PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-02-2009, 12:53 PM #1
Paintbawler1

Squaw Peak closed, now what?

The venerable and awesomely fun Squaw Peak field is now being closely watched by the police who have directions to prevent any paintballers from having a good time. Other renegade fields in the area have also been similarly prohibited or developed, so that begs the question: when are we going to get a regulated, reffed, legit field in Utah County?

Playing at the airport is fun, but getting repetitive. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be willing to give up some of my hard earned moolah to play on a regulation airball field or a well put together woodsball field, but maybe I'm crazy. What say you?
Paintbawler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:55 PM #2
Pbspaz69
TK Crew

Pbspaz69 supports Team VICIOUS
squaw peak was retarded..
provo will be as good as it gets.
there isnt enough interest in utah county for a field like that... I wish there was....

I did hear a rumour that Thanksgiving point wanted to open a woodsball field but they wanted someone from the paintball industry to do it...

Along the lines of dishing out some cash if we could get enough p[eople to put money in we could maybe buy an airball field and set it up at the airport.

Tension used to bring their xball field every week out there.

*WTB Setup*

~~~No Regrets~~~
Pbspaz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:11 PM #3
Saints Paintball
Your full service proshop

Thanksgiving point did want to open one a few years back but nothing has come from it.

So yeah, for now the only real place to play is going to be the Provo Airport field.

An airball field at the airport would be good. We've been pulling out the few bunkers that are there on Wednesdays now.
Saints Paintball on Facebook
(801) 709-1624
Saints Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:13 PM #4
Paintballpics

The airport field has a name. It is call Pick-Up Paintball.
Paintballpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 PM #5
Pbspaz69
TK Crew

I knew that. Sorry mark...

*WTB Setup*

~~~No Regrets~~~
Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 PM #6
Paintballpics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbspaz69 View Post
I knew that. Sorry mark...
Not a problem, just remember in the future.
Paintballpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 PM #7
UTpballer

There is a solid crew of woodsballers that play up springville canyon on Saturdays. PM me and I can get you some info.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 PM #8
zombie187

Between dead dog field up hobble creek canyon in Springville and Tetanus in Springville you really can't ask for much better Woodsball in Utah County. At Tetanus there's a really fun speedball type field with tons of bunkers field plus a very nice woodsball field with a mix of urban concrete ruins and woods. At the risk of sounding like a homer, I've been all over the state and its one of the coolest woodsball fields i've come across.

The fields are there, you guys just need to start showing up. Our participation has dwindled all year long and now air-softing dorks have started taking over the woodsball field simply because we don't have much of a turnout anymore.

I heard Saints Paintball were telling alot of people that both these fields were closed and that cops were kicking people off, which may explain why the drop off. But that could have been a just a rumor.
zombie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:00 AM #9
Saints Paintball
Your full service proshop

When numerous customers come into our store and tell us that they got tickets from various fields(Squaw peak, Tetanus and Hobble Creek), we pass along the information. The last thing we want are customers and local paintballers worrying about the authorities when they play.

And to set the record straight, we've been contacted by local authorities numerous times about paintballers in various locations. Just because you haven't specifically been spoken to by the authorities doesn't mean we haven't.
Saints Paintball on Facebook
(801) 709-1624
Saints Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:44 PM #10
zombie187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Paintball View Post
When numerous customers come into our store and tell us that they got tickets from various fields(Squaw peak, Tetanus and Hobble Creek), we pass along the information. The last thing we want are customers and local paintballers worrying about the authorities when they play.

And to set the record straight, we've been contacted by local authorities numerous times about paintballers in various locations. Just because you haven't specifically been spoken to by the authorities doesn't mean we haven't.
Whats strange is that we have been at Hobble Creek or Tetanus every weekend for 2 years and have never once been spoken to or ticketed or asked to leave. Not one single time.

So you can see how it would be hard for me to believe that you've had numerous people tell you they've been ticketed at Tetanus or Dead dog, especially when I'm the one that's been there in person every week to see if that is actually happening.

The only people I've ever heard say either of those fields have problems are some of the Pick-up paintball regulars who have never even come to play, so I know they are simply repeating what you guys have told them.

The bottom line is, you were informed wrong and if people come in looking for woods ball fields don't hesitate to send them on down.

Last edited by zombie187 : 10-16-2009 at 01:51 PM.
zombie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:38 PM #11
Pbspaz69
TK Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie187 View Post
Whats strange is that we have been at Hobble Creek or Tetanus every weekend for 2 years and have never once been spoken to or ticketed or asked to leave. Not one single time.

So you can see how it would be hard for me to believe that you've had numerous people tell you they've been ticketed at Tetanus or Dead dog, especially when I'm the one that's been there in person every week to see if that is actually happening.

The only people I've ever heard say either of those fields have problems are some of the Pick-up paintball regulars who have never even come to play, so I know they are simply repeating what you guys have told them.

The bottom line is, you were informed wrong and if people come in looking for woods ball fields don't hesitate to send them on down.
I recall you going to aliens and stuff, if i remember correctly... maybe the cops came while you were there? Either way it isn't a big deal

*WTB Setup*

~~~No Regrets~~~
ReplyRegional Ups