Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 PM #1
JPB

Buying an Epiphany?

My friend offered me his epiphany with a virtueboard, virtue eyes, ion body kit, featherlight trigger, orange detents, firebolt, full freak barrel kit with two different tips, upped bolt can, new reg, and he has optimized the tuning to get 9 pods on my tank for $180. Is this a good deal? right now i have an ul proto slg.

Last edited by JPB : 05-10-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: forgot something
JPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 PM #2
IGotAEpiphany
UNACTIVE

thats not a bad deal.. you are not really upgrading. but how do you have a 08 ul slg.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 AM #3
JPB

sory i ment 09. do u think i can get a better deal?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 PM #4
madgunner4

madgunner4 supports Team VICIOUS
madgunner4 plays in the APPA beginner division
madgunner4 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
madgunner4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If I were you, I'd just stick with the SLG. Thats is a pretty good deal on the Epiphany, but no matter how upped that is, I think a UL SLG is better.
madgunner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:51 PM #5
JPB

Thanks for the advice. I propbably stick with my slg. it its lighter which im used to. thanks again
Old 05-14-2009, 09:49 PM #6
Brute06

Well, I always say the feel is the only important thing. I'd choose the one that feels best. If your SLG is working for you, then you should go by the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you feel like something's just not quite clicking, then it might be time to start looking at other guns.

As for straight up gun comparison, I'd probably choose the Epi. That guy has a lot into that Epi. Mind you, there's a very very very different feel with the UL frame. I personally didn't like it, so I was happy to get rid of it (traded my old DM for a Marq... best choice I ever made). If you're really satisfied with your UL, then other frames will probably feel too bulky, especially if you've been using it for a while. I got a chance to mess around with an SLG the other day and I really didn't like it. It was pretty loud, and it kicked like a mule. Mind you, I definitely take that with a grain of salt because it wasn't my gun. I have no idea if that kid had his crap tuned right. Other people seem to love them, so maybe it was just an isolated incident. I kinda want to mess with one for a week or so to do my own tuning.
Brute06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:52 PM #7
james carter
899th Tank Destroyers

james carter helped look for balloons
james carter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
james carter supports Team VICIOUS
yah stick with the slg they are definitely lighter
Old 05-23-2009, 03:38 PM #8
JPB

Thanks for the advice guys
Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 PM #9
cahatch93

cahatch93 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cahatch93 supports Team VICIOUS
dude get the epiphany with a virtue and abunch of other stuff and i just sold it for 350 thats a great deal jump on it
cahatch93 is offline   Reply With Quote