PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2009, 02:05 PM #85
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5072 View Post
Dude, I have to give you credit on that. When I left paintball in 2007 the Rockstar teams were nowhere near as successful as they are now, and there seems to be MORE of them, lol!

Nice work Mike.
Thanks! Always push and never give up!
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2009, 06:59 PM #86
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
Chris,
That is not what happened w/ those leagues or w/ the money.
There are multiple accounts from multiple people directly involved with the situation plus signed bankruptcy court filings which state that is exactly what happened.

Quote:
And maybe this "anger" is because the NPPL and XPSL decided to use/ make their own ID system and not use yours? And Shawn is still not using yours.....
Why would I be angry about that? I got paid for XPSL for a year, and got out before I wound up owed a bunch of money in the bankruptcy or with my company tied up with and destroyed by it (like PB2X).

If there's anything I might be personally mad at Shawn about, it would be the whole network television fiasco.

Quote:
Shawn is still doing what he loves to do, and from what I can see has the best and most professional set up for a league and fields...
Easy to do with the money and assets he misappropriated from Pacific Paintball. Hell, the ID Pro itself is part of the scam.

The Walkers took literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS out of the Pacific Paintball coffers, between salaries to family members for work not performed to Pacific Paintball assets still in Shawn's possession to money paid for the ID Pro - which never worked, and is even now a STOLEN Pacific Paintball asset. It was almost brilliant - sell the ID Pro to Pacific Paintball, get paid for it, then drive Pacific Paintball into bankruptcy and continue to use it as if you had not sold it! (I don't know that that was the plan in advance, but that's the result.)

Shawn may run a great local league right now. Certainly a great value with all the free/discounted entry fees he's giving away to keep his numbers up. And if you're in a position to take advantage of it, you should - might as well have that money promote paintball somehow. But don't forget where that money came from. Pacific Paintball had the investment to really take the sport somewhere, and Shawn stole the money, in the process killing NPPL, XPSL and PB2X.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:06 PM #87
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Oh geeze, here we go again!
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON
Terry59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:40 PM #88
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus311man View Post
I just think wcppl is a better sell in southern california because we predominantly play 7 man. In most other parts of the country, Xball is the dominant format and it shows. Not many Southern California teams play Xball anymore, we're all putting our money into WCPPL because it's cheap, has great prizes, and it's local, no travel money necessary. If you break down all the costs of a USPL tournament it just isn't as cost-effective as WCPPL. You aren't getting as much bang for your buck which, in times like these, is most important to people.
well this is a very interesting post
megabork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 PM #89
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
There are multiple accounts from multiple people directly involved with the situation plus signed bankruptcy court filings which state that is exactly what happened.

Why would I be angry about that? I got paid for XPSL for a year, and got out before I wound up owed a bunch of money in the bankruptcy or with my company tied up with and destroyed by it (like PB2X).

If there's anything I might be personally mad at Shawn about, it would be the whole network television fiasco.

Easy to do with the money and assets he misappropriated from Pacific Paintball. Hell, the ID Pro itself is part of the scam.

The Walkers took literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS out of the Pacific Paintball coffers, between salaries to family members for work not performed to Pacific Paintball assets still in Shawn's possession to money paid for the ID Pro - which never worked, and is even now a STOLEN Pacific Paintball asset. It was almost brilliant - sell the ID Pro to Pacific Paintball, get paid for it, then drive Pacific Paintball into bankruptcy and continue to use it as if you had not sold it! (I don't know that that was the plan in advance, but that's the result.)

Shawn may run a great local league right now. Certainly a great value with all the free/discounted entry fees he's giving away to keep his numbers up. And if you're in a position to take advantage of it, you should - might as well have that money promote paintball somehow. But don't forget where that money came from. Pacific Paintball had the investment to really take the sport somewhere, and Shawn stole the money, in the process killing NPPL, XPSL and PB2X.

- Chris
everything chris said is an unarguable fact, revising history is option if you choose to do so however
megabork is offline   Reply With Quote