Community Focus

Old 08-05-2009, 07:51 PM #106
GFX260
Jesse Day

GFX260 supports Team VICIOUS
GFX260 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitchy View Post
sadly sp has bad customer service but its not because they don't care, if you tihnk about it how many people try to rip them off? i mean they could probably tell you stories of people lying to them to get this free or that back etc.. maybe they've bitten off more then they can chew but i hope you get your frame back as the ion can be a sick gun

Droid, Ion, Threshy, W.e your shooting it doesn't matter i'd put my ion up against any other gun i have including my luxe because when it all comes down to it were only shooting 10 bps any gun can do it don't think you droid is special or you threshy is special there all shooting 10 bps when it comes down to it the player makes the difference

o and did any1 ever think that maybe just maybe Smart Parts is a buisness????? whoa who'd thunk that one just like DP, and Dye, BT, Tipmann, there all trying to make money thats what buisness's do i'll admit they have done some shady bad court stuff but they made a product for the masses end of story,

o and i've owned 9 Ions at one point down to 4 now sold the other 5 and made money off them so much for the no resale value =)
10bps is great for beginner tourneys, I play semi uncapped 99% of the time.
-guess you just felt like agreeing w/ me about SP being a business
-getting good money out of any paintball gun is a lot more about who you're selling to than what you're selling If you made money off them you must have bought it used cheap. If you had 9 ions you're clearly not the average ion owner who sells to upgrade or get out of the sport(these are probably the people you bought from).
GFX260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM #107
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFX260 View Post
loader/tank are irrelevant because I wasn't referring to them. I don't consider them to be part of the gun. The barrel is something I would consider to be part of the gun. Which will probably not be transferable unless they upgrade to an imp threaded gun.
Ahh, but a barrel kit is a paltry sum to pay when you just buy the back vs the entire unit. and most guys go with some sort of kit nowadays for this very reason.

Quote:
Personal expression is great & I'm all for it but it doesn't have to cost much at all to have something incredibly unique & I don't see how it's a valid point when talking about one of the most common electropneumatic guns.
Being that it is one of the most common guns is why you will see guys sink money into them to seperate them from everyone else's. A 400.00 Ion is still considered stock to most, since most of the upgrades are replacement parts for function or style, not necessarily necessity.

Quote:
Ex. I've seen blue ion bolts with the 2nd tail o-ring Identical to that of a "certain company" for $4, online they can run over $55 and the same in many shops. I know how much companies are making. When I walk into a competitors shop and see barrel sleeves for $8-$10 that they bought for ~.79 I think about it because I saw it in the sales catalog. Try buying them from SP & they are usually a lot more wholesale.
But isn't this the case for every manufacturer ?
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:34 AM #108
Blitchy

Annual Supporting Member
Blitchy helped look for balloons
Blitchy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy is for the Gunfight
Blitchy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
10bps is great for beginner tourneys, I play semi uncapped 99% of the time.
-guess you just felt like agreeing w/ me about SP being a business
-getting good money out of any paintball gun is a lot more about who you're selling to than what you're selling If you made money off them you must have bought it used cheap. If you had 9 ions you're clearly not the average ion owner who sells to upgrade or get out of the sport(these are probably the people you bought from).
i as well play uncapped semi and can get up to 20 bps on semi actually before you make any assumptions i took each bone stock took nessesary upgrades to them and sold them on average for 50-150 more then the bought price, i used the ions to make more money nor to upgrade i have plenty of guns 7 including my ion the other 3 ions are family members so i have plenty of guns for every situation or what ever i feel like playing with that day and every gun i have is maxed out and upgraded to the fullest next project i'm looking at doing is a pump autococker going to the pump side of things but thats after i sell 2 guns =p
Blitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:46 AM #109
Blitchy

Annual Supporting Member
Blitchy helped look for balloons
Blitchy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitchy is for the Gunfight
Blitchy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDM View Post
Blitchy,

You forget the Ego has a force field generator.

LOL

oo i thought everyone already knew that for all those wondering when you shoot at a player with an ego you'll notice you never hit his gun always on his body or hopper or tank never the gun its a crazy sight this is called the force field generator now have a nice day

LOL

(which would explain the 1500 Price tag?)
Blitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:47 PM #110
importcraz1

Ok last update its taken two weeks and SP to lose my marker but they sent the new one out yesterday got it today so can't complain. They lost it so replaced the whole thing. That's great still was a big pain. Anyway let this thread die now good day
importcraz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 PM #111
cbomber220

cbomber220 helped look for balloons
good to hear it worked out for you. i know two weeks without your marker sucks but trust me it could have been much worse compared to some of the stories i hear about other companies...

Utica Coalition
Henrietta Headshot Milita

Gearbag Sale, Lots of Random stuff you don't want....you need!
cbomber220 is offline   Reply With Quote