PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 PM #43
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy47 View Post
This is when former rockstar players come out of the shadows on a Dateline NBC Special "Omalley hit me" lol..
YEah! W/ n aluminum bat, covered in broken glass and barbed wire soaked in sterno and set on fire while being held in place w/ a dog chain w/ a bee hive stuck on their head!!!!!

No playin' around!

LOL.......
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 PM #44
86 Baller
86'n everyone

I can barely read what Poso is trying to type...

EJ Wilson fan #1
86 Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:25 PM #45
nealm

nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
wcppl ftw

[Captain Oring]

nealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 PM #46
dr. del
i <3 U

dr. del is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
dr. del posts videos on PbNation
dr. del plays in the APPA D3 division
are you guys talking about hammers and chainsaws?

those are tools.

chrono300 katspix gameonphotos mattdphoto

run.hide.live.
dr. del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:41 PM #47
Johnny5072
Center50 Films

Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOLF View Post
just wow! I think when MIke brings a Pro Division, more teams will play WCPPL from USPL. BUt why quit USPL when it's still paintball? It still has prizes? f it, play em all! I'm down fer whatever!
So you are saying that if the entry fee to USPL is X and the cost to actually play the event (Car rental, food, lodging, paint, equipment) is Y, and the prize payout is Z, X+Y does not equal Z. Even with someone paying your way and maybe a few sponsor dollars, it becomes cost prohibitive after a while. This is the same thinking that put many people in foreclosure and in debt. Use my home equity to pay bills, that is until the market falls out. Use my credit cards to buy things, that is until the interest rates go up so high all you can afford is paying the finance charges. I think we are a smarter group than that. At least I would hope we were.
Johnny5072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:42 PM #48
Johnny5072
Center50 Films

Johnny5072 is a Supporting Member
Johnny5072 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Johnny5072 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
IDK about PWNED.. But I have heard "Captain Bako" screaming at his kids, at events, and truthfully it really annoys the ****e out of me...

People are people.. Not dogs...
And he says that Paintabllers are pussies... Maybe his players are.....

Not a fan of Bobby Knight or any one that coaches that way...

Anger is an emotional tone, that can be used as a tool to get a communication across, it should not be a abused. And if anger is the only tool you have you're not gonna fix much....
Phil Jackson. nuff said.
Johnny5072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:43 PM #49
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

1stGenRex is a Paintball photographer
1stGenRex supports Cereal Killerz 2
1stGenRex donated to help Peyton Trent
1stGenRex helped look for balloons
1stGenRex is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
hey, if Mom paid for me to play, I'd play like 4-5 different series'
1stGenRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 PM #50
southbaykilla
EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by poso View Post
Sorry for bringing kids into paintball.REdakuma.Ill try to be a little kinder to the kids.Iam still in charge I pay a coach to help them.I bye guns jersey pants paint hoppers batteries gas and hell I even help feed a few of them.Not sure what you do for the sport.

Poso or Brett....FYI please don't compare yourself to Hinman or anyone else that has played the sport and coaches top notch paintball players. I'm sure many of your kids would give anything to play on his team. You take a bunch of kids from Bako that may or may not have issues and pay for them that's great, but do they really become talented paintball players? I would guess NOT, if they did their services would be used elsewhere.

Quit bashing what you don't know and take your rants elsewhere. Your RANTs are similar to those of MeanGlen, who if I'm not mistaken, promoted the heck out of your tournament series that amounted to nothing!!!

Keep up what you are doing in Bako for those less fortunate kids that cannot play with your help. ANY PLAYER that's any good travels out of BAKO to play competitive PB.

Last edited by southbaykilla : 07-28-2009 at 02:18 PM.
southbaykilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:05 PM #51
poso

really we werent competive last year or the year before.Wow well be around for awhile were going to try all the events.The kids that have left town are the weaker players.Trust me if you have talent your playing for my organization.Last I looked a bakersfield team was tops in rpl and like I said we will try some other leagues.As far as my league I dont own one.You guys just seem bitter that someone else can come along whos not in your little click and have a little success.Iam sure when I pay my entry the wcppl will be happy I came.Poso Creek paintball will be around for years some of these leagues and the players will be long gone!
poso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:08 PM #52
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

I'll take great pleasure in wrecking your team
Old 07-28-2009, 03:13 PM #53
poso

Hey with out competion this would be a boring world! We will be there and we will give it our best.I hope I dont get the s*&t beat out of me I cant run as fast as I use to.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:15 PM #54
the other one
World Peace

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Here's a 3rd party in-biased opinion from someone who knows nobody in this thread except their posts in this thread.

My opinion is that yes, there is a very big part of coaching that involves yelling, especially in such a noisy sport as paintball....Howver, there is always a proper reason and justification needed for that yelling.

I myself am a Marine, and have been yelled at for four years, and I've done my fair share of yelling as well. But... This is rarely the best way to communicate a learning point to someone. Simply changing the tone of your voice can work, or a slight raising of volume, but yelling and screaming is only needed when the person you're talking to is under an adrenaline rush, where quiet tones are discarded by the brain in an attempt to filter out any non life-threatening information.
Also, if an individual is used to being yelled at on a daily basis, then yelling may be alright... But i'm yet to find more than a handful of civilian kids that this rule applies to.

Also to be considered is the WAY you yell at someone. If you insult, berate, put down or otherwise personalize the yelling in a derrogatory manner, then you're in the wrong here. This type of speech is reseved for extreme punishment, and even then isn't usually neccessary.

Poso-
the way in which others have commented about your yelling can lead one to believe that you are yelling for no reason a lot of the time, and at kids no less. If true, then this is inexcusable. Nobody does that, or should be allowed to do such things, unless a kid is stealing your wallet.
Now, if you had taken the high ground on this one and simply denied the accusations or given a brief justification of your previous actions, then it maybe would have made you sound at least a little credible. Unfortunately, you chose to type what amounts to excuses, comparisons, and accusations toward others.
This in itself is fairly immature. The fact that you did it on the Internet is laughable, and a testament (by your own actions) that you are indeed insecure about it, and probably aren't of the maturity to look beyond playing a stupid game. You flaunt the money issue, using it as validation for your actions. Criminals do that. So did robin hood. But you, good sir, are not helping anyone or the sport if all of your accomplishments can be summed up in "$$$$".

...and insulting somebody doesn't get you anywhere. Name-calling gets you nowhere either. This game is about having fun, and not insulting people with whom you disagree with. (yes, this makes me a hypocrite).

So.... Yep. Have a nice day.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:15 PM #55
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

that's the great about about paintball. even if you get stomped, you still went out and played :p

Last edited by 1stGenRex : 07-28-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 PM #56
ouchboy

ouchboy plays in the USPL
ouchboy plays in the PSP
i like wcppl, i like mike h.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:33 PM #57
pembo0630
Mizzou

pembo0630 is playing at Living Legends V
pembo0630 is playing at Living Legends VI
pembo0630 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pembo0630 is a top reviewer
I thought it was fantastic. The updated field was amazing. The new bunkers, huts, and trenches really added a completely new feel to the field. Was pretty cheap too . Will be going next time for sure
Old 07-28-2009, 03:34 PM #58
1stGenRex
Easily Amused

Old 07-28-2009, 03:43 PM #59
PBClubDude
Patrol For Life!

PBClubDude plays in the USPL
PBClubDude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBClubDude plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
Here's a 3rd party in-biased opinion from someone who knows nobody in this thread except their posts in this thread.

My opinion is that yes, there is a very big part of coaching that involves yelling, especially in such a noisy sport as paintball....Howver, there is always a proper reason and justification needed for that yelling.

I myself am a Marine, and have been yelled at for four years, and I've done my fair share of yelling as well. But... This is rarely the best way to communicate a learning point to someone. Simply changing the tone of your voice can work, or a slight raising of volume, but yelling and screaming is only needed when the person you're talking to is under an adrenaline rush, where quiet tones are discarded by the brain in an attempt to filter out any non life-threatening information.
Also, if an individual is used to being yelled at on a daily basis, then yelling may be alright... But i'm yet to find more than a handful of civilian kids that this rule applies to.

Also to be considered is the WAY you yell at someone. If you insult, berate, put down or otherwise personalize the yelling in a derrogatory manner, then you're in the wrong here. This type of speech is reseved for extreme punishment, and even then isn't usually neccessary.

Poso-
the way in which others have commented about your yelling can lead one to believe that you are yelling for no reason a lot of the time, and at kids no less. If true, then this is inexcusable. Nobody does that, or should be allowed to do such things, unless a kid is stealing your wallet.
Now, if you had taken the high ground on this one and simply denied the accusations or given a brief justification of your previous actions, then it maybe would have made you sound at least a little credible. Unfortunately, you chose to type what amounts to excuses, comparisons, and accusations toward others.
This in itself is fairly immature. The fact that you did it on the Internet is laughable, and a testament (by your own actions) that you are indeed insecure about it, and probably aren't of the maturity to look beyond playing a stupid game. You flaunt the money issue, using it as validation for your actions. Criminals do that. So did robin hood. But you, good sir, are not helping anyone or the sport if all of your accomplishments can be summed up in "$$$$".

...and insulting somebody doesn't get you anywhere. Name-calling gets you nowhere either. This game is about having fun, and not insulting people with whom you disagree with. (yes, this makes me a hypocrite).

Is all I have to say to this......
Phone: 408-295-9015
SantaClaraPaintball.com San Jose, CA BigRedPhotography.net and USPN.BIZ Hollister, CA
PBClubDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 PM #60
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 plays in the APPA D3 division
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post

Poso-

Very well written. Semper Fi!
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:17 PM #61
andrew hw99
V.F.F.V

andrew hw99 plays in the PSP
andrew hw99 donated to help Peyton Trent
andrew hw99 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by poso View Post
When my boys were getting the s&*t kicked out of them at the end of last year I didnt say a word to them.When they had a chance to win a tournament or two you bet I got excited.Its like horse racing your in last place going down the stretch why waste the whip.your neck & neck your going to beat the hell out of that horse.Only first place counts!
To bad your name has that extra "o" on the end... Because you truly are a piece of ****

1st place World Cup 2010 D3
andrew hw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:00 PM #62
poso

WOW I think thats been stated. ,

Last edited by poso : 07-28-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:20 PM #63
Kanye
The Lord of Streetball

Kanye plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
USPL is not the Grammys and you lost, deal with that!
Are you kidding?? I didnt even play the event.... I just went to watch and support the only USPL event at SC village this year cuz it is my old birthing grounds.

I didnt play... kind of like you Terry.... you lost.
Kanye is offline   Reply With Quote