TheLastBrunnenG
Ninety Pound Gun!

TheLastBrunnenG helped look for balloons
TheLastBrunnenG supports our troops
TheLastBrunnenG has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheLastBrunnenG has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBA Gunner View Post
Dan- Sorry dude! If I want em to spin I gotta do pirouettes! (I hang my head in shame everytime someone brings that up...)

NPG- Please tell me you're not serious, or that's an exaggeration! Mine pushes 65 lbs. but 90!?! You'd have to be compensating even worse than me! And since you mentioned him- Winter is a helluva guy! He saw me lugging "The Beast" off the field (we were camped up PAST the co2 stations) and told me to throw it up on the roof of his car so I wouldn't have to carry it. And that's just the most recent AWESOME thing he's done for us over the years.
Yeah, he's awesome. My crazy setup never weighed the actual 90 pounds - kinda like Kill Bill's "Crazy 88" gang, there may not actually have been 88, they just thought it sounded cool. But it was a beast! Start with a simple mech Spyder, then add some rails and bolt-on accessories and see how far you can push it. That was before the days of the X7. If I'd had one of those, I'd have needed a trailer and it'd be re-classified as "field artillery".

Back to making a gun stand out... Pick a theme and run with it! Camo, Master Chief, super-tiny - whatever it is. it doesn't have to be expensive, you can get so creative just with parts off the shelf and a little creativity.
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 PM #23
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someonelse2 View Post
Wow thats quite the unit you have there.

Thats What SHE said.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
Old 07-26-2009, 09:35 PM #24
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchips View Post
leave it to the fat guy to want a candy bar on his marker wile your at it why not use brownies for the grips and a pack of mento's for a bolt

I have capri sun juice packs in the extra pod pouch of the tank cover ...

mmmmm refreshing.

(lets see you mock me when your playing against me and pass out from dehydration. )

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
Old 07-26-2009, 10:18 PM #25
The Artist
Dan "The Artist"

Quote:
Dan- Sorry dude! If I want em to spin I gotta do pirouettes! (I hang my head in shame everytime someone brings that up...)
Don't be shamed, that things still awesome. and 65 pounds!!! thats a pretty solid commitment right there. My guns 1.3 pounds without the hopper and tank and i was getting sick of carrying it during I.O.N. haha.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:43 AM #26
erose914
Twin Minis

erose914 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Bonvicini- Specs are as follows:

weight empty: 22lbs (no paint and no tanks)
weight loaded: 65lbs (paint and air)
guns used: 2x Tippmann A-5 with expansion chambers, Older Model E-Grips, Psycho-Ballistic front bolts, Tru-Flite 16" barrels
tanks: 2x 72 ci 3000 psi N2
hopper: 1x metal tool box which holds 2000 rounds (1 full case) and feeds both sides
frame: my own design using PVC, wood dowels, threaded steel rods, and 550 cord. (No BS... I really use paracord!)

Again, I apologize that the barrels don't actually spin and fire through all 6. However, I can empty a full case of paint in about a minute and have often used this piece for "indirect fire" by arcing the rounds up and over cover. I tend to keep my velocity a little low (230-250 fps) because I find I get optimal performance in that range. I also don't want to risk running hot just on principal. The cyclone feeds are stock from Tippmann and work well as long as I use quality paint. I put about 10,000 rnds through it at ION 2009 and had only one jam at about 9,000. There is a discussion on another thread about using two guns and a ref declared this legal because it's all tied in to one trigger. With that said I have been booted from other game "just because" the ref said so. This goes with the territory, and I always accept the ruling of the ref closest to me, regardless of what the last ref said was "okay" five minutes prior. Feel free to PM or email me.
If you wanna field something like this just remember what Uncle Ben told Spidey- "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"!
Ever think about trying to make the paint/tanks into an on your back thing? I think that'd be kickass, assuming you could figure out some way to get the paint over to your guns reliably...

Twin Minis Black / Blue
Black / Blue SLG 08
Clear Droid
Gun Metal Mini
Old 07-27-2009, 06:15 AM #27
noah harper
••E-BRAKE••

noah harper donated to help Peyton Trent
noah harper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noah harper supports Team VICIOUS
noah harper supports Bob Gurnsey
noah harper supports Pev's Paintball
noah harper is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchips View Post
leave it to the fat guy to want a candy bar on his marker wile your at it why not use brownies for the grips and a pack of mento's for a bolt
Ummmm yes... DUH!!! Mentos chop balls though, I would use Rolos

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose914 View Post
Ever think about trying to make the paint/tanks into an on your back thing? I think that'd be kickass, assuming you could figure out some way to get the paint over to your guns reliably...
it's called a warp feed... you hook up the bottom half of a Halo to a warp feed to push it.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:15 PM #28
SCUBA Gunner
I Dive - I Shoot

erose914- My teammates and i discuss that very thing on a regular basis. I have found it easier to resupply when everything is on the gun. I can reload myself, (usually) get my tanks on and off, and operate the gun on my own with little-to-no assistance. It also allows me to put the gun down and let another person pick it up and operate it. It is a completely independant marker, even if it is a bit oversized. Putting the paint on my back would allow me to carry far more ammo, but would increase overall weight and limit mobility even more than it already is. (I tend to not get too far from the beach already!) My wife even suggested taking one of my SCUBA tanks and using it as an air supply. She over-estimates my awesomeness!
With that said, these are all great ideas- I'm working with the set-up that currently serves my purpose well. I am working on some redesigns for next year, and have taken up a new physical fitness routine. Hopefully, I will be much stronger next year with a more streamlined killing machine!
Since it seems we've taken over this thread anyhow- What do you guys think about painting the gun to look like the WWII fighters with the shark face on the "cone"?
Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions! Feel free to PM or email me.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:08 PM #29
erose914
Twin Minis

erose914 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
erose914- My teammates and i discuss that very thing on a regular basis. I have found it easier to resupply when everything is on the gun. I can reload myself, (usually) get my tanks on and off, and operate the gun on my own with little-to-no assistance. It also allows me to put the gun down and let another person pick it up and operate it. It is a completely independant marker, even if it is a bit oversized. Putting the paint on my back would allow me to carry far more ammo, but would increase overall weight and limit mobility even more than it already is. (I tend to not get too far from the beach already!) My wife even suggested taking one of my SCUBA tanks and using it as an air supply. She over-estimates my awesomeness!
With that said, these are all great ideas- I'm working with the set-up that currently serves my purpose well. I am working on some redesigns for next year, and have taken up a new physical fitness routine. Hopefully, I will be much stronger next year with a more streamlined killing machine!
Since it seems we've taken over this thread anyhow- What do you guys think about painting the gun to look like the WWII fighters with the shark face on the "cone"?
Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions! Feel free to PM or email me.
Makes sense. Totally understand that you don't want to have an 'assistant' just to play, would be kinda lame. It would be badass, but the other guy would probably get bored and I'd feel bad not letting him have as much fun as I would be.

and LOL with the scuba tank. I just bought one recently so I can fill up at some of the fields I play at, and man is that thing heavy. Everyone makes fun of me cuz it's so huge, I laugh back and say that i get 10 fills for the price of 1.33, so I'm happy.

Also, the paint job would be awesome. You've already made an awesome/unique gun. I'm sure anything else you can think of will make it just that more awesome.

Twin Minis Black / Blue
Black / Blue SLG 08
Clear Droid
Gun Metal Mini
Old 08-03-2009, 04:33 PM #30
cornchips
got any dip?

cornchips is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah harper View Post
Ummmm yes... DUH!!! Mentos chop balls though, I would use Rolos.
i love rolos
Joey aka Cornchips #12 proud member of Team Predator
teampredator 2008-Battle of the Bulge MVT
Sponsored by Predator's Den Paintball Supply, Newton, NJ
"Originally posted by PyroManiac:
TeamPredator - your reputation as an honest, hard hitting relentless bunch of killers are well deserved. I feel sorry for anyone that has to go up against a full squad of your team!
*The views expressed by Shag77 are not necessarily that of Team Predator. Any similiarites between persons live or dead is merely coincidental-Predator Legal