7 man Xball 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 PM #22
Zach_CDR
Seattle Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
I think they mean 7-man OR x-ball. Either format can bump up your division from my understanding. When they refer to 5-man, I believe they mean traditional 5-man, like the NWPS.
thank you, makes sense now... i voted 5man, because that was so confusing... otherwise i woulda voted xball
Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 PM #23
BattleTested_Ryan

How about LESS events. Check the forums there are so many tournaments and big/scenario events in the next three months that it dilutes the attendance at all events.

With LESS events fields/promoters can put together better events, more attendance which "should" turn into better reffing, better raffles, and overall better games/events.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

Remember Oklahoma D Day and EMR make their whole year on running better quality less frequent games.

The NW has recently lost a field that had events almost every weekend.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:31 PM #24
efstyle
SAVAGE

efstyle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yea sorry guys, the 7 man xball thing lol, i was tired and copying and pasting..and its wrong in the other thread too..at least im consistant..thanks guys and keep it up we are loving the feedback this is generating and it is helping a great deal.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:24 PM #25
DaveHills
Doodlebug Sportz

DaveHills plays in the APPA D4 division
I'll be giving my input as someone fairly new to Paintball. Participation might be dropping for a number of reasons, economy, people leaving the sport etc. There is new blood coming to the sport, I am a newbie.

I found it difficult to find events. Sure if you scrounge around PBNation and other places you'll find the postings but if your new then you don't know all the tools and resources that people who have been playing for years have. If a new person is playing at the field, they know where to find that place. Postings at those fields lets newbies know about events. Experienced players passing on knowledge helps. There will always be people leaving, you need to be able to get the new players aware about events and how to participate, to replace people leaving or even grow the sport.

I'd say the 3 man for beginners is good because it's much easier for a newbie to find 2 other people rather 4 other people to play, especially if none of them have any experience playing tournaments.

For me personally, I don't have a problem with the entrance fees, if there are prizes or a little distance to get there. I'm older, work a regular schedule, have transportation and have income to support my habit. The money issues seem to be a problem for a lot of players especially the younger ones. The people I've played with and say they are interested in playing tournaments aren't all that concerned with the prizes either, then just want to play.

Make the information easy to find for someone who doesn't use all the tools that most of you do. Make the process for registering and participating clear and hopefully at fields local to the players and more people will participate. Distance is also a factor for younger players. Even if they can carpool with others, distance means a longer time frame. Younger people usually have jobs that require them to work weekends. Getting one weekend day off is probably doable but getting a whole weekend off to drive out of state when you only work weekends is very difficult. That also brings back the money issue from skipping what is basically all the hours they work in a week.

Smaller events in more places, might not draw the big crowds but it will give players a chance to get a taste for the sport in a team situation. After time, a new team will want more challenges and broaden their hunting grounds for new teams to play against.
DaveHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:33 PM #26
DaveHills
Doodlebug Sportz

DaveHills plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by efstyle View Post
ok, and what do you guys in the north think about coming to events here in oregon..what will make it worth it to you to play a series down here?
If I know about the event, and I can drive there in a few hours, I'll drag some people down there. I have to know about it. I personally don't care about the prizes. Get field owners in the North to post flyers for your event at their fields and you do the same for them.

Possibly offer an option for a small fee, to provide transportation from one location to your event. If you had 15 to 20 people coming from one area, what would be the cost to hire a bus to do one run back and forth for players and gear?

It's not a vacation but a lot of people buy packages when they travel. Las Vegas airfare and hotel at one price comes to mind.
DaveHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 PM #27
lowbrowart
formerly GREASE

hey guys new to the NW forums not new to northwest paintballin
my personal opinion is keep the prizes to a bare minimum (cheap trophies and paint) etc. keep the entry fee per person lower by not havin to buy a bunch of stuff the winners are just gonna have to sell! quality reffing! and clean quality bunkers perhaps and entry fee that is all inclusive as an option to players? i.e a certain amount of food and drink included for x amount of dollars
anyway just my two cents
lowbrowart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 AM #28
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by op_$oulja$_13 View Post
x ball is by far one of the funnest 5 man events ever known to any paintball player if there is a x ball tournament series op souljas will be there =) doesnt matter if its in oregon lol
have you guy's been attending fearless' xball events?

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:45 PM #29
KB1869

scrap all prizes!!!!!!!! trophies/medals are all that is really necessary. with no prizes the entry fees would be cheaper wouldn't they? you shouldn't play for prizes you should just play for fun anyway (in local tournaments)...

Last edited by KB1869 : 08-27-2009 at 01:47 PM.
KB1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:55 PM #30
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
heres the big problem... MPC had all that the NW players wanted... danny was asking all of us what was good, whats right, what he could do... 6 months before, and throughout the series... the problem isnt the tournaments right now... the problem is money is still a lil tight... and all of the rookie and open teams seem to be dropping off their scrubs, and leaving em to hang... BTA, and DBS are the only teams i know of that still have a lower division squad ready to go... how about you quit making your players all step up... you play some events with a smaller squad less rotating players, and you let the lower divisions get a team also... enough said!

BTA
leeninwit1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:59 PM #31
sumocat 419
Free beer?

Qft mooch
sumocat 419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:02 PM #32
leeninwit1shot

w2as that good qft or you suck qft? lol

BTA
Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 PM #33
internetballer187

If BTA has a lower squad then they should enter the next NWPS. So should BTA, havent seen those guys at a tourney in awhile.
internetballer187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:22 PM #34
leeninwit1shot

ask todd, and i believe the last events BTA signed up for was cancelled... but i could be wrong...

BTA
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM #35
ADBromeo
- Lousy Heroes -

ADBromeo is a Professional paintball player
ADBromeo plays in the PSP
ADBromeo donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB1869 View Post
scrap all prizes!!!!!!!! trophies/medals are all that is really necessary. with no prizes the entry fees would be cheaper wouldn't they? you shouldn't play for prizes you should just play for fun anyway (in local tournaments)...
The problem with no prizes is then it loses the effect of a tournament with something on the line. Whether you say you don't care about prizes, you play a lot harder when you know there is actually something to win. A lot of teams needed the prizes to continue playing more tournaments throughout the year also. With money a lot tighter prizes help teams sell the winnings and play another tournaments. That's my 2 cents.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM #36
PBOldschool
[COOL BADGE]

I dont remember any prize i've ever won but I can point to the trophies I have won. It may be my age but I'm motivated to win for the sake of winning, not the prizes, but I like to have proof of my accomplishments. I would rather win a trophy thats larger then yours that says 1st Place rather then win an Ion over your hopper.

Last edited by PBOldschool : 08-27-2009 at 03:55 PM.
PBOldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:37 PM #37
efstyle
SAVAGE

efstyle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
im sick of prizes in general..cash seems to be the thing players want..instead of buying a prize people are gunna complain about id rather give cash, cuz you cant complain about cash..noone can complain about cash lol
Old 08-30-2009, 02:12 AM #38
G-Rock33
PBK

G-Rock33 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB1869 View Post
trophies and pictures
G-Rock33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:10 AM #39
E/R/I/C

E/R/I/C owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
5 man. Prizes should be metals or trophies and paint ticktes to the next event.
E/R/I/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 PM #40
BigfootFF23

BigfootFF23 plays in the PSP
BigfootFF23 is an NCPA player
BigfootFF23 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by E/R/I/C View Post
5 man. Prizes should be metals or trophies and paint ticktes to the next event.
I agree with Mr. Yuck

Formerly killed for:
DBS Titans
DBS Sonics

Cody McAfee
BigfootFF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups