content and hop levels. Keep your hoppy and high alcohol beers towards the end so you dont ruin your palate early in the tasting.

Be Vocal: Share your thoughts, describe what youre tasting. If you have trouble finding the words, remember that beer is essentially a food, so try to identify similar food like qualities that you can use to describe the beer, such as: banana, caramel, citrus, toast, coffee, chocolate, etc. its all in beer. You get the idea.

Cleanse the Palate: Its highly recommended that you have some water as well as bread, crackers and even popcorn on hand to cleanse the palate between beers and to help stave off inebriation. Avoid salty foods or anything that could overpower the senses you want to clean the palate, not destroy it.

Finally, something important to note: Beer tasting is very much an individual experience, and everything about it is highly subjective. There are no beer experts, just beer drinkers with opinions.
set aside from the majority I will serve as an example to man as hope By defending those I love with my life I stand here bold and strong As a testament to my abstinence My heart is open; this slate is clean.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM #12
pointer (Banned)
SBD

B4n3 thats excellent...think you could do a 30 second naration? A voice over while we are doing something. You will be a subject to abuse ofcourse.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:14 PM #13
ZeroOrDie913
Certified M*******

damn b4n3 that was a good *** post.

kinda makes me wanna host one now

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.
Pocket full of pennies, and a soul gone tilt
Cockpit full of memories and a dream full of guilt.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:52 PM #14
B4N3

unfortunately I cant claim credit that was from one of my favorite food blogs, just assisting in providing some insight!
set aside from the majority I will serve as an example to man as hope By defending those I love with my life I stand here bold and strong As a testament to my abstinence My heart is open; this slate is clean.
Closed Thread