Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 AM #1
anarchy_paintball

Snap practicing idea Feedback appreiated

This is just an idea for practice for a noob. I will be standing in the open and have a person snap out and try and hit me before I can get him. It will be to easy once the person snapping gets a decent idea of what he is doing but just to learn very rudimentary skill do you think it would work.
anarchy_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2009, 03:43 AM #2
QuiverKiller
SHC

lol, this is how pretty much how everyone learns to snap shoot
Aftershock Fan #26
Shark Heart Crew
QuiverKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:44 AM #3
anarchy_paintball

O well I guess I have the same idea as everyone else. Good to know.
anarchy_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 AM #4
OSinsOgre
It is O-Sins-Ogre

me and my friends had two aluminum barricades setup, we would snap out and have to find a 2 liter bottle sticking out and shoot at it while someone count 1 onethousand, 2 onethound, 3 onethousand. we had to stop firing at 3 onethound to be the expected them or someone else shooting back at us.

rules. cannot come out the same area of the baricade twice in a row, cannot shoot after 3-onethousand was said, and had to snap back in quickly. bunkers were moved after team did a once through.

this gave us three seconds to popout, find and shoot at the target and hide.

After doing this twice we then went into the woods/airball field and had 3 people with 2 liter bottles that would popout at random. only one was allowed at a time and every 3 to 4 pops were we allowed to do two bottles.

Later we move to the three people where they take a bunker and pop it out at random times. the person then would pop out and was given two seconds to call the location of what bunkers he sees. the bottle holders were allowed to move at random.

In the woods it was painted white and an number writen in red was placed and we had to call the number we see in the two seconds. then had to go find the the bottle where it was laid down to verify if true.

Last edited by OSinsOgre : 07-28-2009 at 11:35 AM.
OSinsOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 AM #5
Alvecchio

Alvecchio plays in the PSP
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Alvecchio owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I think the best and only really good way to practice snapping is to just snap against someone in the bunkers you'll be playing. Shooting targets is good, it teaches you aim, but its not quite the same as getting shot back at. You have to take into consideration the times on the field that snapping is important.

Your in the snake. You walked the field earlier and know that when you pop up your gunning for D2. Aim is extremely important, once you take those first few shots, if they miss, he tucks in and you lose your opportunity.

Practice in practical positions that you'll play. Coming up to shot from a snake position is different than snapping out of a dorito.

Timing is equally as important as accuracy. You could have the best shot in the world but your not gonna hit your mark if you can't time it right. You gotta have a ball in the air just as he decides to come out. Then he can catch it with his face

In the absence of a field or other people though, anything works. Just dont pass up the opportunity to do some real life practice snapping.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 AM #6
mmieky
1-800-agg

mmieky helped look for balloons
mmieky is playing at Living Legends V
mmieky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mmieky supports Team VICIOUS
yea thats a perfect way to start out sombody but once they get used to it then they should snap with a person like you do in a tourney

Snake Player Gang...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...528421&page=23
mmieky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 AM #7
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
You can certain practice this without a person, however for the person recommending a 2 liter bottle (fine target). Do NOT give yourself 3 seconds to do so. Give yourself 1-3 shots TOTAL to make that hit.

In fact, for practice against a stationary target, I'd use one shot only. You will rarely have 3 whole seconds to hit an exposed target. If you do, I wouldn't call it snap shooting. Just my opinion, but your drill is still improving accuracy, not a bad thing, but snapshooting... keep it to 1-3 shots total.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:36 PM #8
oNeBALLit33
*610*

juss have 2 bunkers directly across from each other.. n play one ball snappin when u pop out i think thats the best way to get acurate with it.. but u cant hang out of the side of the buker u have to pop out and back in
oNeBALLit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 AM #9
Biostatik
Army 50cal gunner

all good ways to practice. i feel the best is as a few of you said, snap against another player who is snapping back. but there is yet more too it. say u get good at snapping, and ur in the game, and ur opponent is good at snapping too. maybe better. but ur at least good enough not to get hit. resolve? i posted an in depth thread on a good strategy i use in the rec player section. its called 'how to win a snapping face off' Maybe i should have put it here...idk. i thot it would be good to put it there cuz rec players wont neccessarily have the experience tourny players have, and will ask for tips on snapping more often. but then again im sure plenty of rec players read the tourny sections for tips on this very things. o well. it is where it unless it gets moved, lol.
Biostatik is offline   Reply With Quote