PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 PM #1
Supra92
Supra + Mod = 400hp BEAST

Ion pressure?

I just bought an ion that should be coming in soon and bought a tank. After I bought the tank I realized it was a low pressure tank, 500psi. I just wanted to know if this tank would work on the ion?

($!-supra92-!$)

V V V V V V V V

Supra92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2009, 10:33 PM #2
cowgod2007
da noob

yes it would. ions operate at like, 100-200 psi (not exactly sure) but it will definitly work for sure.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 AM #3
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

What kind of regulator is on the tank? It will probably work fine, but if the reg isn't all that great there is a chance you will have some shoot down at higher rates of fire
Old 08-13-2009, 10:21 AM #4
ALIHISGREAT

As mentioned in the above post there is a chance of shoot down at higher rates of fire because the bottle reg has the same flow as a high pressure one... but it supplys the air at low pressure so there is less air.
ALIHISGREAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:26 AM #5
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIHISGREAT View Post
As mentioned in the above post there is a chance of shoot down at higher rates of fire because the bottle reg has the same flow as a high pressure one... but it supplys the air at low pressure so there is less air.
Not all regs have the same flow. Different brands have different flow properties within their given pressure. That's why some low pressure tanks/regs such as Crossfires, Ninjas, and CPs typically never have problem with shoot down though other lesser quality tanks such as Pure Energy and even Throttles can have some issues.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM #6
Tekcoo

Im new to the ion and its air systems and every thing my first gun was a 98 custom... but what is SHOOT DOWN? ive never heard that before.
Tekcoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:33 AM #7
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Shootdown is when your velocity begins to decrease as your shooting as in the first few balls come out at 290, then the next down to 280, then down to 270 and so on. Basically your air flow isn't able to keep up with the shots your shooting. It usually happens at higher rates of fire, but can happen normally as well.

If you have shoot down issues make sure your hoses and orings are clean and in good condition, make sure your reg is clean and lubed correctly, your asa is turn on completely or your tank in screwed in all the way, and that your settings are correct. If you still have shootdown after all that it's probably the reg on your tank if it's a LP reg
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 AM #8
Tekcoo

thanks for all the advice, whats a good somewhat low priced hpa thank that you would suggest to get im looking at some type of 45/45 carbon fiber but dont know what type of brands are good or how much they are.. any suggestions?
Tekcoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:55 AM #9
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

If you're looking to go cheap get a PE (i thought they were the cheapest... or were), but make sure you get a High Pressure Reg. A Low Pressure tank will surely open the window to shootdown.

If you have the $$ a Ninja tank is also (in my terms a budget tank) a good choice and is adjust between low, mid and high pressures.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM #10
hcudynamo3

feedback
hcudynamo3 is offline   Reply With Quote