Community Focus

Old 06-30-2009, 07:08 PM #1
thaballer1028

thaballer1028 helped look for balloons
thaballer1028 is playing at Living Legends III
thaballer1028 is for the Gunfight
thaballer1028 supports Sherwood Forest
practice questions...

ok so i am the captain of a 3 man team and were doing our first tournament in mid august. we have a practice once or twice every 2 weeks. the last practice we did, we really just did breakouts, snapping, sliding/diving. is there anything else we should work on?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 PM #2
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Communication, closing/defense, offhand play.

If you are younger players you don't need a lot of drills, you just need to work on the basics. Once you master the basics then you can move on to more stuff.

If you try to learn too many things at once it can end up being counter productive.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 PM #3
thaballer1028

thaballer1028 helped look for balloons
thaballer1028 is playing at Living Legends III
thaballer1028 is for the Gunfight
thaballer1028 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee72 View Post
Communication, closing/defense, offhand play.

If you are younger players you don't need a lot of drills, you just need to work on the basics. Once you master the basics then you can move on to more stuff.

If you try to learn too many things at once it can end up being counter productive.
ok well could i have an idea on how to drill the closing/defense and communication?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 PM #4
orvilleredenbachers
buy my ****

Annual Supporting Member
orvilleredenbachers is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
orvilleredenbachers is Legendary
a drill that can help on defense aggresiveness and communication and closing somewhat is you do 3vs2 with a center flag. team with 3 is attack team with 2 is defense. defense turns around while the 3 attack hide. then attack block their vision while 2 defense hide. then it starts on a normal 3 2 1 go. the attack team has one minute to eliminate the 2 defenders and bring the flag to their side.
orvilleredenbachers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 PM #5
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
the communication one I enjoy the most, is a 2 v 2 situation, where there are 4 people on the field, two with no guns, and they teams up with one other guy, and there are two teams with one gun and one no gun player on each side. The player without a gun goes to a corner bunker or something with a wide view off the break and calls out the other player's positions so his teammate can eliminate the other player.

This can also be done with more people with whatever gun-no gun ratio you want.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM #6
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Without listing too much.

Most outnumber games work well for closing/defense, 2v3, 2v4, 3v5, whatever. Lower number get choice bunkers, higher number has to eliminate them, no run-through's, just bump moves with a time limit, 2-3 min.

For communication it's less of drilling skill than it is something you just have to always do, there are some drills for it but mostly it just something to be aware of always. You can do the 3v3 where one on each team doesn't have a marker and they can only move when and where they are told to. Something you can do to keep people aware is stop in the middle of a game and ask players about whats going on in the game. A lot of time people forget to listen, they will talk until they are horse, but fail to listen. If you keep having problems with limited communication, or they don't think it matters, make them play a few games where they are not allowed to communicate at all. That will normally get some attention. I have even done LAN parties of HALO games just for communication practice, plus it's fun for bonding.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:20 AM #7
barndawg
Dirty South Killers Capt

barndawg supports Team VICIOUS
barndawg supports Team VICIOUS
barndawg posts videos on PbNation
barndawg plays in the APPA D4 division
Best thing i can say is walk the field if they dont change it too much like your home field then you should have an advantage. But if not make sure your players that can shoot only one side stay on the side they can shoot and use this for an advantage. Know everyone on your teams strengths and weakness. Get your calls down and make sure everyone knows what the bunker names are and make the call three times and above all when you shoot someone NEVER LEAVE A DOUBT that you shot them! I dont mean make them up 20 times but get one of your team to take your mirror and snap shoot with them and call each hit and keep going then switch to your weak hand and do the same. Another good drill would be if you can buy or acquire a road cone place a golf ball on top of it and practice shooting it off behind an obstacle such as a bunker. What that does is give you a small target where in a game your used to hitting a golf ball the other players hopper will look like a mack truck so communication and keeping tucked in to your bunker and you can move up and back to manipulate your view.

Back Player Gang

Sponsored BY
PaintballBunkerOnline
http://www.paintballbunkeronline.com
barndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 PM #8
DR#99

DR#99 plays in the PSP
DR#99 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DR#99 supports Team VICIOUS
DR#99 plays in the APPA D3 division
you should work on comunication and moving up the field
but yuo should also try finding other teams to scrimmage with because you learn more from in-game experiences then just drills.
NXe:Planet Eclipse:Evil:E-Vents:MPG:Discount Specialty Sports:Empire
DR#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 PM #9
Rpfusa1
Raptor Jesus

Rpfusa1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I like the 2 vs 4 drill personally. If your playing 3-man it's not as big a factor but it helps those 2 to lock down lanes, cross up the field and keep talking to each other.

Another one is to just scrim. Even amongst yourselves. We do that a lot, just 3 vs 3's and you improve vastly
Old 07-13-2009, 09:17 PM #10
OGballer22

Communicationnnn
the grimace
OGballer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:41 PM #11
513GooDy
TreyTrey oG

513GooDy plays in the PSP
513GooDy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
513GooDy plays in the APPA D3 division
2v3's you learn to cross up, communication, and the importance of staying tight into your bunker with 2+ guns on you

www.facebook.com/effectog
513GooDy is offline   Reply With Quote