Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 AM #64
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatch79 View Post
Mock Ceremony - Nothing religious about that per my previous posto
Robed "Priest" - Note the quotation marks. Taken in context, this person could have been called an MC and the same effect would have been had.
Blow away the waters of baptism - again, nothing religious about that, there's no supernatural entity involved, its just a ceremony
Fed on oa "de-sacrament" - again, just a ceremony
[Higher purpose than] spoofing a Christian rite - Yeah, the purpose was to demonstrate their renunciation of Christianity.

There is absolutely nothing religious here. You need to learn that not everyone thinks the way you do and that your way is NOT the only way.
NP, i will just agree to disagree. I do not believe everyone needs to think the way I do, just presenting what was already mentioned in the thread. if you dont think it was a religious ceremony - so be it. others, however, and not just the religious, see their ceremony as being religious, in mocking the religious.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 AM #65
Richard Paul Astley

It's funny that people make jokes about her. She is a prime example of stupidity and superstition if she actually thought that using a blow dryer would take away something that she thought meant nothing in the first place, and that all people who use hair dryers are doing the same. problem is she doesn't, few people are that stupid, take note of "mock ceremony". It's just as meaningless as most marriages are.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:57 PM #66
scottlawson_11

People who get into groups and burn books (Da vinci code for example) do so to make a point. I don't think that this is very different.

They could just not read the book, or choose to ignore it in the same way that people could just not get baptized or choose to denounce thier baptizing.

Personally, I would be furious at everyone who took part in my baptising because in some cases you are basically forced into it against your will. (Fortunately I did not ever have one)
scottlawson_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:00 PM #67
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
de-baptism requires receiving a golden shower from richard dawkins.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:45 PM #68
akatch79
Queen of the Norse

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlawson_11 View Post
People who get into groups and burn books (Da vinci code for example) do so to make a point. I don't think that this is very different.

They could just not read the book, or choose to ignore it in the same way that people could just not get baptized or choose to denounce thier baptizing.

Personally, I would be furious at everyone who took part in my baptising because in some cases you are basically forced into it against your will. (Fortunately I did not ever have one)
Doing something to make a point does NOT make it religious. Is burning a flag a religious ceremony? Breaking a bottle of champagne against a boat's hull to "name" it?

Maybe it is a bit silly, but it isn't affecting you, so why do you care?
akatch79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 PM #69
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatch79 View Post
Doing something to make a point does NOT make it religious. Is burning a flag a religious ceremony? Breaking a bottle of champagne against a boat's hull to "name" it?

Maybe it is a bit silly, but it isn't affecting you, so why do you care?
actually, some would argue especially with the breaking the champagne bottle, that it is incredibly similar to a religious activity.
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote