Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 PM #64
PlayBallzOut
player extaordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargg View Post
which part?

the talking down to us or the no free case of paint
All I hear is "I'm not getting something for free - WAAHHH!"

The guys's trying to apologize for something and all u can do is rip into him?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM #65
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

A subdued reply!

Playballzout,

As the person whom was instrumental for indirectly starting this thread. One of my teamates started this thread without my knowledge. Since I dont know you. I am wondering if you were a tanker that heard the speech from Mr. Breslin. I at no time have ripped into him. But some others whom posted are more out spoken then me. I saw his apology and we want you post and kinda laughed. Then didnt really want us at the game but do now because we have mentioned what was said in a few posts. Its just when you first meet someone and they basically started a sentance "hello - we dont want your tank here - but want you because what you bring to the game" in a way makes a person kinda feel dis-respected in a way. Those are not his actual words. But are in a nutshell. I dont recall now everything he said.

I have played paintball for over twenty five years all over this country. Mostly on the eastcoast. I have been a regular scenerio player at this field and others for many years. I have played at this field off and on for over 15 years. The last two years I havent missed one scenerio game because I got into tanking. If tanks pose majors problems at Skirmish then let them come out and inform everyone they dont want them at this field before they take our un-refundable registration fees. The fact they decided not to provide tankers one case of paint must of been a decision prior to this game. Because I was told by one of the other tankers on our team. When he registered a month or two before the event they informed him he would recieve a case of paint. I didnt think about it because everytime I have came here one was provided. Doesnt matter to me about the paint. I knew I was going to shoot alot and brought along the extra money. Not all fields provide a case but when they do its a nice gesture. Because they know that people like to shoot at moving targets whether they can take it out or not. So you can sumize here the reason fields give us a case of paint is because they know people are going to buy more paint because of it. But I dont think the $468 (6 cases - 1 per tank x $78) extra retail dollars they made along with the total gross revenues from this game would have been missed. I sort of wonder how much money in free prizes were given away at the end of the game to the role players and other players totaled out to be. I am sure it total more then the cost of 6 cases of paint at wholesale prices. More then likely the prizes given out were from the vendors and not Skirmish. In another post to Mr. Breslin I informed him a apology wasnt necessary at least to me. But an explanation of Skirmish's sumation on the tanks would be. I still havent heard anything from him. At least on this thread. BTW, I heard a rumor already. I am not sure if its true. I heard that tanks were not going to be allowed at the "Battle for Britain" game. Would someone official please respond to this rumor so if its true I can possibly schedule myself at another field during this timeframe.

Nelson
Team CroMagnum
Old 07-31-2009, 07:42 AM #66
deadpooll
Loudmouth

I did not start this thread to cause trouble. My teamates had sone legitimate questions about what his experience at ION was and I started this thread thinking he could get a better response here than where he originally posted. I was only trying to help him out.

I have played with Nelson for 3 years now and have not seen him as one to piss and moan for no good reason. What others also don't realize is being in a tank is the only way he can actually play paintball due to a medical condition. So for someone to tell him, your tank is not needed, you are taking away the only part of paintball he can do and ruining his fun. Not to mention not allowing him to play with his teamtes.

How many people would be happy if someone said sorry but we don't need you but your teamates can play? By saying we don't need tanks, that is essentially what Skirmish told him. I don't think many would be happy.

Corporate Donors: Commissioned Credentials, ANS Gear, Zephyr Paintball
Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 PM #67
dermilchmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
My Panzer looks great with all those kill rings on the barrel I was going to paint it before ion but couldnt get anyone to mix up panzer yellow wtf.
WTF is the world coming to when you can't get Panzer yellow.

http://thekorporation.webs.com/
Sponsored by ANSgear
American MVT Eye of the Eagle 09
German General Stalingrad in Vermont 09
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM #68
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
My Panzer looks great with all those kill rings on the barrel I was going to paint it before ion but couldnt get anyone to mix up panzer yellow wtf.
Im sorry, was that a shot?

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM #69
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
Im sorry, was that a shot?
what are you talking about? Panzer Yellow is the yellow brown color that was the standard color for German armor. they added green and sometimes red/brown on top to camo it

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 AM #70
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
what are you talking about? Panzer Yellow is the yellow brown color that was the standard color for German armor. they added green and sometimes red/brown on top to camo it
Oh, I thought you were busting my chops about our team colors! LOL

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Old 08-10-2009, 06:40 PM #71
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

An update from Skirmish on tanks.

Hello all,

Just be adivised that what I am about to say is nothing official and no final decisions on behalf of Skirmish Management regarding tanks. This in no way is an announcement for or by Skirmish. I was not asked to post this info. But wanted to do so to keep you all informed. This post is based on just talk between myself and Skirmish game Director Mr. Terry Breslin. Just based on the fact that within the past two weeks I have had two telephone conversations with him on these tanking posts. Since I started the post and asked for answers by Skirmish this is what has transpired to this point.

Basically Mr. Breslin has advised in our converstions that Skirmish Management will welcome all tanks at Skirmish in the future. They realize tanks are an important part of the game in many respects. He apologised for any mis-information or the way his pre-game inspection talks were interpreted by us tankers. I guess we must realize that using tanks in games is a big hit on staffing schedules and coordinating refs for tanks can be troublesome at times. He did advise that tanks may not be allowed at the next "Battle for Britain" game or other certain events. But thats no problem because tanks havent been at this game in the past. He also advised that Skirmish is in the process of re-evaluating all rules and requirements involving tanks. And will set forth a new policy on them in the near future. Myself and others have provided some tanking rules and other inputs to him as part of their evaluation. I mainly suggested to have a pre-game meeting with all tank crewman and tank refs to make sure all rules for the game are consistant. I also sent him some rules on a scenerio using vehicles/tanks as airplanes for future games. This is done at other fields around the country. He advise this could be implemented at the Stalingrad game or the ION '10 game. But wanted to discuss this new airplane option with Skirmish Management and other individuals that normally make up the military game staffs to see if this could be added to the scenerios.

Concerning perks. He did advise that in the future all tankers that pre-register for a specific game will recieve a free case of paint and two free registrations for crewman. If you dont pre-register you dont get the perks when you show up.

I hope for some of you that had concerns including myself. That Mr. Breslin has expressed his concerns and willingness to work with us tankers and all players. I personally feel the next time I show up at Skirmish with my tank. Most or all of the rhetoric will be gone and we can look forward to better cooperation from Mr. Breslin and his staff.

Regards,

Nelson Breland
Team CroMagnum Armor
Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 PM #72
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

An update from Skirmish on tanks.

Hello all,

Just be adivised that what I am about to say is nothing official and no final decisions on behalf of Skirmish Management regarding tanks. This in no way is an announcement for or by Skirmish. I was not asked to post this info. But wanted to do so to keep you all informed. This post is based on just talk between myself and Skirmish game Director Mr. Terry Breslin. Just based on the fact that within the past two weeks I have had two telephone conversations with him on these tanking posts. Since I started the post and asked for answers by Skirmish this is what has transpired to this point.

Basically Mr. Breslin has advised in our converstions that Skirmish Management will welcome all tanks at Skirmish in the future. They realize tanks are an important part of the game in many respects. He apologised for any mis-information or the way his pre-game inspection talks were interpreted by us tankers. I guess we must realize that using tanks in games is a big hit on staffing schedules and coordinating refs for tanks can be troublesome at times. He did advise that tanks may not be allowed at the next "Battle for Britain" game or other certain events. But thats no problem because tanks havent been at this game in the past. He also advised that Skirmish is in the process of re-evaluating all rules and requirements involving tanks. And will set forth a new policy on them in the near future. Myself and others have provided some tanking rules and other inputs to him as part of their evaluation. I mainly suggested to have a pre-game meeting with all tank crewman and tank refs to make sure all rules for the game are consistant. I also sent him some rules on a scenerio using vehicles/tanks as airplanes for future games. This is done at other fields around the country. He advise this could be implemented at the Stalingrad game or the ION '10 game. But wanted to discuss this new airplane option with Skirmish Management and other individuals that normally make up the military game staffs to see if this could be added to the scenerios.

Concerning perks. He did advise that in the future all tankers that pre-register for a specific game will recieve a free case of paint and two free registrations for crewman. If you dont pre-register you dont get the perks when you show up.

I hope for some of you that had concerns including myself. That Mr. Breslin has expressed his concerns and willingness to work with us tankers and all players. I personally feel the next time I show up at Skirmish with my tank. Most or all of the rhetoric will be gone and we can look forward to better cooperation from Mr. Breslin and his staff.

Regards,

Nelson Breland
Team CroMagnum Armor