Old 08-05-2009, 02:10 PM #1
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Lightbulb Petition for Paintball in the X _ Games

There is a online petition to have Paintball Added to the X-Games among other action sports. Please support our sport and sign the petition by following the link.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3174761
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM #2
BunkerKing5291
Hate.Heart.Love.

BunkerKing5291 plays in the USPL
BunkerKing5291 plays in the PSP
BunkerKing5291 is an NCPA player
Signed it like 2 years ago, but did it again.
SUNY Oswego Rush NCPA Alumni
BunkerKing5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 PM #3
scadreau

scadreau plays in the USPL
scadreau plays in the PSP
scadreau supports Cereal Killerz 2
scadreau plays in the APPA D4 division
It won't happen until TV people learn how to film it to make it easier to watch and know what is going on. This will require paintball players to help figure out by involving non-players to give opinions. Paintball is super hard to watch because there is not a focal point (ball/puck/etc). The entire field and all 10/14 players matter at all times. If the x-ball format is televised you have to figure out how to fill the 2 minutes between points which is not easy to do. (I would say that the announcers break down and explained what happened in the past point during that time). Then you have to figure out how to fit commercial breaks in etc etc. I am playing with some ideas but will not have anything finished until late this year (if it works out at all).

Believe me when I tell you plenty of people have talked to ESPN and the X-Games people about it. It is addressed a couple of times a year. We need to help them make it a watchable sport for non-players. When we accomplish that, the biggest hurdle will be crossed.
scadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 PM #4
baller-with-attitude
snakeside killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadreau View Post
It won't happen until TV people learn how to film it to make it easier to watch and know what is going on. This will require paintball players to help figure out by involving non-players to give opinions. Paintball is super hard to watch because there is not a focal point (ball/puck/etc). The entire field and all 10/14 players matter at all times. If the x-ball format is televised you have to figure out how to fill the 2 minutes between points which is not easy to do. (I would say that the announcers break down and explained what happened in the past point during that time). Then you have to figure out how to fit commercial breaks in etc etc. I am playing with some ideas but will not have anything finished until late this year (if it works out at all).

Believe me when I tell you plenty of people have talked to ESPN and the X-Games people about it. It is addressed a couple of times a year. We need to help them make it a watchable sport for non-players. When we accomplish that, the biggest hurdle will be crossed.
PSP with matty marshall they do a damn good job, with replays, guest announcers, and such.

i sat and watched all the matches without blinking an eye for the most part or looking away from the that open tab, because it was good to watch. thats the kind of format that would need to be brought to televising it.

with espn doing it there would be more replays faster, there would be more cameras, etc. lets face it, 4 cameras on a field doesnt cut it. more would be better for paintball. and with the delay they would be able to catch those moments and put them together for the public to see, much more faster.
Fat Kid Balla #40, RI Balla #25, Back Player Gang #21,SF Explicit Fan #28
RIP Joe Riley

Hawian Headhunters 2012
baller-with-attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:48 AM #5
ROCCHED

what they need is an overhead view of the entire field to show were people are at on the field and where the guns are pointing
if you can highlight players and show in the general direction of the shooting stream people will understand more and this will slow the game down someone

the coverage of psp on the psp website is great however they dont have alot of replay angles. if you notice when the show a replay the only have the replay from a single angle.
more angles and an overhead view would help explain the game to those who dont know
ROCCHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:02 PM #6
scadreau

scadreau plays in the USPL
scadreau plays in the PSP
scadreau supports Cereal Killerz 2
scadreau plays in the APPA D4 division
Matty is a great announcer. The PSP webcasts are only a 3 of 10 if you want to show it to the non-players. There are no d-side cameras and you need a good (probably two cameras "taped" together) overhead shot so you can see the field in whole. Then they would need to broadcast some type of Picture-in-Picture so you can see the entire field as well as whatever the director wants to zoom in on. They had 7 or 9 cameras at Chicago and it wasn't enough to give the full picture of the games.

I love the PSP webcasts and have watched every match at least once. But I understand what is going on since I played the field and understand the game.
scadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 PM #7
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS

what format will be played 1vs1,5man,7man etc...if it does happen itll have to be like the psp webcast but 100000x better which will be hard to beat.idk but all those above are important factors needed to make it good and in need of more to make it perfect for tv.imo

MEGAN FOX FOREVER ╓──╖
║░░║░║░╓╖░║║░║║░║║░╙─╢
║░░╙╖║░╙╜░║║░╙╜░║║░╓─╢
╙───╜╙────╜╙────╜╙───╜

POOP SKATE MOB (◣◢)┌∩┐
ToLiveInInfamy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 PM #8
quinn087

quinn087 plays in the PSP
quinn087 plays in the APPA D3 division
theve managed to get moto x racing on x games and theres no focal point there. so all hopes can come true.
quinn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:45 AM #9
Ches7er

Ches7er supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by scadreau View Post

you forget that MOST of the x games is whats called live to tape, so they have time to edit out the crap, fix any mistakes exe. the one thing that concerns me is the lenght of games most of there sports are over fast, ie vert is what 90 seconds or less, same with alot of the down hill events, but i think its a great idea and should be in, and there is a way to do it for sure.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 PM #10
quinn087

quinn087 plays in the PSP
quinn087 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ches7er View Post
you forget that MOST of the x games is whats called live to tape, so they have time to edit out the crap, fix any mistakes exe. the one thing that concerns me is the lenght of games most of there sports are over fast, ie vert is what 90 seconds or less, same with alot of the down hill events, but i think its a great idea and should be in, and there is a way to do it for sure.
but still again. the motox races are about them time it would take for games. so its still very possible.
quinn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:50 PM #11
nightwolves29

we can only hope that they do it
Old 08-08-2009, 08:33 PM #12
rrr

i remember this rumor from 4 or 5 years ago and the answer was there are no team sports at the x games so it would all have to be 1 on 1's
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:02 PM #13
stanknasty
just took a shower

stanknasty plays in the PSP
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
i still dont see why rally cars are in x-games ....sad
Old 08-14-2009, 03:15 PM #14
AdamAlone
Who can argue with that?

GL with this!!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:06 PM #15
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Watch the collegiate nationals. They are well televised.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:51 PM #16
dyiimo12

how do i find collegiate scheduale?
dyiimo12 is offline   Reply With Quote