PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-02-2009, 09:14 PM #1
shootdye&win

shootdye&win donated to help Peyton Trent
Question Will luxe go under?!?

So whats going to happen with luxe if smartparts shut there doors? Its been confirmed that they laid off 90% of there workers and RUMORED they are closing there doors...

So like i said before, whats gonna happen to luxe now? I mean im sure they make alot of money already since many many people are using luxe's. But im just confused...

Anyone have any idea's?
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 PM #2
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
It depends if they have DLX registered as a different entity all together. If so it may be unaffected. I'm not a lawyer buy I believe that's the way it goes.
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
ghost271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 PM #3
Danteman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost271 View Post
It depends if they have DLX registered as a different entity all together. If so it may be unaffected. I'm not a lawyer buy I believe that's the way it goes.
dlx isnt connected to smart parts but the luxe was engineered by smart parts. maybe we will be seeing a dlx shocker if smart parts goes under
Old 09-02-2009, 11:09 PM #4
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Isn't the Luxe built at the SP facility?

BTW, it is not 90% layoff. It was 60 people out of about 200.

Last edited by georgeyew : 09-02-2009 at 11:11 PM.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 PM #5
Vinh2599
-|918|-

Vinh2599 plays in the PSP
Vinh2599 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Vinh2599 plays in the APPA D3 division
Vinh2599 supports DLX Technology
Its been confirmed nothing is happening at smart parts. only layoffs. Smart parts is still around.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:38 AM #6
topcat

topcat supports Cereal Killerz 2
topcat donated to help Peyton Trent
no.....

Old Feedback
New Feedback
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 AM #7
shootdye&win

shootdye&win donated to help Peyton Trent
No it is 90%..

I read about it earlier before i wrote this
Old 09-03-2009, 05:56 AM #8
Niskyhockey20

Niskyhockey20 is playing at Living Legends III
Niskyhockey20 supports Pev's Paintball
its not 90% it was 60 people out of 200 like what was posted above and dlx would do fine bc they are a completely separate company that builds there guns in the sp factory but they have 2 branches now so they would make do
BOLP
Niskyhockey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 AM #9
PBLULZ
www.Dmeyerspb.com

PBLULZ is playing at Living Legends III
PBLULZ plays in the APPA D5 division
2 braches one in all american paintball park and the other for what i know cali. built by smart parts people tho
Dmeyerspb.com #8
Planet Eclipse, All American Paintball Park , DXS, Fatboy pods
Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex Unsignedphotos.com
Guests bring food. Food attracts animals. This one time, a bear came. And then the bear had to be destroyed. Which means they shot it in the head with a rifle, and killed it, and it died.
PBLULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:05 AM #10
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
You guys speculate like you own stock in the company. Does it matter? Your gum will shoot the same whether they close the doors or not.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:32 AM #11
amcdowell71
Imma Champion!

amcdowell71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
amcdowell71 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I was just about to make a thread about this, got this in a PM today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevyoldboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcdowell71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevyoldboy
i think this is a good trade considering there will be no
one to do warranty work in 3 days
I have no idea what your talking about
they are going bankrupt in 2 days it has not been leaked to the pub yet tho.i know the owner or smart parts he told me. he said when they go out there will be no on to perfrom warrenty work.

Im sure DLX will pull through tho

Stuff F/S/T:
amcdowell71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 AM #12
Tarzan@DLXtechnology

Tarzan@DLXtechnology works for a Paintball manufacturer
Tarzan@DLXtechnology donated to help Peyton Trent
Hey guys, thought I might be able to help clear things up. Smart Parts has regrettably needed to lay off some people in order to survive in these economically challenging times. When things like this happen it is unfortunate for all parties invlovled. With that said Smart Parts will continue on manufacturing and selling guns as they always have. As for Dlx we also have had to make a cutbacks and sadly Tarzan is temporarily laid off and I will be taking over his duties for the time being. If you have any questions feel free to still pm this account or email me through tech@luxepaintball.com and i will be more than happy to assist you. And to squelch any rumors I assure you that Dlx is doing perfectly fine and will not be going anywhere, as a company we plan to continue growing and support our customers.

Ryan Moorhead
Philly Americans #85

Equipment for sale: PM me for details
Tarzan@DLXtechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM #13
KK Shanks (Banned)

KK Shanks donated to help Peyton Trent
KK Shanks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
KK Shanks supports Team VICIOUS
KK Shanks is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan@DLXtechnology View Post
Hey guys, thought I might be able to help clear things up. Smart Parts has regrettably needed to lay off some people in order to survive in these economically challenging times. When things like this happen it is unfortunate for all parties invlovled. With that said Smart Parts will continue on manufacturing and selling guns as they always have. As for Dlx we also have had to make a cutbacks and sadly Tarzan is temporarily laid off and I will be taking over his duties for the time being. If you have any questions feel free to still pm this account or email me through tech@luxepaintball.com and i will be more than happy to assist you. And to squelch any rumors I assure you that Dlx is doing perfectly fine and will not be going anywhere, as a company we plan to continue growing and support our customers.

Ryan Moorhead
Philly Americans #85
That is sad news that you and SP had to lay off people! (
Good luck to everyone who got laid off, maybe when you guys can wiggle out of your problems you can hire them back .

- Any new guns we can expect to see from DLX at Cup??
KK Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM #14
PunishersPaintball
punisherspb.com

PunishersPaintball is an Premier field/store owner
PunishersPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
I want to reiterate what Tarzan said. I was at Smart Parts yesterday and all is still functioning fine. I can tell youmthat even if there was any issue of the company not being around, which i know they will be...we are 100% set up to warranty any Luxes that were sold and any more that will be sold. We have a Hugh stock of parts just so anyone who bought guns can be serviced. If for any reason DLX couldnt we are 100% set up to do it ourselves.

www.PunishersPB.com 412-766-1161

Buy a New Spire Loader http://www.punisherspb.com/virtue-sp...ries_4323.aspx

Join www.gogowners.com

Last edited by PunishersPaintball : 09-04-2009 at 12:36 AM.
PunishersPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:59 PM #15
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Companies do this all the time. The layoffs are unfortunate, but indicate that the company is indeed working to get through this by determining what they do not need to pay for.

60/200 still leaves 140 people.

140 people can still warranty, build, sell, design, and ship markers and gear.

There are companies with less that produce stuff, so one can only assume the the same level is desired from SP, and they are making moves to ensure that...
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:01 PM #16
PunishersPaintball
punisherspb.com

PunishersPaintball is an Premier field/store owner
PunishersPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
Internet rumors are incorrect - Smart Parts still open for business.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Pennsylvania based Smart Parts, Inc, remains open for business.

Loyalhanna, PA - Sept 03, 2009 - "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." This famous quote often attributed to Mark Twain is also applicable to Smart Parts, Inc. The manufacturer and distributor of paintball products, now in its 20th year of operation remains in business, despite Internet rumors to the contrary.

Due to recent paintball industry contraction, widely believed to be linked to current economic conditions, Smart Parts downsized, laying off a number of employees on September 2nd. This staffing change has resulted in fast-flowing and incorrect rumors.

"It was painful to do," said company Vice-President Adam Gardner. "We are a family owned and operated business as well as a major employer in our community. Unfortunately current market conditions have forced this staff reduction upon us. The rumors that we have closed, gone into or are planning on going into bankruptcy, are completely false."

Smart Parts remains open for business, taking orders and shipping product as usual.

Smart Parts, Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and accessories for the sport of paintball. For more information, visit www.SmartParts.com.

www.PunishersPB.com 412-766-1161

Buy a New Spire Loader http://www.punisherspb.com/virtue-sp...ries_4323.aspx

Join www.gogowners.com
PunishersPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 PM #17
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Well at least they aren't asking for government bailouts. Sad day for those employees but restructuring is done all the time. Once the fat is trimmed I'm sure SP will be profittable and DLX will remain on top of the paintball food chain.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 PM #18
52split

DLX & SP "going under" is BS

This should stop the rumors and should shut up the haters out there. Received from DLX & SMART PARTS:

Internet rumors are incorrect - Smart Parts still open for business.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Pennsylvania based Smart Parts, Inc, remains open for business.

Loyalhanna, PA - Sept 03, 2009 - "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." This famous quote often attributed to Mark Twain is also applicable to Smart Parts, Inc. The manufacturer and distributor of paintball products, now in its 20th year of operation remains in business, despite Internet rumors to the contrary.

Due to recent paintball industry contraction, widely believed to be linked to current economic conditions, Smart Parts downsized, laying off a number of employees on September 2nd. This staffing change has resulted in fast-flowing and incorrect rumors.

"It was painful to do," said company Vice-President Adam Gardner. "We are a family owned and operated business as well as a major employer in our community. Unfortunately current market conditions have forced this staff reduction upon us. The rumors that we have closed, gone into or are planning on going into bankruptcy, are completely false."

Smart Parts remains open for business, taking orders and shipping product as usual.
52split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 PM #19
mmieky
1-800-agg

mmieky helped look for balloons
mmieky is playing at Living Legends V
mmieky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mmieky supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan@DLXtechnology View Post

Ryan Moorhead
Philly Americans #85
moorhead straight lade down the law

Snake Player Gang...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...528421&page=23
mmieky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 AM #20
matt.dank.<3

interesting jake...
niec post
matt.dank.<3 is offline   Reply With Quote