Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 AM #1
Nubs
MARINE TEAM ONE

Nubs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Leaking at the quick latch

Need help with this issue....
I first had issues with the breech leak but fixed that....
Now I have a leak at the quick latch. The leak is not immediate; it begins approx 30 secs after I air it up. All I have is the orings that were included with the luxe at the moment. I replaced the rearmost exterior oring prior to the quick latch... didnt fix. I relubed the very small quick latch orings as well and it didnt fix. I replaced the inner oring of the quick latch assembly (the one where you screw in the bolt guide).. didnt fix. The only thing I can think of is the HPR is creeping. Need help, I have a tourney in a couple of weeks, and I want to have this issue resolved prior to my final practice.

***Im getting an oring rebuild kit from oring monkey later on this week. I don't want to waste a whole rebuild kit just for this issue. Need help on which orings can cause this issue.

Last edited by Nubs : 09-01-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Nubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 AM #2
Tarzan@DLXtechnology

Tarzan@DLXtechnology works for a Paintball manufacturer
Tarzan@DLXtechnology donated to help Peyton Trent
Most likely is the reg creeping, either due to the 15/90 on the top of the regulator or the seat on the piston. Make sure that you are using urethane o-rings in the gun also, most aftermarket o-ring kits are buna which do not work as good as the urethane.