Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 PM #85
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed
 
i ate christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
^Yeah, that is what I was thinking, since for me it still says I am verified after I change my address.

When I change my address and send money to someone it still says it is verified, even though I just changed it.... I will change it again and see if it still does this.
__________________
PRNDL Development Studios
Securis: iOS | Android
Bomb Defuse: iOS | Android | WP7

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2009, 11:11 PM #86
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by i ate christ View Post
When I change my address and send money to someone it still says it is verified, even though I just changed it.... I will change it again and see if it still does this.
yeah, send me the $, I'll test it out for you

1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 PM #87
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Illadelph, PA
Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
So I verify my address, then before buying the badge, I change my address, and you have address #2 "on file" and not the original...
The current method is very similar to the method we were using for the old trusts, it's been in use for years and works just fine. Tony designed both implementations of it and tested them extensively.
__________________
[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 PM #88
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
that post does not address the concern...other than the weak attempt at saying that Tony designed it, so it has to work.

just saying
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM #89
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Illadelph, PA
Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
that post does not address the concern...other than the weak attempt at saying that Tony designed it, so it has to work.

just saying
Go ahead and test it out if you're certain you've found a "loophole".
__________________
[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 PM #90
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed
 
i ate christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
yeah, send me the $, I'll test it out for you

Don't tell me you want it as a gift do you?

Just checked. I have 5 addresses on one of my paypal addresses. Right now all of them are confirmed even though 3 of them are not even in the state that I live in and one is a PO box. So let's say, hypothetically, I were to buy this bst trust, hell I'll put it as my PO Box address (at least it is in the same state I live in). It is confirmed so I would get the little badge thing, then let's say, again hypothetically, I were to scam someone. How would you help them? How would giving them a PO Box help them? I could easily change the name as well any time I like on the PO Box.

Example of two of my addresses in paypal:


Both confirmed, but how can anyone trust the PO box? I can get screenshots of the confirmed addresses in states I don't even live in (one of them doesn't even have my name for God's sake) and they all say confirmed. One is in IL, one in WI, one in FL.
__________________
PRNDL Development Studios
Securis: iOS | Android
Bomb Defuse: iOS | Android | WP7

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)

Last edited by i ate christ : 08-12-2009 at 11:23 PM.
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 PM #91
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I'm not going to give PBN $8 to test it's system. Thanks.
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:18 PM #92
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Illadelph, PA
Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by i ate christ View Post
Don't tell me you want it as a gift do you?

Just checked. I have 5 addresses on one of my paypal addresses. Right now all of them are confirmed even though 3 of them are not even in the state that I live in and one is a PO box. So let's say, hypothetically, I were to buy this bst trust, hell I'll put it as my PO Box address (at least it is in the same state I live in). It is confirmed so I would get the little badge thing, then let's say, again hypothetically, I were to scam someone. How would you help them? How would giving them a PO Box help them? I could easily change the name as well any time I like on the PO Box.
Have you ever seen a credit report before? All of your prior address information if confirmed at some point is of great value to law enforcement when it comes to busting people for mail fraud.
__________________
[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:25 PM #93
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed
 
i ate christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
Yes, but what I asked is if you receive all of my addresses when I send money or only the address that I included in the payment. With or without this bst trust you would have to contact paypal to get any other information, but again, correct me if I'm wrong. I am just going on knowledge that I have figured out on my own by reading this thread and taking a glance at my paypal 5 seconds ago.
__________________
PRNDL Development Studios
Securis: iOS | Android
Bomb Defuse: iOS | Android | WP7

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:29 PM #94
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Illadelph, PA
Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by i ate christ View Post
Yes, but what I asked is if you receive all of my addresses when I send money or only the address that I included in the payment. With or without this bst trust you would have to contact paypal to get any other information, but again, correct me if I'm wrong. I am just going on knowledge that I have figured out on my own by reading this thread and taking a glance at my paypal 5 seconds ago.
We receive whatever your primary address is. If it's not confirmed, or your bank account information is not verified, the subscription fails and you get refunded (manually).

It's not the "address you include", it's what's attached to your account and specified as your primary. If your address was a P.O. Box, and you ripped someone off, you realize that it's the postmaster general who works in conjunction with LEO on these fraud cases, who have all of the information you used to open the box on file.

Furthermore, we've worked with law enforcement on many occasions helping to nail people for fraud, and paypal information has come into play more than once.

I can assure you, we spent more than "5 seconds" glancing at paypal and developing this system, it's been in use ever since we implemented the first iteration of BST Trust years ago, and has served us well.
__________________
[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 PM #95
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
so where is my BST trusts from the ASMs I have purchased?
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 PM #96
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed
 
i ate christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
We receive whatever your primary address is. If it's not confirmed, or your bank account information is not verified, the subscription fails and you get refunded (manually).

It's not the "address you include", it's what's attached to your account and specified as your primary. If your address was a P.O. Box, and you ripped someone off, you realize that it's the postmaster general who works in conjunction with LEO on these fraud cases, who have all of the information you used to open the box on file.
That is the address I have listed as "home" correct? I can change the "home" address any time I wish.
Furthermore, we've worked with law enforcement on many occasions helping to nail people for fraud, and paypal information has come into play more than once.

I can assure you, we spent more than "5 seconds" glancing at paypal and developing this system, it's been in use ever since we implemented the first iteration of BST Trust years ago, and has served us well.
I always thought PO Boxes were not safe at all when dealing with scams (I gave the PO my name and showed them an ID and that's about it when I opened the PO Box, been paying with cash for the past year as well, so what information do they have?? Why would a scammer care if they opened the PO Box? You already had hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise since I am quite sure that it takes a LONG time for the PO to do just about anything.

Fine, let's say I make an address in FL my home address (I've never been to FL in my life, I had to add an address for a friend when I bought him something) how would that be able to help those who were scammed at all?

I am not trying to bash it, but want to make sure it is safe and makes users actually trustworthy when they have it. I was planning on buying it but decided to read the thread before I did and ask a few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
so where is my BST trusts from the ASMs I have purchased?
Do you have any idea how much PBN charged for B/S/T trusts? You get 5 when you became asm right?
__________________
PRNDL Development Studios
Securis: iOS | Android
Bomb Defuse: iOS | Android | WP7

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:42 PM #97
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
yeah, 5 with ASM, so I had at least 10
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM #98
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Illadelph, PA
Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by i ate christ View Post
I always thought PO Boxes were not safe at all when dealing with scams (I gave the PO my name and showed them an ID and that's about it when I opened the PO Box, been paying with cash for the past year as well, so what information do they have?? Why would a scammer care if they opened the PO Box? You already had hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise since I am quite sure that it takes a LONG time for the PO to do just about anything.

Fine, let's say I make an address in FL my home address (I've never been to FL in my life, I had to add an address for a friend when I bought him something) how would that be able to help those who were scammed at all?

I am not trying to bash it, but want to make sure it is safe and makes users actually trustworthy when they have it. I was planning on buying it but decided to read the thread before I did and ask a few questions.
So you're telling me you showed the post office an ID and gave them your name, and you don't see how that somehow links you to it? You'd be surprised at how quickly mail fraud cases go through, some of our theft report mods are up to their elbows in cases on a regular basis.

If you set your primary address to some random address in Florida, your subscription will not go through because you have not confirmed it with paypal.
__________________
[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM #99
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed
 
i ate christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
yeah, 5 with ASM, so I had at least 10
Do you have any idea how much they were when PbN sold them? $4.95 right?

Any ideas?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3181881
__________________
PRNDL Development Studios
Securis: iOS | Android
Bomb Defuse: iOS | Android | WP7

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)

Last edited by i ate christ : 08-13-2009 at 12:03 AM.
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM #100
FHNhockey37
Bang bang.
 
FHNhockey37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: STL
FHNhockey37 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FHNhockey37 supports Team VICIOUS
FHNhockey37 plays in the APPA D5 division
FHNhockey37 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
so where is my BST trusts from the ASMs I have purchased?
Read the rest of the thread and you'll find out. No one used the BST trusts so they did away with them and implemented this new system. Apparently the BST trusts haven't been advertised with ASM subscriptions for a while now and no one even noticed.
__________________
FHNhockey37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 PM #101
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoller View Post
"nobody used them so we took them away, and now we are making you pay for them again"



or something like that
yeah, seems like it to me....
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:07 AM #102
biggm28
It's Big M
 
biggm28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **937**
biggm28 is a Paintball photographer
biggm28 is Legendary
biggm28 is Boss
So can I get a discount on my asm now that I dont get my BST trusts... That was part of the deal. I get 2 gold ups and 7 bst trust and 24/7 search...
biggm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 AM #103
1stGenRex
Easily Amused
 
1stGenRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DERPghanistan
1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
YEAH, $2 off

1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 AM #104
RuFiO13
Doogan
 
RuFiO13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Illinois
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHNhockey37 View Post
Read the rest of the thread and you'll find out. No one used the BST trusts so they did away with them and implemented this new system. Apparently the BST trusts haven't been advertised with ASM subscriptions for a while now and no one even noticed.
Although I had no intentions of ever using them, but how would someone that did use the Trusts know that they stopped advertising them when they probably automatically renewed for ASM every year? They had no need to check what was being advertised as a perk to ASM.

I think it would have been a smarter move to set a certain time window for ASM members to subscribe to this new Trust system for free for three months. Make announcements that it is free for a limited time and then will be marked up to it's standard ASM price it is at now. Some users may not feel like they are getting ripped off so much this way.

Last edited by RuFiO13 : 08-13-2009 at 12:18 AM.
RuFiO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 AM #105
biggm28
It's Big M
 
biggm28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **937**
biggm28 is a Paintball photographer
biggm28 is Legendary
biggm28 is Boss
I think that was 1.35 per. I had 9 of them so that is $12.15 that was Stolen from me basically... Thanks a lot, I am a believer in dont bite the hand that feeds you

I should make a thief report on PBN... They stole meh BST
biggm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump