PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM #64
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by poso View Post
really we werent competive last year or the year before.Wow well be around for awhile were going to try all the events.The kids that have left town are the weaker players.Trust me if you have talent your playing for my organization.Last I looked a bakersfield team was tops in rpl and like I said we will try some other leagues.As far as my league I dont own one.You guys just seem bitter that someone else can come along whos not in your little click and have a little success.Iam sure when I pay my entry the wcppl will be happy I came.Poso Creek paintball will be around for years some of these leagues and the players will be long gone!
^ This is a classic example of a "soccer mom" on crack! Smash on those that do not see things your way! Insult them and then state in anger that you're the best! And no one else is better...

I'm also not bitter! It has taken me three years to get my teams to be as competitive as they are. A lot of hard work.. and w/ a minimum amount of yelling BTW.

I hope no one takes your $$... I wouldn't.....

Yeah, don't compare yourself to Hinman! Please!

But as far as POSO being on top in RPL, almost on top.. Rockstar Rebels have been in 1st since the beginning of the season, and took your guys out in the last RPL.
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2009, 07:55 PM #65
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Im lost... is this thread on a totally different topic ?? I think the Mods should really just delete this and the other flame thread and move on.. See everyone August 28th
Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 PM #66
southbaykilla
EC

Quote:
really we werent competive last year or the year before.Wow well be around for awhile were going to try all the events.The kids that have left town are the weaker players.Trust me if you have talent your playing for my organization.Last I looked a bakersfield team was tops in rpl and like I said we will try some other leagues.As far as my league I dont own one.You guys just seem bitter that someone else can come along whos not in your little click and have a little success.Iam sure when I pay my entry the wcppl will be happy I came.Poso Creek paintball will be around for years some of these leagues and the players will be long gone!

Dude put the meth pipe down. Some of your so called better players tried out a few times for teams down south and couldn't hang with the big boys so they returned to Bako....There r just a few players and 1 team out of Bako that was worth anything and those players were on 1 team Enigma. Oh yeah and Heath from SDA and Steven who plays down south.....So I guess you failed again to prove your point. Quit your ranting and hope your team lives up to your hype!!! Maybe more players but if they play for you they r sandbagging .......

Good luck to U....

Last edited by southbaykilla : 07-28-2009 at 08:44 PM.
southbaykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM #67
Johnny5072
Center50 Films

Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
^ This is a classic example of a "soccer mom" on crack! Smash on those that do not see things your way! Insult them and then state in anger that you're the best! And no one else is better...

I'm also not bitter! It has taken me three years to get my teams to be as competitive as they are. A lot of hard work.. and w/ a minimum amount of yelling BTW.

I hope no one takes your $$... I wouldn't.....

Yeah, don't compare yourself to Hinman! Please!

But as far as POSO being on top in RPL, almost on top.. Rockstar Rebels have been in 1st since the beginning of the season, and took your guys out in the last RPL.
Dude, I have to give you credit on that. When I left paintball in 2007 the Rockstar teams were nowhere near as successful as they are now, and there seems to be MORE of them, lol!

Nice work Mike.
Johnny5072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 AM #68
KillNit
I have no opinion!!

KillNit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would like to thank all of you guys for making some very valid points. Mike O'Malley, I'm very impressed by your support of the sport. The marine that made that stellar post, all of you.....Thank you.

KCK is from Bakersfield, however we do not agree with the statements made by Mr Cooper. We are a group of guys that really enjoy playing this sport and don't believe in the BS that is going on. So please if you ever run into us at an event, don't put us in that category of people that spew this crap.

I think all of the series's are trying to put on economical events in tough times. Everyone is going to have a difference of opinion. I know for us the RPL was the fit for now due to time and money. Next year WCPPL is where we will be looking to move to hopefully. And maybe if things work out all of these leagues can survive and listen to the players a bit and like any corporation....grow!

Again thank you all, see you guys at the next one.
And yes we took 2nd in 3man/5man AA division.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 AM #69
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye View Post
Are you kidding?? I didnt even play the event.... I just went to watch and support the only USPL event at SC village this year cuz it is my old birthing grounds.

I didnt play... kind of like you Terry.... you lost.
Crap on a event, is that the support you have for the only USPL event at SC Village?
FAIL!
Your old birthing grounds and you expected this to be disney world.
I might have lost, but I played and participated and made the Sunday cut, why don't you show up to DC, so this 50yr old goat can bunker your ***.
Grow up wanna be popstar!
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON

Last edited by Terry59 : 07-29-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Terry59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 AM #70
TeamLegend
Swift, Silent, & Deadly

TeamLegend is a Professional paintball player
TeamLegend plays in the USPL
TeamLegend donated to help Peyton Trent
Refer to page 10 on the thread BShort created and check out the comment Richard Guidry made from Chicago Legend. Pretty much sums it up.
TeamLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:51 AM #71
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
Who's a tool......?
Poso, if he really wrote, "Most paintball players are pussies and I bet you fall under that category.Anybody who plays out of bako is under my control because ive got all the $$$$.You bet Iam bashing fields because if you knew me you would know that i TAKE THINGS FROM PEOPLE AND YOU CAN BET I am eying some of these little ****ty leagues.****IN POOH BUTT"

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 AM #72
OMaLLeY

^^ mos' def' a tool, and not a help to the sport....
Old 07-29-2009, 11:32 AM #73
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
all your Bako paintball players, are belong to us?
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:13 PM #74
thezoolander
Derp.

thezoolander owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thezoolander supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillNit View Post
I would like to thank all of you guys for making some very valid points. Mike O'Malley, I'm very impressed by your support of the sport. The marine that made that stellar post, all of you.....Thank you.

KCK is from Bakersfield, however we do not agree with the statements made by Mr Cooper. We are a group of guys that really enjoy playing this sport and don't believe in the BS that is going on. So please if you ever run into us at an event, don't put us in that category of people that spew this crap.

I think all of the series's are trying to put on economical events in tough times. Everyone is going to have a difference of opinion. I know for us the RPL was the fit for now due to time and money. Next year WCPPL is where we will be looking to move to hopefully. And maybe if things work out all of these leagues can survive and listen to the players a bit and like any corporation....grow!

Again thank you all, see you guys at the next one.
And yes we took 2nd in 3man/5man AA division.
I want to make sure people see this post and I don't want everyone to think all Bako players are under Poso's control. KCK is a Bakersfield team and Poso in no way owns us.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 PM #75
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Maybe some players better think about the fact that only shawn walker has ever really had legit tournys.NPPL XPSL.The economy effected the sport.Hes back with the RPL and it is ran extremly well.It doesnt surprise me that this league is stinking it up!3&5 man is here for a while seven man may recover and it may not.
Shawn ran XPSL into such a debt hole he had to find an investor to get him out of it. He did find one he managed to convince to invest millions in paintball. He then proceeded to take that money, steal a bunch of it, pay himself a bunch of it, pay his family members a bunch of it, and in under 2 years, run the new NPPL and XPSL into such a debt hole that there was no way out.

Now he is running RPL handing out free entries to lots of teams trying to rebuild a name for himself. He really has no other option, as only brand-spanking-new players are not going to remember his history.

My advice: As long as Shawn Walker is willing to throw in piles of money to run events at a loss, take advantage of his cheap events. But don't be surprised when one day whatever he's running collapses under it's own weight, and don't forget that Shawn Walker is the guy who took millions of dollars that was invested in paintball and, instead of doing something to make paintball better, stole it for himself.

That all, of course, is assuming they don't just toss him in prison first.

- Chris
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 PM #76
paintballcapt062
RTK CEREAL KILLER

Annual Supporting Member
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballcapt062 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The fight Taking place in this thread is nothing new to paintball in any area with multiple fields and You can bet that those fields have ego's like POSO. I havent played paintball in a year because a similar divide like this in wichita KS, made me lose faith in paintball as a brotherhood.

Matte the owner of The edge has specific view points of the sport and the politics meant to run it. obviously a successful business man he has made his view point known to the paintball scene in wichita, making his camp one of the most successful in the area. I played for him and learned his side. i don't agree with it but i cannot argue with the success Matte has had.

Just like on here people personally attack people to make points, you simply can't argue with a successful program. Even if POSO isnt the nicest guy on the planet he obviously has taken a group of kids and has made some relative success. O'Malley, you sir are too a successful person in our chosen sport and your opinion is vastly different than POSO. What does this mean? That success isnt dictated by personality but tenacity.

In short people of all opinions and walks of life play paintball and build winning teams from different perspectives that everyone might not agree on. Tough, adapt overcome and survive.
SPONSORED BY: G.I. SPORTZ
Nitro Paintball

VICIOUS GEO 3 FST SO FRESH AND CLEAN
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:23 PM #77
southbaykilla
EC

The difference between what O Malley and Poso (Brett) is like night and day. Rockstar is a successful team/program. Poso on the other hasn't produced a win except maybe 2nd or last since only 2 teams played.

Just because Brett says he has a successful program doesn't mean it's true. Instead of bashing EVERY player that plays this sport calling them p*****, except those in Bako, is completly ignorant. Let see what happens in a league with more than 2 teams. My bet is on a program that has proven itself tourney after tourney not a program run by someone that berates and belittles his players and says he has a successful program.
southbaykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM #78
paintballcapt062
RTK CEREAL KILLER

Annual Supporting Member
paintballcapt062 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballcapt062 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballcapt062 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have no excuses for how that person acts or treats people. Simply i am saying that people run programs differently. This thread is case and point. In Bako it seems like poso runs things. People do not agree with him so they choose to go elsewhere. Like i said its not a matter of personality alone that dictates success, but i do agree that better personalities breed better players.
SPONSORED BY: G.I. SPORTZ
Nitro Paintball

VICIOUS GEO 3 FST SO FRESH AND CLEAN
paintballcapt062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 PM #79
Kanye
The Lord of Streetball

Kanye plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
Crap on a event, is that the support you have for the only USPL event at SC Village?
FAIL!
Your old birthing grounds and you expected this to be disney world.
I might have lost, but I played and participated and made the Sunday cut, why don't you show up to DC, so this 50yr old goat can bunker your ***.
Grow up wanna be popstar!
I literally have no idea what you were trying to accomplish in this post... but I didnt crap on this event... this event crapped on the sport.

And as for the getting bunkered by a goat part... I would obliterate you on the field. Dont get ahead of your yourself... or your hover round.
Kanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 AM #80
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
Look Jordan,
The event didn't make the sport bad, despite your boy Mike's and Aftermath's experience there. Yes, there were ****ups, your boys got screwed, but a large majority of teams enjoyed themselves and would do it all over again. This isn't the first time Aftermath gets mistreated, remember Phoenix PSP 07, and likely won't be the last.
Where am I coming from?
More national and regional event experience than yourself, and the type who doesn't feel the need to crap all over an event that I didn't even participate in. Hell, at least Mike lent some balance to the situation by commending Camille's, Tom's and Bart's efforts.
You just show up hang with boys, don't play and crap on the event.
Crap on the event without even offering something constructive equals to crapping on paintball.
Sure you support Mike and crew, but form here, you don't support much else.
Mike contributes and lends balance here, even where he's pist and has to criticize. Why don't you follow the lead and keep on learning from the guy you surely respect.
Actually, I should apologize, your screen name and thread title got the best of me. I'm a fan of Kanye's music, but laugh at his whining over losing past Grammys, the coincidence here was just too close for me to pass up!

Out of pure sportsmanship, just got to say that I would love to line up across the field from you. Drilling people you young guys is what keeps me young.
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON

Last edited by Terry59 : 07-30-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Terry59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 AM #81
KillNit
I have no opinion!!

KillNit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballcapt062 View Post
In Bako it seems like poso runs things.
Just to clarify there....Poso Creek Paintball is the ONLY field we have in Kern County. So they don't run things, they just get it all by default.

And there is no need for people to bash other players or other fields, its just bad all the way around.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 AM #82
Incubus311man
Jflip's prodigy

Incubus311man plays in the PSP
Incubus311man is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye View Post
I literally have no idea what you were trying to accomplish in this post... but I didnt crap on this event... this event crapped on the sport.

And as for the getting bunkered by a goat part... I would obliterate you on the field. Dont get ahead of your yourself... or your hover round.
he ****ing said hover round.
Incubus311man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM #83
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
He meant Hover CRAFT, Terry is just that awesome, that he rolls in one of these just for the heck of it!
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:03 PM #84
OMaLLeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Shawn ran XPSL into such a debt hole he had to find an investor to get him out of it. He did find one he managed to convince to invest millions in paintball. He then proceeded to take that money, steal a bunch of it, pay himself a bunch of it, pay his family members a bunch of it, and in under 2 years, run the new NPPL and XPSL into such a debt hole that there was no way out.

Now he is running RPL handing out free entries to lots of teams trying to rebuild a name for himself. He really has no other option, as only brand-spanking-new players are not going to remember his history.

My advice: As long as Shawn Walker is willing to throw in piles of money to run events at a loss, take advantage of his cheap events. But don't be surprised when one day whatever he's running collapses under it's own weight, and don't forget that Shawn Walker is the guy who took millions of dollars that was invested in paintball and, instead of doing something to make paintball better, stole it for himself.

That all, of course, is assuming they don't just toss him in prison first.

- Chris
Chris,
That is not what happened w/ those leagues or w/ the money. And maybe this "anger" is because the NPPL and XPSL decided to use/ make their own ID system and not use yours? And Shawn is still not using yours.....

Shawn is still doing what he loves to do, and from what I can see has the best and most professional set up for a league and fields...

If he does fail, then he does. But he's not right now...