PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM #1
XtraBoy

has been a member for 10 years
First UWL Event Thoughts, Feelings and Opinions

The first UWL event wrapped up last night with smiling faces everywhere. No matter how the teams placed, I only heard everyone was having a great time.

The format took a little bit getting used to, i heard a couple of players mentioned they figured out the rules on sunday, which made for some interesting discussion on saturday, hah.

The event was great. I had a fabolous time. I was on the league's "solo player" team(s), CA Ballers and SC Mercs and the teams worked out great. I got to play with a friend who i had played with before and a few other friends. We had a great time and we placed second as CA Ballers and third as SC Merc's in the open division. I think there is defiantly potential for the solo player team's to be doing some damage in the upcoming events.

The 10+1 man format was super fun. Seeing 11 guys run at the blowhorn was awesome. Watching 4 take the left, 2 charge up the gully in the middle and and 5 cover right right flag was super fun. Our scout (F3TT) was excellent and got MVP for the whole tournament. He got the flag every single time we sent him out and then we backed him up and covered the flag for some points. We had an awesome format by the end of the tournament and although we were tired, we were loving it. We got beat by Bob Long's team and by Matty Marshall's teams but that was expected. We did feel good about how did against both of them, however, i was very happy with the fight we put up against them.

I can't say enough how much fun it was to romp through the woods trying to shoot people. There were several breakout where i stomped over waist high weeds, dove into some dirt and then crawled up behind a tree to post up on a spot. Incredible fun. I crawled over everything this weekend, if you were in a fire fight area and you wanted to move, you were crawling. Plenty of times i found myself crawling closer to the brush as i had a guy lay paint in my area. I found myself completely flat with my face down trying hoping the brush infront of me was going to stop all of the paint.

I heard several of the pro's say, "man, this is the funnest tournament i've played in a long time" and i believe it. I played an incredible amount of paintball in the 2 days of the tournament and can't tell you how much fun i had.
Our rag tag team of players was great, it was really fun playing with people i've never played with and have them cover me and help us win.

There was a fair amount of blunders that happened. Most notably is when one of our best players shot my brother in the back as my brother bunkered 2 players that was holding our guy down. Our teammate assumed it was an enemy and shot my brother out and then realized what he did. He say's he wanted the glory of clearing that side all to himself, hah. Woodsballs is awesome.

There was a ton of press and a good amount of pro's. Hopefully someone can come in and write up a pro list but there will defiantly be magazine articles and video's up on the internet in the coming weeks. This league is going to go far. If you're in one of the upcoming events, Get ready to get super dirty and have a ton of fun.

I think i covered a good amount, post your feelings on the UWL's very first event!
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2009, 09:30 PM #2
Warchild71
I Recruit Killers

Warchild71 plays in the PSP
Warchild71 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Warchild71 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I heard alot of awesome feedback on the tourney.

Can't wait for Chicago.
Warchild71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 PM #3
Gat Products
get GAT or get Got

Gat Products is BST Trusted
Gat Products works for a Paintball manufacturer
Gat Products plays in the USPL
Gat Products donated to help Peyton Trent
Gat Products supports Bob Gurnsey
Team GAT Products had a great time. This is good old time paintball that we are told about and now we can play it. A lot of players were concerned about the rules being the complicated but we all found them to be very simple. 4 Flags, pull them and hold them, find the hidden center flag (green tube) and get 2 bodies very simple O and shoot all the other team GOOD TIMES. WE NEED MORE PUMP PLAYERS. There is a place for us in this event. Every team needs one pump player as there sniper. Team GAT had 7 pump players and took second place in the SKILLS class. Open class we had 3 players on the CA Ballers which was a walk on team (throw together team) That team took second also. PUMP PLAYERS COME ON OUT.

YUMA RATTLERS #1 fan
Order of seven #1 Fan
MUDDY WATER BOYS #1 FAN
BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED #1 FAN

Last edited by Gat Products : 04-28-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Gat Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:30 PM #4
Warchild71
I Recruit Killers

That's cool congrats on the 2nd place playing pump. I've got alot of respect for pump players.

I agree with you, the rules are not complicated at all. Basic take & hold the flags and find the hidden prop.

Last edited by Warchild71 : 04-28-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:27 PM #5
Hoot {MWB}

Nice fellas! May the pumps please stand up!

UWL Junkie: www.playuwl.com
Proudly Sponsored by Lapco: http://lapcopaintball.com/store/
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"
www.muddywaterboys.com
Hoot {MWB} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:38 AM #6
LAH75

LAH75 works for a Paintball manufacturer
LAH75 supports Cereal Killerz 2
LAH75 donated to help Peyton Trent
LAH75 is attending Decay of Nations VI
This event was awesome! I guested on SD DAGGERS on Sunday cause I flew in from Hawaii on Sat night. I had around 5 of my guys playing with Bob Long's Ironmen. Both teams took first and every single player on both teams had a great time. Smiles everywhere and girls in bikinis. SUCCESSFUL 1st EVENT!!! I can't wait to play another one.

Got a gun with TiPX threads? Check out the HITMEN TECH barrels for the TiPX.
Visit our team store to see what is in stock today here.
LAH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:35 PM #7
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Ok, this may not be the place for this speak, but I cant get on the UWL forums (They never sent me an email back)

Ok, for the rules on the 11th man......
I feel that this should be STRICTLY pump. Ive read up on peoples arguements that players on their team play the "sniper" role with a semi gun. Thats fine, they can play as a ranger, and still play very successfully. I would just really like to see the "sniper" role pump gun exclusively. People threw around the idea of rationing the paint that snipers get, I would actually love to see rationing of paint to every player, but when it comes down to it, if it is sniper vs sniper, the semi will still have more firepower to win that fight. Please explain this rule to me someone
nePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 PM #8
Warchild71
I Recruit Killers

The semis are restricted to a max capacity of 20 rounds. Most pistols hold 8-10 and longbows (which are rare) hold 20. Those setups require clips or 10 round tubes to reload which limits their paint capacity. A pump player can use any feed setup from 10-round on up to full size hoppers. What the semis have in ROF they lose in capacity. The semi player still has to pick shots. IMO the playing field is level and it allow more people the opportunity to play in the league.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 PM #9
Whiskeyfoy
Underground

Annual Supporting Member
Whiskeyfoy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Whiskeyfoy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild71 View Post
The semis are restricted to a max capacity of 20 rounds. Most pistols hold 8-10 and longbows (which are rare) hold 20. Those setups require clips or 10 round tubes to reload which limits their paint capacity. A pump player can use any feed setup from 10-round on up to full size hoppers. What the semis have in ROF they lose in capacity. The semi player still has to pick shots. IMO the playing field is level and it allow more people the opportunity to play in the league.

What was said above is correct. The semi sniper was made to mainly allow the longbow snipers and such into the class... I can tell you right now that if a team tries to use an ego as a sniper with a modded hopper Tom Cole and the Refs will not allow it... Also I have to respectfully disagree about the disadvatage a pump would have against a 20 round semi.. I know some pump players that can pump as fast as a semi guy could pull the trigger so its all perspective and limited only by the players ability. A

Side note nePhantom.. PM me with the username you tried to register with and I will make sure it gets activated... The board had an influx of spam getting in so it might have gotten mixed up in the shuffle

Woodsball Tournament they way it should be played! Ultimate Woodsball League
"So if you are a team of *****ing ,cheating and disrespectful players I suggest you find a different venue for your antics! The UWL is not for you.
Tom Cole"
Whiskeyfoy is offline   Reply With Quote