Old 07-18-2009, 12:29 PM #1
EPICfailure
I regret my username

EPICfailure owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
EPICfailure owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EPICfailure is an NCPA player
EPICfailure plays in the APPA D4 division
Optimal Quest Settings

What are the best Quest settings out there?
EPICfailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2009, 05:47 PM #2
FirstClassPB

If anyone knows I would like to know aswell
FirstClassPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:23 PM #3
spideyman1
Shark week continues!

On.
spideyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:51 PM #4
M98custom1212

best settings as in lpr dwell eye delay

and we need to what board u have

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
CAD/CAM Engineer
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 AM #5
EPICfailure
I regret my username

EPICfailure owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
EPICfailure owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EPICfailure is an NCPA player
EPICfailure plays in the APPA D4 division
WAS Board.
EPICfailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 AM #6
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
What are you trying to achieve? Best efficiency? Smoothest shot? Highest rate of fire? How you tune the marker will vary depending on what it is you are looking to achieve.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:26 PM #7
M98custom1212

higher dwell gentler on paint
lower dwell more effciency

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
CAD/CAM Engineer
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:37 PM #8
hedgehog07

Is there a specifit set of settings for the quietest shot?

How about most efficient?
hedgehog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:45 PM #9
I need a name

Most efficient would be loud. Low dwell high lpr.

For near silent dwell at around 18 and lpr at 40. You marker must be broken in to do this, I've gotten my quest down to 20 but it is unreliable at these low pressures.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM #10
hedgehog07

high lpr meaning like 100?
hedgehog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 PM #11
Logan_Dizzle
FEP family for life

90 to 100 is good lpr pressure
Logan_Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM #12
FirstClassPB

Thanks for the info guys
FirstClassPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:05 PM #13
erick44
Fight to Win

how low of dwell for lesser kick i got my dwell at 9 and lpr at 100 still kinda loud cant wait to shoot it , i can kinda tell the difference when dry fire Also quick question what does Bronc's tape mod do.. i did it but i dont see much result
erick44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:43 PM #14
I need a name

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick44 View Post
how low of dwell for lesser kick i got my dwell at 9 and lpr at 100 still kinda loud cant wait to shoot it , i can kinda tell the difference when dry fire Also quick question what does Bronc's tape mod do.. i did it but i dont see much result
Less kick is higher dwell. With high dwell also comes less efficiency. You need paint and a chrono to do broncs mod, if you add too much you will have problems. The mod adds efficiency.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:55 AM #15
erick44
Fight to Win

so what exactly am i looking at ?
Old 08-08-2009, 05:54 AM #16
Uziel Gal

The tape mod physically limits the amount of air stored in the bolt kit.

Due to the design of the bolt kit, the Quest shoots from a fixed volume of air. Air cannot free flow through the bolt, so no matter how long the bolt is forwards (how long your dwell is), once the air in the bolt kit is released, no more air is released.

So, when you install the tape mod, you adjust the amount of tape until there is just enough air stored in the bolt kit to fire a full velocity shot. That volume of air is released with each shot. By running a dwell setting that is higher than the bare minimum, you can ensure that all that air is released every time, and due to the tape mod, you can be sure no more air is released.

So between a reduced volume of air and a conservative dwell setting, you ensure good consistency, no wasted air, and the dwell setting should help to combat bolt stick.

In your case, running a low dwell setting is controlling how much air is released from your bolt kit - there is still air stored in the bolt kit when the bolt moves back, closing off air flow down the bolt.

OK, the short dwell helps your efficiency, which is why you may not see a difference between this and the tape mod - minimum dwell and reducing the volume of stored air basically has the same effect. The downside is that your velocity, consistency and efficiency - as well as the likelihood of bolt stick occuring - is now linked directly to your dwell. If something electronically or physically effects the dwell - a low battery for instance, or your grease hardening in cold weather - then that could mean that your dwell is now too short for the circumstances, and your marker's performance will change, and you could get bolt stick.

Reducing the volume of air stored in the bolt kit, and running a higher dwell setting than you are currently, will make the marker's performance less sensitive to changes in dwell. The only real downside to running higher dwell with a reduced air volume is that your battery won't last as long.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:27 AM #17
erick44
Fight to Win

wow VERY detailed, thats perfect okay, i set my dwell to 16 out of 40 should be okay my lpr is at about 95-100 .. it used to run at 50 but now it wont shoot unless its higher then 70ish
Old 08-08-2009, 09:58 AM #18
Uziel Gal

I'd suggest setting the LPR between 80-90psi.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:03 AM #19
erick44
Fight to Win

i keep setting my lpr to aboput 50 but it goes up on its own , until it get to about 95 psi , new oring?
Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 AM #20
Uziel Gal

For optimal function of the Quest bolt, I'd actually want to run a bit higher than that anyway, but that's another story.

Your LPR pressure creeping could be an issue with an o-ring on the bolt or pin, or it could be down to a leaking Schrader valve in the LPR.

This guide should assist you : -

O-Ring Functions and Common Problems:

Bolt pin

Back o-ring (1st, counting from the back) - this seals air in to the back of the marker. A leak around the back of the pin can be resolved by cleaning and greasing - or if necessary, replacing - this o-ring.

2nd o-ring - this o-ring separates low pressure air from the solenoid, from HP air entering the back of the bolt kit. If this o-ring leaks, you will see a pressure increase on the LP gauge, and your bolt will be pushed forwards.

This may lead to your marker firing when you gas it up.

Middle o-ring (3rd from the back) - this o-ring also separates LP and HP air, though this time, the HP air in question is stored in the dump chamber. Again, if this o-ring leaks, your bolt will be forced forwards, and the marker may fire when gassed up.

Hard to tell which of these two o-rings is at fault, as the symptoms are the same, so you can either switch each out in turn, and see which fixes the problem, or you may just prefer to switch them both out - after all, if they are both the same age, they probably have similar levels of wear.

4th o-ring - this o-ring stops more air entering the dump chamber when the bolt is forwards, ensuring that the marker shoots from a fixed volume of air. If you have lower than expected shot counts when running long dwell settings, this o-ring may need cleaning or replacing.

Front o-ring (5th from back) - this o-ring seals air in the dump chamber prior to the marker firing. A leak down the barrel could be down to this o-ring.

Bolt

Rear o-ring - this is the bolt sail o-ring - the o-ring on which the LP air acts to cycle the bolt back and forth. If this o-ring is dirty or damaged, the bolt may not cycle, or it may be pushed forwards. Again, this could lead to the marker firing when it is gassed up.

The difference between this and the pin o-rings, is that a pressure change will not register on the LP gauge.

Middle o-ring - this is another o-ring that separates HP and LP air. If this o-ring is dirty or needs replacing, you will see the LP gauge pressure rise, but in this instance, the bolt will stay in the rear position.

Front o-ring - if this o-ring is dirty or needs replacing, it will cause a leak down the barrel. Again, it is hard to know whether it is this o-ring or the front pin o-ring that is the cause of a leak down the barrel, so you will need to either try each o-ring in turn, or replace both.