PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-30-2009, 12:34 AM #1
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball

Need some help with spitfire lucky board

Hey all,

I recently purchased an spitfire/lucky board for my ion with a mac noid. I'm an idiot and broke off the dipswitches, but that's life, it still works how I want it too.

Here's the catch tho - i found link for a manual in the ultimate sticky but I don't think it's right. For example, the manual describes the board as having four dipswitches - this board has (had) two. Also the behavior of the LED in programming mode is not consistent with what I think it should be based on the manual. For example, the manual describes times when the LED should "pulse", and I only see flashing and solid.

Is there some other revision of the code, and that is what I have? I'm not sure.

Next on the list - the lucky "ultimate" banjo leaks when screwed into a GCPB milsim body, but not the standard ion body. WTF?

Last - the "ultimate" hose that came with the ultimate banjo - I cut it too short, and was wondering if there is anything special about it or if I can replace it with regular old microline and get the same performance.

Thanks guy, appreciate it.

-The good dr.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:54 AM #2
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball

oops - one more thing I should have specified is that the GCPB body does not leak with stock ion banjo n such hooked up.

I got my HP bolt to cycle fully with the dwell @ 1 ms sickness
Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 AM #3
evilpaintball311
zoom zoom

evilpaintball311 supports our troops
evilpaintball311 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
evilpaintball311 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. j. h. gerbert View Post
Hey all,

I recently purchased an spitfire/lucky board for my ion with a mac noid. I'm an idiot and broke off the dipswitches, but that's life, it still works how I want it too.

Here's the catch tho - i found link for a manual in the ultimate sticky but I don't think it's right. For example, the manual describes the board as having four dipswitches - this board has (had) two. Also the behavior of the LED in programming mode is not consistent with what I think it should be based on the manual. For example, the manual describes times when the LED should "pulse", and I only see flashing and solid.
Is the board a dark color. I think you have the newer hyperdrive board.
Is there some other revision of the code, and that is what I have? I'm not sure.
see above ^
Next on the list - the lucky "ultimate" banjo leaks when screwed into a GCPB milsim body, but not the standard ion body. WTF?
Check the orings on the banjo. There should be two. One on top and one inside on the bottom.
Last - the "ultimate" hose that came with the ultimate banjo - I cut it too short, and was wondering if there is anything special about it or if I can replace it with regular old microline and get the same performance.
This is the same size hose as the hose that goes from the front banjo to the noid on the other ion boards.
Thanks guy, appreciate it.

-The good dr.
this is close to the set up I have.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 AM #4
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball

yeah the board is like a dark green. Looks like I have to go manual hunting again. I highly doubt this setup is going to be friendly on paint but I don't really care, lol.

Thanks for the hints.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:23 PM #5
evilpaintball311
zoom zoom

Talk to Aaron. He sent me a link to the manual. If you cant get it from him then I will email you a copy. It is the newer spitfire board btw.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 PM #6
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpaintball311 View Post
Talk to Aaron. He sent me a link to the manual. If you cant get it from him then I will email you a copy. It is the newer spitfire board btw.
I sent the person I bought the board from a PM and this is what he sent me:

http://www.hyperdrivepb.com/reposito...ard_manual.pdf

not all that descriptive of everything but it's spot on. If you've got something more than this i'd be happy to give you my email address. Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:28 PM #7
evilpaintball311
zoom zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. j. h. gerbert View Post
I sent the person I bought the board from a PM and this is what he sent me:

http://www.hyperdrivepb.com/reposito...ard_manual.pdf

not all that descriptive of everything but it's spot on. If you've got something more than this i'd be happy to give you my email address. Thanks!!
That is what I got.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 PM #8
hovel138

Your lucky banjo may leak because its not seated all the way down. I had to dremmel a small bit where the silver part of the banjo touched the body. It didnt take much, but I wanted it to fit properly. Hope that helps.
hovel138 is offline   Reply With Quote